Signature Dish

SmashMouth

On 8/18/2020 at 6:58 AM, SmashMouth said:

That’s pretty cool. I’m gonna try some. Thx for the background. 

I was at HEB on F M 365 in Port Arthur (often called Nederland WM) this afternoon and they had several bags anasazi  beans.

Now they have 5 less......

They were $2.78 a pound.  Not sure about other HEBs. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2020 at 7:10 PM, SmashMouth said:

This is not a signature dish, necessarily, but something I love to cook/eat. 
Homemade retried beans (use your leftover pintos) and Mexican rice. 
Serve it along side any Tex Mex dish. Can’t beat the homemade stuff. 

I’m going to eat at this guy’s house...

video is on a loop.

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, baddog said:

I’m going to eat at this guy’s house...

video is on a loop.

This is the hidden content, please

Holy moly.   Always heard you could throw green peas in the water, and when the fish come up to take a pea, spear’em.   Durn if he didn’t.   What a fisherman.  🎊🎉🎊

I can’t believe I left this off of my signature list. 
Shrimp & Grits

My son’s 18th is coming up. I asked him where he wanted to go eat for his birthday between Houston and Lake Charles. He said, “I want you to cook your shrimp and grits. Nothing from Houston to Lake Charles can beat it.” That’s my boy...

11 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I can’t believe I left this off of my signature list. 
Shrimp & Grits

My son’s 18th is coming up. I asked him where he wanted to go eat for his birthday between Houston and Lake Charles. He said, “I want you to cook your shrimp and grits. Nothing from Houston to Lake Charles can beat it.” That’s my boy...

That sounds good, I'm sending my wife for ingredients so I can cook it. 😂

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2020 at 1:32 AM, tvc184 said:

and...... they don’t give you gas.

They are named after the Anasazi Indians who cultivated them.

@tvc184

I finally made some Anasazi beans yesterday afternoon.  Awesome!

HOWEVER: my house must be built on an old Anasazi Indian burial grounds. To make my point clear, I’m posting this atop the old porcelain throne. My wife is telling me I need to move out til this goes away. My eyes are watering, and my stomach is churning like a washing machine. Good news is, I’m having more of the leftovers tonight. 

6 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

@tvc184

I finally made some Anasazi beans yesterday afternoon.  Awesome!

HOWEVER: my house must be built on an old Anasazi Indian burial grounds. To make my point clear, I’m posting this atop the old porcelain throne. My wife is telling me I need to move out til this goes away. My eyes are watering, and my stomach is churning like a washing machine. Good news is, I’m having more of the leftovers tonight. 

That was from the eggs you are for breakfast... 😂

Great tasting beans aren’t they?

• 4 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 8:48 PM, Hagar said:

Made my first trip to The Outback in 25 years.  Not a big fan of fried steaks, but saw an ad that they have 3 charbroiled now.  Got the bone-in Ribeye.  Good gosh that was a great steak.

I’ve tried steaks at all the steakhouses. Seem they are all hit n’ miss. My favorite place for steaks now is Carraba’s. The 10 oz. sirloin is amazing. Always get it right.

As a side note, I just finished eating some fried crappie and deep fried potatoes. Hard to beat.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

I’ve tried steaks at all the steakhouses. Seem they are all hit n’ miss. My favorite place for steaks now is Carraba’s. The 10 oz. sirloin is amazing. Always get it right.

As a side note, I just finished eating some fried crappie and deep fried potatoes. Hard to beat.

The Sirloin with the Marsala Sauce on it and the garlic mash potatoes, the fresh sourdough bread with the olive oil & their seasoning never disappoints. Great place to eat. 

3 hours ago, baddog said:

Need a licking my lips emoji, lol.

Your right about local steaks.  Haven’t been back but wouldn’t be surprised for it to be bad.  Things are sure different.  Always got a good steak at Steak & Ale.