Diboll cancelling sports this week

Lions Pride 2021

Apparently, COVID 19 is no hoax. 

Diboll has cancelled athletics the rest of the week.

Hopefully they can keep the school open. I'm still wondering how this social distancing is going to work in a collision sport? and with the long weekend coming up, will the case numbers start going up when. we get closer to district and 5A/6A start?

Based on the closed UIL thread, I'm not sure we're going to finish the season. Let's enjoy it while it lasts. Wear your masks this weekend if you're able to go.

Well, there were a number of collision contests this past week involving teams under our umbrella and so far, Diboll is the only one to has had to cancel because of COVID exposure with no evidence that tracing shows that it was due to exposure with another player who had it.

Sure they won't be the only one, but it is not time to play Chicken Little yet.

Noone has tested positive as of yet in Diboll.  This is how this crap works.  All the media outlets calling us as we played them last Saturday about what are we going to do.  Schools calling our next opponent asking if we have cancelled.  They have had noone (O)  test positive as of yet and we have had no kids miss practice or feel ill thus far.  Not saying that either cannot happen in the next few days, but is the sky falling yet where they want all of us to cancel because some kids dont feel good and one cant taste.  An official called here and told us the supt called the officials chapter and there were 6 positive cases and they were panicked and that was not the case at all.  They are concerned of a possible exposure and a gathering in which a large group attended saturday evening and everyone wants to make it bigger than what it actually is at this date and time.  There are protocols to follow and communication lines in place and people watchng these kids each day and screening them for symptoms.  You don't just call every sick kid a covid case and run to all the social media outlets and the news stations and give them something to sensationalize.  Maybe they do have a covid case, maybe a couple but as of today noone knows and they have quarantined.  

Well, it's the third school within a week that's called a timeout.  And isn't Diboll considered Setxsports coverage area due to who they play?

I'm not saying the sky is falling, yet. But we have a long weekend coming up and kids ain't very good at social distancing, such as the above mentioned party that may be the source of Diboll's pause. Colleges aren't doing much better either.

It'll be interesting to see how this is handled when district play starts. No way all the teams in this coverage area stay COVID free. 

18 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Hopefully they can keep the school open. I'm still wondering how this social distancing is going to work in a collision sport? and with the long weekend coming up, will the case numbers start going up when. we get closer to district and 5A/6A start?

Based on the closed UIL thread, I'm not sure we're going to finish the season. Let's enjoy it while it lasts. Wear your masks this weekend if you're able to go.

if covid is so dangerous schools should shut down ALL extra curricular activities.......

Well, I wonder how many times the following will happen:

Fairfield, who had a player showing COVID-like symptoms, canceled its scheduled game with Brownsboro on Friday.  Brownsboro finds a replacement in Sweetwater and will play in Aledo this Friday.

Test comes back on the player with symptoms.......NEGATIVE.  Now Fairfield is scrambling for an opponent for this weekend because they canceled even though they didn't have a confirmed positive. 

The clock needs to strike midnight and the magic Covid needs to fade away.  Collective hysteria. Nothing but nonsense everywhere.  We are being conditioned for future acts of tyranny in this country and people are willingly happy to surrender away their freedoms.  The cure is worse than the threat.  

1 hour ago, Eazy said:

The clock needs to strike midnight and the magic Covid needs to fade away.  Collective hysteria. Nothing but nonsense everywhere.  We are being conditioned for future acts of tyranny in this country and people are willingly happy to surrender away their freedoms.  The cure is worse than the threat.  

I am embarrassed to have taught for over 3 decades and NOT accomplished a goal of having my students as adults able to read and decipher charts and graphs.

3 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

if covid is so dangerous schools should shut down ALL extra curricular activities.......

I was for postponing extracurriculars so we could focus on the primary goal of schools, educating our children. 

Put on a mask. It's not for you, it's for your fellow citizens. it's going to be the only way to finish this season and get to a vaccine. 

Your views on masks are selfish and stupid.

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, I wonder how many times the following will happen:

Fairfield, who had a player showing COVID-like symptoms, canceled its scheduled game with Brownsboro on Friday.  Brownsboro finds a replacement in Sweetwater and will play in Aledo this Friday.

Test comes back on the player with symptoms.......NEGATIVE.  Now Fairfield is scrambling for an opponent for this weekend because they canceled even though they didn't have a confirmed positive. 

If  they are following/obeying the guidelines set by the UIL and State/TEA this should not be a issue. Just because you have one sick,  or even tests positive for Covid-19 does not mean you have or even need to cancel. If a player is masked when not actively participating in a drill or activity, that limits contact.

