Jasper / Coldspring / Evadale Scrimmage

RedJollyRoger

I just watched the video and neither team was any match at all for Jasper. The announcers pointed out that the Bulldogs won't have as much depth this year as they have in the past two or three years, but man are they fast! 

The second-string offense was effective for the most part against Evadale's first-team defense, but the QB-center exchange was pretty ragged as there were at least four fumbled snaps. The running game was solid and there were a couple of nice pass plays mixed in. I was really impressed with the second-string defense. One of the defensive ends (#81) was in on everything and the Rebels had all kinds of trouble moving the ball. 

The Bulldogs first-team was pretty sharp in both the controlled scrimmage and the two timed quarters against Coldspring. The offense scored touchdowns on the first three possessions and will be run-heavy as usual. The top two guys are going to be a pretty formidable combo and can score from anywhere on the field. Jasper didn't throw much at all, but they had some success and should be a little better in the passing game than in years past. The defense was pretty stout for the most part, but the Trojans managed a score in the half that they played because of a Jasper penalty that got them into scoring position. 

Overall, it was a good night for us considering the long lay-off from football. I'm hoping we'll have football in Lumberton next Friday night. As usual, the weather plays a huge role in things early in the season. You guys make sure you're prepared for whatever comes. God bless...

My cousin went to watch, he said the first string Rebels scored twice and got scored on three times against the jasper 2's. He said it got out of hand bad when the Rebel backups went in, as it should. Not bad for the Rebs though considering how good Jasper is. 

Sure am glad they got to play, Coach told the boys that after West Hardin canceled on them he had a couple of other scrimmages lined up but they were shot down by the other school's administrations. Because the Dale had the one kid get the virus. 

14 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I just watched the video and neither team was any match at all for Jasper. The announcers pointed out that the Bulldogs won't have as much depth this year as they have in the past two or three years, but man are they fast! 

The second-string offense was effective for the most part against Evadale's first-team defense, but the QB-center exchange was pretty ragged as there were at least four fumbled snaps. The running game was solid and there were a couple of nice pass plays mixed in. I was really impressed with the second-string defense. One of the defensive ends (#81) was in on everything and the Rebels had all kinds of trouble moving the ball. 

The Bulldogs first-team was pretty sharp in both the controlled scrimmage and the two timed quarters against Coldspring. The offense scored touchdowns on the first three possessions and will be run-heavy as usual. The top two guys are going to be a pretty formidable combo and can score from anywhere on the field. Jasper didn't throw much at all, but they had some success and should be a little better in the passing game than in years past. The defense was pretty stout for the most part, but the Trojans managed a score in the half that they played because of a Jasper penalty that got them into scoring position. 

Overall, it was a good night for us considering the long lay-off from football. I'm hoping we'll have football in Lumberton next Friday night. As usual, the weather plays a huge role in things early in the season. You guys make sure you're prepared for whatever comes. God bless...

Because jasper will win the state championship 

9 hours ago, NetCat said:

My cousin went to watch, he said the first string Rebels scored twice and got scored on three times against the jasper 2's. He said it got out of hand bad when the Rebel backups went in, as it should. Not bad for the Rebs though considering how good Jasper is. 

Sure am glad they got to play, Coach told the boys that after West Hardin canceled on them he had a couple of other scrimmages lined up but they were shot down by the other school's administrations. Because the Dale had the one kid get the virus. 

Sounds like the kids did ok!

Biden 2020

3 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Because jasper will win the state championship 

Save your BS for someone else. Nowhere in that write-up did I ever say anything like that. I've said before that Jasper will probably lose a few games because of the tough schedule, but they might be better at the end of the year than they have been the past two years. I'd be shocked if the Bulldogs got past either WOS or Carthage in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Save your BS for someone else. Nowhere in that write-up did I ever say anything like that. I've said before that Jasper will probably lose a few games because of the tough schedule, but they might be better at the end of the year than they have been the past two years. I'd be shocked if the Bulldogs got past either WOS or Carthage in the playoffs. 

It's on my prediction post