Lumberton at Silsbee

Who That

1 minute ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

I was being scarcastic but Haynes did have Lumberton coming around when he left . He coached up babins first year team and Haynes would've did  good that year. My only complaint about Babin would be that he needs to be patient and quit changing the offense every single year. He needs to find him a system and stay with it so he can build a program, like all the successful coaches do. It's like starting over every year and it negates his advantage of being there for multiple years.

I wasn't necessarily talking about head football coach. I was mostly talking about the AD position. But I still think he has been better for Lumberton football.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Young is an understatement. With Arline and Hatton out for a while, Silsbee has zero varsity experience in the defensive backfield. It showed against Jasper. But they did get better in that 2nd Q vs. the 1st Q. Particularly when the two freshmen were put in at DB.

But like I said, based on what little I saw of Jasper's passing game and Lumberton's passing game from Friday night, Lumberton will be a greater challenge in stopping the pass for these young Tigers.

No young is what they are. Arline and Hatton are not playing right now are they? So yes they are young. The starters they have will be just fine. Give the team time. First game of the year. I didn’t see much difference in how they played. 

Just now, KB24 said:

No young is what they are. Arline and Hatton are not playing right now are they? So yes they are young. The starters they have will be just fine. Give the team time. First game of the year. I didn’t see much difference in how they played. 

I agreed with you about them being young. I was saying they are extremely young. Zero varsity experience.

7 minutes ago, KB24 said:

Yeah they will be fine with time. Jasper is a tough team to start your first varsity game against. They’ll get some good time in this week against us, then good luck against PG lol but after that other than WOS silsbee should be fine till playoffs.

Lumberton needds to take care of hte penalties and turnovers then they will be okay. Should have won last Friday but Coldspring was able to capitalize on their two interceptions, one if which looked like a JJ Watt interception when the boy reached up and snagged the ball out of the air and ran right into the endzone from less than 10 yeads away. The penalties were enough to make someone shake their head and wonder what the heck was going on. I will say this to anyone playing Coldspring, just have a Middle Lineback watch their two running back and go after the first one that stands up, that's where the ball is going.

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Young is an understatement. With Arline and Hatton out for a while, Silsbee has zero varsity experience in the defensive backfield. It showed against Jasper. But they did get better in that 2nd Q vs. the 1st Q. Particularly when the two freshmen were put in at DB.

But like I said, based on what little I saw of Jasper's passing game and Lumberton's passing game from Friday night, Lumberton will be a greater challenge in stopping the pass for these young Tigers.

Well all I know is Lumberton QB better get rid of the ball quickly or a couple of D linemen are going to have a field day. :)

47 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee will not dominate but should win.

You know the Tigers as well as anyone, but from an outsiders view, most would think the #8 team in the State in D2 should be able to handle D1 Ltown rather easily.   But Silsbee does start slow, and perhaps a few injuries?   Hope for a good game with no injuries.

Series breakdown between these two teams:

Started playing each other in 1978 (Silsbee won 42-0)

Silsbee won the first 6 meetings and 15 of the first 16 games played. Lumberton got their first win in the series in 1984 (22-19).

Silsbee then reeled off 9 consecutive wins

Since 2000, the series is in favor of Lumberton, 6-5. Raiders won the first 6 games played since 2000 but Silsbee is now currently on a 5 game win streak in the series.

Silsbee leads the all-time series 20-7.

12 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Might be closer than some people expect, but I think a Tiger victory is likely.

Lets see how many Raiders our young sophomore Williams can lay the smack down on. Pro tip: if you're a Raider player, run the other way.

Their TNT said he better stay away from the middle. Pro Tip: Tell him to swing wide.