UIL official announcement on Friday night football telecasts

AggiesAreWe

13 minutes ago, MrUmp1 said:

How are smaller schools without large press boxes going to accommodate all people needed? Looks like I may need to carry a TV tray and keep stats on my puter in the stands.

That is a discussion that Mike and I have had on many an occasion and the answer is.....we don't know.

8 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

What makes September 25th different? Also, are they only allowing Friday games, and not Thursday or Saturday?

They have always allowed Thursday and Saturday games to be video broadcast live. Just not Friday night.

It's my understanding that Foxsports Southwest has dibs on that night for their broadcast around the state. Just television rights, not webcast.

33 minutes ago, MrUmp1 said:

How are smaller schools without large press boxes going to accommodate all people needed? Looks like I may need to carry a TV tray and keep stats on my puter in the stands.

Question is, what determines "all people needed"?

For Texan Live, they just need two. Camera and play by.

For audio like us, we can do just one man crews if needed.

24 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Way out of my field of expertise here, so here’s, what may be, a dumb question.

Will there be any webcast/TV links via SETXSPORTS?   

No.  All of our broadcasts will be audio only. We will provide the audio for Texan Live webcasts of Silsbee and Beaumont ISD home games (at least) and perhaps others but we will do no video webcasts of our own.

17 minutes ago, gonelsons said:

Can Local Newspapers broadcast their schools games on Facebook Live?

Can but will have to get both schools permission (home and visitor teams)  and as long as some other broadcast entity doesn't already have the rights to the broadcast.

Example, Texan Live has the video broadcast rights and SETXsports has the audio broadcast rights to Silsbee.  So a local newspaper could not do a Facebook Live broadcast for Silsbee.

40 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Can but will have to get both schools permission (home and visitor teams)  and as long as some other broadcast entity doesn't already have the rights to the broadcast.

Example, Texan Live has the video broadcast rights and SETXsports has the audio broadcast rights to Silsbee.  So a local newspaper could not do a Facebook Live broadcast for Silsbee.

I see people doing it at almost every game.