Silsbee at Jasper

BADSANTA

1 minute ago, Bulldogs92 said:

That sounds like a lot of fun. 

It truly was a lot of fun.

There were families from both sides that had been friends for a long time. When the game was in Silsbee, my parents usually hosted the get together and when the game was in Jasper, either the DuBose's or Foley's hosted. Usually around 30-40 people would be at these get togethers. I really miss those times.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It truly was a lot of fun.

There were families from both sides that had been friends for a long time. When the game was in Silsbee, my parents usually hosted the get together and when the game was in Jasper, either the DuBose's or Foley's hosted. Usually around 30-40 people would be at these get togethers. I really miss those times.

My family was friends with the DuBoses while we were there. Small world. lol

21 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

My family was friends with the DuBoses while we were there. Small world. lol

Wayne and Betty Dubose use to live in Silsbee. He was the city manager before he took the same position in Jasper. They lived on our street before moving to Jasper. Long, long time friends with my family.

I am from Silsbee, but graduated from Jasper.  So I have a unique interest in these games.  Been to many of them and have had numerous kinfolk play for each side.

Who knows how this one will go, plenty of talent on both sides.   But what a heck of a week these kids and coaches have had to endure.  I hope both teams enjoy themselves and play some good SE Texas football.

Go Dogs.

2 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

lets just hope the silsbee people can act right for a change and there is no cheap shots taken on players.

it is a shame these teams can't play every year because of the actions of 

Jasper has had more than their share of cheap shots!! Remember the 2016/17 basketball season when Silsbee beat Jasper by 60 and a brawl broke out after the game by some Jasper 1988 graduates 😂😂 vs high school kids . Hope all is great and a hard fought game. Safe trip fans!