Huffman Hargrave 28 Stafford 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

17 hours ago, astros4141078 said:

I watched both splendora and Huffman play week 1 although it is early I would definitely say splendora has the better all around team Huffman looks really small in the trenches 

Agree with this assessment. Apart from the right tackle, who is a pretty good sized kid, they looked small on the O line. Having said that, Stafford had some really big kids on both lines, so that may have contributed. The Falcons didn't look as explosive as last years team, but they are also working with very limited practice time as opposed to years past. Lots of variables make it hard to get a real good feel based on only one game. 

Losing Shivley and San Miguel are big blows for the Falcons. They will need players to step up and fill in those spots to replicate last year's district success.

55 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Agree with this assessment. Apart from the right tackle, who is a pretty good sized kid, they looked small on the O line. Having said that, Stafford had some really big kids on both lines, so that may have contributed. The Falcons didn't look as explosive as last years team, but they are also working with very limited practice time as opposed to years past. Lots of variables make it hard to get a real good feel based on only one game. 

Losing Shivley and San Miguel are big blows for the Falcons. They will need players to step up and fill in those spots to replicate last year's district success.

I believe it's going to be a pretty competitive district you will definitely have to have your A game every Friday night just hope my Vidor pirates are able to work some rust off especially if Jeff can't find a game this week 

59 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

If y’all think Splendora is as good or better than Huffman, then Splendora must have improved quite a bit from last year. Either that or you’re being kind to Huffman. 

Splendora had their moments against CH. In the end, they were just outmatched by better athletes and scheme. At the end of the day, they are a smashmouth type of team and will be a good challenge for Huffman in the weeks upcoming. My hope is the Falcons continue to improve and settle in at the skill positions that were vacated by many big time seniors last year.