Silsbee basketball 2020-21

42 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Why not talk about Ozen back when you created this account? They were still very legit back then.

Again, sounds like jealousy.

All I did was ask why out of everything there’s is to talk nothing gets attention or get y’all on this app like a silsbee convo would & y’all got to talking about regionals and stuff like that like it’s literally not a cakewalk to make it to regionals in that region , never took nothing away from the tigers , but the completion in that region is piss poor and I’m not afraid to say that lol 

1 hour ago, ThaGod409 said:

All I did was ask why out of everything there’s is to talk nothing gets attention or get y’all on this app like a silsbee convo would & y’all got to talking about regionals and stuff like that like it’s literally not a cakewalk to make it to regionals in that region , never took nothing away from the tigers , but the completion in that region is piss poor and I’m not afraid to say that lol 

Year in and year out, there is only one region that is tougher than Region III in 4A. That is Region II. Region I and IV are much weaker.

As for Region III 5A, it is also 2nd fiddle to Region II.

You are just kidding yourself and looking for shade when talking about the region being "piss poor".

Again, jealousy.

54 minutes ago, ThaGod409 said:

I don't see at lot of conversation about Silsbee moving up and playing basketball in 5A with the superior talent level this school produces compared to other teams in their district.  Teams in that district don't have the talent pool in their communities to equal the athletics that find their way to Silsbee HS.  This is my personal opinion 

33 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Year in and year out, there is only one region that is tougher than Region III in 4A. That is Region II. Region I and IV are much weaker.

As for Region III 5A, it is also 2nd fiddle to Region II.

You are just kidding yourself and looking for shade when talking about the region being "piss poor".

Again, jealousy.

You probably was born and raised in silsbee so you wouldn’t understand what I’m saying , these past few years instead of last year yall been blowing teams by 50-60 then get to regionals and have 1 good game (Yates) then go to state !prior years  Besides 2017 & 18 with ozen even with BU now  I’ve seen these guys have dog fights second rounds playing against teams like Elkins , Marshall , bush and etc ! I’m just saying y’all talking about Regionals but y’all haven’t been playing nobody till reginals finals honestly 

On 12/1/2020 at 10:09 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Man please.  Don’t get me started when Silsbee won 2 Championships with a Beaumont kid leading the charge.  🤣🤣🤣

And like I said, United wouldn’t miss a beat without Porchia. And and Green has probably spent more time away from Silsbee than at Silsbee. 🤣🤣

Beaumont???? Kid was in Silsbee in the 7th grade. 

1 hour ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I don't see at lot of conversation about Silsbee moving up and playing basketball in 5A with the superior talent level this school produces compared to other teams in their district.  Teams in that district don't have the talent pool in their communities to equal the athletics that find their way to Silsbee HS.  This is my personal opinion 

Houston has 3 million people. Hell I live here and kids can play wherever they want. Its not fair to Silsbee or small towns playing Yates and Faith Family. 

6 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Houston has 3 million people. Hell I live here and kids can play wherever they want. Its not fair to Silsbee or small towns playing Yates and Faith Family. 

You are correct, particular schools in Houston are allowed to receive kids from anywhere in Houston, like Heights, Bellaire, Lamar in HISD.  It's not fair for the other small towns in that district and area having to play Silsbee.  Again Silsbee talent level is equal to a 5A team.   

2 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

You are correct, particular schools in Houston are allowed to receive kids from anywhere in Houston, like Heights, Bellaire, Lamar in HISD.  It's not fair for the other small towns in that district and area having to play Silsbee.  Again Silsbee talent level is equal to a 5A team.   

The UIL places public schools in conferences according to enrollment.  Silsbee has 774 students.  They would need to add 456 students to be placed in 5A.   The UIL makes. some adjustments here & there but that is basically how it goes.  As far as Silsbee's basketball talent, well, they play a lot of basketball in Silsbee.  The more hoop you run the better you get at it.  it is just that simple.

24 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Beaumont???? Kid was in Silsbee in the 7th grade. 

It’s water under the bridge and that kid is my guy.  Very respectful young man and doing great in college academically and athletically.  But this young man lived in Beaumont the whole time, even during his time in Silsbee.  He’s a Beaumont kid... just like the hot shot Running back that was there 4 years ago that shatter dang near every rushing record imaginable at Silsbee. Also a very respectable young man and is thriving in college.  Also a Beaumont kid...

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It’s water under the bridge and that kid is my guy.  Very respectful young man and doing great in college academically and athletically.  But this young man lived in Beaumont the whole time, even during his time in Silsbee.  He’s a Beaumont kid... just like the hot shot Running back that was there 4 years ago that shatter dang near every rushing record imaginable at Silsbee. Also a very respectable young man and is thriving in college.  Also a Beaumont kid...

Man there are enough Tylers living in Silsbee they could start their on town.  The Tylers in Beaumont come from Silsbeee too. Same goes for Cartwrights, Hadnots, Spearman's, Hudsons, Gores, Carters.  They need to drop the name Beaumont and gone and call it South Silsbee.

3 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Man there are enough Tylers living in Silsbee they could start their on town.  The Tylers in Beaumont come from Silsbeee too. Same goes for Cartwrights, Hadnots, Spearman's, Hudsons, Gores, Carters.  They need to drop the name Beaumont and gone and call it South Silsbee.

Lol.  If that makes you sleep better at night.  🤷🏾‍♂️😁

16 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lol.  If that makes you sleep better at night.  🤷🏾‍♂️😁

Calvin Tyler is from Nome Tx to be exact , his dad is from silsbee , but he himself went to elementary, middle and Highschool in bmt tx! Same thing with Jordan adams basically a bmt kid himself went to elementary  and middle school in bmt ! 

2 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Besides, if someone has legit beef, then take it to the UIL & see how far you can get with it.

(my peoples, my peoples, like crabs in a barrel.)

I watched Adams play 6th grade basketball for Vincent middle school against my lil cousin cause he was always so feared lol 😂 

6 hours ago, ThaGod409 said:

I watched Adams play 6th grade basketball for Vincent middle school against my lil cousin cause he was always so feared lol 😂 

Maybe 7th grade in Beaumont but Vincett doesn't have nor did they have a 6th grade team...Adam's was in Beaumont for 6th and 7th....Silsbee from 8th till he graduated...

2 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

Maybe 7th grade in Beaumont but Vincett doesn't have nor did they have a 6th grade team...Adam's was in Beaumont for 6th and 7th....Silsbee from 8th till he graduated...

There was 6th grade team then ran by the bisd police! Officer Reggie Bozeman started the league ! Idk if they still do it now but they did then ! My cousin was coached by coach rideaux of Our mother of mercy !

4 hours ago, ThaGod409 said:

There was 6th grade team then ran by the bisd police! Officer Reggie Bozeman started the league ! Idk if they still do it now but they did then ! My cousin was coached by coach rideaux of Our mother of mercy !

You are correct....he also played there in 7th grade cause I've seen pictures of that team in a friends house cause his son was on that team.