4A-1A Week 2 Game Cancellations

AggiesAreWe

13 minutes ago, WOS1986 said:

Ouch and hate to see this group miss more games with their talent as well. Can you or anyone explain me how they cancelled while Vidor and Deweyville plan to play while WOS not. What about LCM and Bridge City?

Since I cannot see what is there in Orange look like while I live Houston. 

I would appreciate your time and help me to understand instead assume wrong or anything. 

Bridge City will probably lose next week's game as well.  LC-M, I haven't heard anything.  Quite frankly, I am surprised that Deweyville is able to play as a number of homes are still without power, which is what prompted Buna to cancel its game.

Vidor escaped the worst as they are on the western side of Orange County so they didn't sustain that much damage.

WO-S just got power yesterday afternoon.  Most of West Orange and just about all of Orange and Pinehurst are still without power and won't have that until tomorrow at the earliest.  Hooks Stadium took some damage.  The scoreboard was destroyed and the goal posts were twisted.  Not to mention that many of the players who evacuated might still be out of town and getting them back to be ready to play next week would be difficult.

Playing Newton isn't out of the question, but they are not in much better shape than the Greater Orange area is.

10 minutes ago, WOS1986 said:

Ahh got it and totally understand. Thanks WOSgrad and much appreciated. 

However, I keep faith in boys and they will be fine. Of course it will be rusty a little and they should be ok. 

Most important is care of families and friends who does not have a electric or without home due damage.

My prayer is Orange Country!

And I finally heard something from LC-M on twitter which is that they don't know when they will be back.

4 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Bridge City will probably lose next week's game as well.  LC-M, I haven't heard anything.  Quite frankly, I am surprised that Deweyville is able to play as a number of homes are still without power, which is what prompted Buna to cancel its game.

Vidor escaped the worst as they are on the western side of Orange County so they didn't sustain that much damage.

WO-S just got power yesterday afternoon.  Most of West Orange and just about all of Orange and Pinehurst are still without power and won't have that until tomorrow at the earliest.  Hooks Stadium took some damage.  The scoreboard was destroyed and the goal posts were twisted.  Not to mention that many of the players who evacuated might still be out of town and getting them back to be ready to play next week would be difficult.

Playing Newton isn't out of the question, but they are not in much better shape than the Greater Orange area is.

No sir WOS just got power about an hour and a half ago!!We are living in luxury down here on Newton street now...That was a long week,Dang

12 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

No sir WOS just got power about an hour and a half ago!!We are living in luxury down here on Newton street now...That was a long week,Dang

Wow, my parents up in the Hilltop area (no more than 1/4 mile from the high school, if that) got it yesterday afternoon and the Entergy outage map I saw this morning indicates that part of Newton that passes in front of WO-S (and just that part of Newton) had power.

5 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Newton might play San Augustine. Idk. 🤷🏾‍♂️

39 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Wow, my parents up in the Hilltop area (no more than 1/4 mile from the high school, if that) got it yesterday afternoon and the Entergy outage map I saw this morning indicates that part of Newton that passes in front of WO-S (and just that part of Newton) had power.

That’s what made it worse the last couple of days showed us all in the green on the map...we were not in the green, I called 3 times myself today and they couldn’t explain either,all history now thankfully!

The majority of Deweyville is still without power tonight...that's alright, It's coming. However, they're heading up to Cushing tomorrow with a small group who don't understand the word "quit" and a very proud Coaching staff who feel the same! Thanks to DISD for allowing these young men the opportunity to go and play. How about we have a little cheering section on here for the 409? Go Pirates!

21 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

The new Microtron scoreboard?  That stinks.