Silsbee basketball 2020-21

57 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

I'm referring to one kid not from Silsbee for those 2 years they won State. If that's what your talking about then thats wrong...Silsbee had 1 kid attend four different Highschools with Silsbee being the last but resided in another city. They had 1 kid move to Silsbee after jr year for reasons resulting from issues with there home and 1 kid who's always lived in another city and attended school there since 8th grade. If the powers to be allow it then so be it. When was the last time a team with all homegrown talent won State where all the kids resided in the city. I cant think of any that I know of in the last 20 years besides the groups from Kountze in there better years. 

Not sure if we're thinking about the same players but....

Bush and Jones were Silsbee kids playing in Beaumont that came home. That other kid, well, you spend five years here, you got Tiger blood in your veins now. Calvin Tyler came over from Ozen for a year. That's who I count. Only other playing I can think of is Thomas, who really didn't play much of a role here before he got in trouble.

That second title team is about as pure of a true small town team you're gonna get, unless that one kid doesn't count. And, well, I guess not everyone will count him as Silsbee 😟

Anyways, looking forward to what Silsbee can do against West Brook. Should have about 90 percent of our roster, minus one starter. Hope we can at least not get blown out.

3 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

I'm referring to one kid not from Silsbee for those 2 years they won State. If that's what your talking about then thats wrong...Silsbee had 1 kid attend four different Highschools with Silsbee being the last but resided in another city. They had 1 kid move to Silsbee after jr year for reasons resulting from issues with there home and 1 kid who's always lived in another city and attended school there since 8th grade. If the powers to be allow it then so be it. When was the last time a team with all homegrown talent won State where all the kids resided in the city. I cant think of any that I know of in the last 20 years besides the groups from Kountze in there better years. 

I know the main guy on one of those teams was not from Kountze.  Kid was from Silsbee.  🤷🏾‍♂️

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Not sure if we're thinking about the same players but....

Bush and Jones were Silsbee kids playing in Beaumont that came home. That other kid, well, you spend five years here, you got Tiger blood in your veins now. Calvin Tyler came over from Ozen for a year. That's who I count. Only other playing I can think of is Thomas, who really didn't play much of a role here before he got in trouble.

That second title team is about as pure of a true small town team you're gonna get, unless that one kid doesn't count. And, well, I guess not everyone will count him as Silsbee 😟

Anyways, looking forward to what Silsbee can do against West Brook. Should have about 90 percent of our roster, minus one starter. Hope we can at least not get blown out.

You can have all the blood in you that you claim but when you and your parents homes are in Beaumont the whole time your attending school 2 cities over and you go home everynight then I guess that makes it ok....IJS

33 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Name some names. I can't think of any player on those 2 championship teams for Silsbee that attended 4 different high schools.  If this mystery person exists he sat on the very end of the bench.  Those were some long and deep benches too.

I don't know any player that was on those two championship teams that attended 4 different high schools.

Significant players on first championship team:

Trajan Harris    Sr.     played entirely at Silsbee

Michael McCain  Sr.       same

Bruce Newton     Sr.       same

Devon McCain    Soph.    same

Kalon Barnes        Jr.        same

Landon Tyler       Soph.    same

Bralon Bush         Fresh.   played all 4 years of high school at Silsbee, middle school at Legacy, lived in Silsbee

Jordan Adams     Soph.    played all 4 years of high school at Silsbee, played 8th grade at Silsbee, 7th at Vincent

Trey Jones           Sr.        played senior year at Silsbee, played first 3 years at Legacy, lived in Silsbee

Calvin Tyler, Jr    Sr.         played senior year at Silsbee, played first 3 years at Beaumont Ozen

2nd championship team

Devon McCain    Jr.        played entirely at Silsbee

Kalon Barnes        Sr.        same

Landon Tyler       Jr.    same

Trey Lowe            Sr.    same

Bralon Bush         Soph.   played all 4 years of high school at Silsbee, middle school at Legacy, lived in Silsbee

Jordan Adams     Jr.    played all 4 years of high school at Silsbee, played 8th grade at Silsbee, 7th at Vincent

24 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

If that's the case then Yates on BU is from Kountze....born and raised there but never went to school there and moved out during middle school...I remember watching him play for STJFL in Kountze till he moved to Beaumont...Mom from Kountze and Dad from Beaumont....