Really its not the extra-circular nor schools that are the problem. They are regulated, controlled, and sanitized daily for the most part.  Its the interaction of students OUTSIDE of school. I see people complain about Covid and yet allow their kid to go to friends house, go to party's, go out after school. These are the danger areas not school!

Just now, hitman009 said:

Really its not the extra-circular nor schools that are the problem. They are regulated, controlled, and sanitized daily for the most part.  Its the interaction of students OUTSIDE of school. I see people complain about Covid and yet allow their kid to go to friends house, go to party's, go out after school. These are the danger areas not school!

Bingo, 100% dead on correct!

1 minute ago, hitman009 said:

If  they are following/obeying the guidelines set by the UIL and State/TEA this should not be a issue. Just because you have one sick,  or even tests positive for Covid-19 does not mean you have or even need to cancel. If a player is masked when not actively participating in a drill or activity, that limits contact.

This!!!!

1 hour ago, coach bear said:

I am embarrassed to have taught for over 3 decades and NOT accomplished a goal of having my students as adults able to read and decipher charts and graphs.

I don’t think it’s the ability to decipher charts and graphs.  The question is if you believe the data and a corrupt media.  Not everyone does.  

39 minutes ago, hitman009 said:

Exactly! Why haven’t we locked them all up yet? We could have a giant teen only city, they could all get sick, become immune (mostly) and become non-spreaders and return to regular life in about 6 months to a year. Talk about Chicken Little, lol. 

1 hour ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

I was for postponing extracurriculars so we could focus on the primary goal of schools, educating our children. 

Put on a mask. It's not for you, it's for your fellow citizens. it's going to be the only way to finish this season and get to a vaccine. 

Your views on masks are selfish and stupid.

you need to change your name to sheeps pride.

you views and ignorance are why we are where we are today. 

if your mask work then it will protect you just fine and you don't need to worry about me.

if not go crawl back in your hole and hide from the big bad covid and unmasked people..

either covid is dangerous and we shut down ALL extracurricular activities or it is not so dangerous and we open things up.

you can't have it both ways

On 9/2/2020 at 3:37 PM, MadMustang said:

P.S. No kid has missed practice in Madisonville and or has even the slightest case of the sniffles.  Madisonville vs. Liberty this Friday  Prayers to Diboll that none of the illness is Covid related and they all feel better and are playing again soon!

No one on the football team Varsity or JV level has tested positive for COVID as of today

6 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

The baddest man on the planet, The Rock, caught COVID and struggled with it.

No one likes masks. No one like quarantine. No one likes social distancing. But if we want to have a chance to return to normalcy, let alone have a football season, wear a cotdarn mask in public.

The powers that be said play ball, despite the dangers, so at this point we all got to do our part to make this is as safe a possible for all participants. That includes wearing masks. So that's what we need to do.

Last week, the kids had to wear their masks on a hot bus 2 hours to the middle of nowhere, play a game in 100 degree heat, get back on the bus with masks and endure another 2 hour ride home so we can have our football. 

And they'll do it again this Friday, and every Friday they're able to. The players, the bands, the coaches and schools are all doing their part so old farts like us can have a season to discuss on various message boards.

The only thing being asked of you is to put on a mask and you can't be bothered.

If the season ends early,  people like you are going to be a big reason why it's called off. Grow up. Put on a mask.

47 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

The baddest man on the planet, The Rock, caught COVID and struggled with it. 

You're the ignorant idiot, Dude. 

No one likes masks. No one like quarantine. No one likes social distancing. But if we want to have a chance to return to normalcy, let alone have a football season, wear a cotdarn mask in public.

The powers that be said play ball, despite the dangers, so at this point we all got to do our part to make this is as safe a possible for all participants. That includes wearing masks. So that's what we need to do.

Last week, the kids had to wear their masks on a hot bus 2 hours to the middle of nowhere, play a game in 100 degree heat, get back on the bus with masks and endure another 2 hour ride home so we can have our football. 

And they'll do it again this Friday, and every Friday they're able to. The players, the bands, the coaches and schools are all doing their part so old farts like us can have a season to discuss on various message boards.

The only thing being asked of you is to put on a mask and you can't be bothered.

You're a selfish jerk. I'd say worse but I don't feel like having my account suspended before the game.

If the season ends early,  idiots like you are going to be a big reason why it's called off. Grow up. Put on a mask.

you are comical........thanks for the laugh

you still don't get it but why should i expect you to.

hope to see you at the games.

i will be the one not wearing a mask...... lol

On 9/2/2020 at 3:01 PM, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Who said it was a hoax?  The reaction is the hoax... being killed in a plane crash isn't a hoax either.  Doesn't stop people from continuing their lives.

I feel sorry for the schools and kids that are held hostage by all of this.