Silsbee at Jasper/NO CONTEST

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Maybe because Vidor and PNG was a district game last year is why they stuck it out? That game went until past midnight, didn't it? With a 1 1/2 hour halftime? 

That’s the game (I ain’t completely senile, lol).   Yep, perhaps because it was District.   

From my understanding of the rules, the game is ruled a no contest.

Have to play a complete half and coaches have to agree on the result.

I have been told by two different officials (neither from Jasper or Silsbee) one says it's a game, Jasper win, the other says it should be a no contest.

Will try to get official word tomorrow.

Rocky start to the year but that’s normal for silsbee. Seems like coach smith has his hands full with some mental mistakes being made tonight and poor tackling.

but, one thing I’ve learned from following silsbee football for the past few years is don’t bet against coach smith. He’s proven himself for sure the last two years.

It does seem as if the tigers are missing that one or two superstar player that they usually have that could go off at any time. I’m sure as time goes on one will emerge though.

It was nice to finally get to see some football; or at least half a game!

1 hour ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I'm not sure what the UIL rules are in this situation. Is it really going to count since they didn't get to halftime? I'll take it either way, but Silsbee had Uncle Mo on their side at the end. Playing it out could have gone either way. 

Per the write up on the game no winner was declared. 

1 minute ago, JasperDAWG said:

the greater than > is a mathematical symbol that denotes an inequality between two values.

20>14

Technically You are correct lol

but I don’t think that’s the way coach Barbay is looking at their performance. Dawgs got a good team though, #34 is a beast, and #4 is quick and can pack a punch on defense, 74 and 73 are huge. Good luck this year!

8 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not what I was told by officials.

not the officials decision.

all they can do is suspend the game.

the conference will decided what to do after that.

majority of the time since it is not a district game they call it a GAME and move on.

Suspending the Game ARTICLE 3. a. The referee may suspend the game temporarily when conditions warrant such action. b. When the game is stopped by actions of a person(s) not subject to the rules or for any other reasons not in the rules and cannot continue, the referee shall: 1. Suspend play and direct the players to their team areas. 2. Refer the problem to those responsible for the game’s management. 3. Resume the game when he determines conditions are satisfactory. c. If a game is suspended under Rules 3-3-3-a and b before the end of the fourth period and cannot be resumed, there are four possible options: 1. Resume the game at a later date; 2. Terminate the game with a determined final score; 3. Forfeit of the game; or 4. Declare a no contest. The option that takes effect shall be determined by conference policy if both institutions are members of the same conference. In non-conference competition, the directors of athletics at the participating institutions or their designees, in consultation with the coaches, must agree on one of the four options. This agreement will include the final score if the game is terminated (Rule 8-1-2). d. If a game is suspended under Rules 3-3-3-a and b after four periods of play and cannot be resumed, the game shall be ruled a tie. The final score shall be the score at the end of the last completed period. (Note: If a winner must be determined in a conference playoff game, conference policy shall determine when and where the game will be resumed.) e. A suspended game, if resumed, will begin with the same time remaining and under the identical conditions of down, distance, field position and player eligibility.

i heard the silsbee coach cried and complained so jasper coach agreed to a no contest.  SMH. no stats for the players from this game oh sorry i mean no contest..... lol 

3 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:
Can't you see I'm easily bothered by persistence
One step from lashing out at you
You want in, to get under my skin and call yourself a friend
I've got more friends like you, what do I do?
Is there no standard anymore?
What it takes, who I am, where I've been belong
You can't be something you're not
Be yourself, by yourself, stay away from me
A lesson learned in life
Known from the dawn of time
Respect, walk, what did you say?
Respect, walk
Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
Run your mouth when I'm not around, it's easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
Can you hear the violins playing your song?
Those same friends tell me your every word
Is there no standard anymore?
What it takes, who I am, where I've been belong
You can't be something you're not
Be yourself, by yourself, stay away from me
A lesson learned in life
Known from the dawn of time
Respect, walk, are you talkin' to me?
Respect, walk
No way, punk
Respect, walk, are you talkin' to me?
Respect, walk
Walk on home, boy
Source: 
This is the hidden content, please
Songwriters: Rex Brown / Philip Anselmo / Darrell Lance Abbott / Vincent Paul Abbott
Walk lyrics © Warner Chappell Music, Inc
Pantera

That sounds like something deeper than HS Football going on... Lol. Sometimes talking out loud about issues helps.