Year of the Pirate?

RedJollyRoger

I completely understand that most folks here are concerned with our local "dynasty" teams and the bigger schools and I am 100% behind that as well. I do have to say this though.... The Deweyville Pirates are gonna make a lot of noise this year...and they are earning that right every practice. My apologies if y'all thought this was a Vidor post, but I feel that they are gonna deal out plenty damage to their opponents as well!  Go Pirates!  

Just now, RedJollyRoger said:

I completely understand that most folks here are concerned with our local "dynasty" teams and the bigger schools and I am 100% behind that as well. I do have to say this though.... The Deweyville Pirates are gonna make a lot of noise this year...and they are earning that right every practice. My apologies if y'all thought this was a Vidor post, but I feel that they are gonna deal out plenty damage to their opponents as well!  Go Pirates!  

Arrgghhh! Matey, Pirate Pride.

Hey Net! Thank you for the kind words. I feel exactly the same. I have a feeling we'll be cleaning out a spot for that River Bowl trophy over in the 'Ville this year. It's always a barn-burner between these two though. Honestly, we do look really good. I know y'all graduated a whole lot of studs but I know you have some coming up to fill those shoes. How about a friendly "gentlemens" wager?  I'm thinking a  DQ Blizzard to the winner?

6 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

Hey Net! Thank you for the kind words. I feel exactly the same. I have a feeling we'll be cleaning out a spot for that River Bowl trophy over in the 'Ville this year. It's always a barn-burner between these two though. Honestly, we do look really good. I know y'all graduated a whole lot of studs but I know you have some coming up to fill those shoes. How about a friendly "gentlemens" wager?  I'm thinking a  DQ Blizzard to the winner?

😂😂😂

I'll take that bet, but it'll have to be a virtual Blizzard unless something changes with this virus. I'm high risk so I really haven't been anywhere since this all started. I'm honestly going bonkers! 🤪

I wish nothing but good things for the Deweyville Pirates this year and I fully expect the Vidor Pirates to win their first outright DC since the ‘70s I believe. (We were co-district champs a few years ago in a three way tie.) We have 6 returning starters on offense and 6 returning starters on defense, all Seniors who can play ball. I have been hearing great things about the underclassmen who are stepping up to fill holes. If we get good play from the new players at the Linebacker and Running Back positions then watch out, we might make some noise in the playoffs.

Correction: 1 returning starter on offense OL and 1 returning starter on defense DL will be Juniors but they are both big ole studs.

Edited by Boneyard Boys
Fix

8 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I wish nothing but good things for the Deweyville Pirates this year and I fully expect the Vidor Pirates to win their first outright DC since the ‘70s I believe. (We were co-district champs a few years ago in a three way tie.) We have 6 returning starters on offense and 6 returning starters on defense, all Seniors who can play ball. I have been hearing great things about the underclassmen who are stepping up to fill holes. If we get good play from the new players at the Linebacker and Running Back positions then watch out, we might make some noise in the playoffs.

Correction: 1 returning starter on offense OL and 1 returning starter on defense DL will be Juniors but they are both big ole studs.

Lets put it on Lumberton.

Just now, WOSdrummer99 said:

Why not?

Because we can’t run our offense without the QB running the ball or at least being a threat to run on every play lol. We can’t and don’t try to throw the ball like West Orange tends to do in the scrimmages. Not that our QB can’t do it but I tend to think that we don’t necessarily turn out the same type of high level receivers that other schools do.

I hope the WOS supporters on here watch our scrimmage, you might be pleasantly surprised with our QB this year. The kid is a pretty good athlete, he fits into the offense really well. Can run tough and throw it a little bit. Plus he knows the offense, was the Junior High and Freshman QB. He finished the year as the varsity starter his Sophomore year before moving away as a Junior.