Madisonville 49 Diboll 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Wow! Didn't see this coming at all. Hopefully, Diboll will learn from this and get better. They earned my respect for what they did to us last year. 

I think they will learn and get better. Diboll has the pieces to be a good team, but just couldn’t put it together today. Conditioning for Diboll was terrible and playing at 2:00 didn’t help although Madisonville held up pretty good. Kinda tough going from the number 1 defense last year to giving up 49  in the first game but hey that’s part of rebuilding. 

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

I think I heard that one of the Gums kid's was injured during the game.  This certainly couldn't have helped things.

Yeah he went out in the first half so hopefully the young man will get back soon. He was definitely an impact player before going out but Madisonville still outplayed Diboll with better conditioning and execution. 

2 hours ago, lumberjack2020 said:

Definitely not the same team as last year, I could tell these kids have some quit in them

Yes I saw the same thing and that will need to change soon. You could tell the heat was a factor for Diboll’s lack of motivation. The trainers on Diboll’s sideline were  busy the whole game working on cramps and keeping the kids cooled off. The 2:00 game was a very bad idea.