What I’m saying is that the big man from Kountze lived in Silsbee the whole time while he went to school Im Kountze.  The Yates kid including the other kids live in Beaumont...

I didn't get to see Silsbee play every year.  Some seasons I had to depend on what I read or heard on this msg board. I saw the team with Chris Elam and Holmes twice.  The year after that I didn't see any games.

Then in 15/16 Silsbee was ranked #1. I went to a showcase game at Houston Episcopal.  Silsbee vs Bellaire.  A lot of football players were out, but the Tigers still beat Bellaire.  Bellaire had Max Evans.  Devon was a 5'8" freshman.  Jay Adams was about 6'1" and slender.   By the time the playoffs came season Devon had grown to 6'2".   I watched them all four years.  I didn't see anything irregular on those rosters.

5 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Ashton I think was his name. He was from Silsbee but moved to Kountze I think. 

Ashton Hall lived in Silsbee while he attended Kountze. Reason I know this to be fact, he lived across the street from my parents on 3rd street and used to mow my parents yard.

He came over often to visit my dad and talk basketball.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I don't know any player that was on those two championship teams that attended 4 different high schools.

Bralon Bush         Fresh.   played all 4 years of high school at Silsbee, middle school at Legacy, lived in Silsbee

Jordan Adams     Soph.    played all 4 years of high school at Silsbee, played 8th grade at Silsbee, 7th at Vincent

Trey Jones           Sr.        played senior year at Silsbee, played first 3 years at Legacy, lived in Silsbee

Calvin Tyler, Jr    Sr.         played senior year at Silsbee, played first 3 years at Beaumont Ozen

2nd championship team

Bralon Bush         Soph.   played all 4 years of high school at Silsbee, middle school at Legacy, lived in Silsbee

Jordan Adams     Jr.    played all 4 years of high school at Silsbee, played 8th grade at Silsbee, 7th at Vincent

One of the players on the list here was also enrolled in West Brook and Central in addition to what is listed.  And lived in Beaumont at least for awhile.

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

2nd championship team

Naw....Trey Jones went to Central then West Brook then Legacy then Silsbee...that's 4...

If Trey Jones showed up in Silsbee his sr year from another region or another state that is one thing.  Trey Jones dad played for Sigler and Silsbee 25 years ago.  Same applies to Braelon Bush.  The family lives In Silsbee.  That does not bother me.  The district committees and the UIL saw it the say way.  Compared to the recruiting and outright mercenary transfers happening all over the place this is not even worth mentioning. 

In Houston a student can transfer to a magnet school on the other side of town, 15 to 30 miles away, no problem.  Silsbee is only 15 to 20 miles from Beaumont.  You can drive from one to the other in 20 minutes, depending on how fast you can get through Lumberton.   Don't even mention what the private schools like FFA, Bellaire Episcopal, Strake Jesuit Yates, et al  are doing. Oh yeah Yates is a public school, my bad.  Or that home school fakery that resulted in a state championship up in Bridgeport a few years ago.  They haven't taken that away so it still stands.

A lot of good DNA has moved from Silsbee to Beaumont.  That has been going for 30 or 40 years.  I talk to classmates and friends and they are all in Beaumont.  The current BU team has a definite Silsbee flavor.   One or two players come back home to Silsbee in the past five to seven years and somebody wants to make federal case.   Give me a break.

3 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

If Trey Jones showed up in Silsbee his sr year from another region or another state that is one thing.  Trey Jones dad played for Sigler and Silsbee 25 years ago.  Same applies to Braelon Bush.  The family lives In Silsbee.  That does not bother me.  The district committees and the UIL saw it the say way.  Compared to the recruiting and outright mercenary transfers happening all over the place this is not even worth mentioning. 

In Houston a student can transfer to a magnet school on the other side of town, 15 to 30 miles away, no problem.  Silsbee is only 15 to 20 miles from Beaumont.  You can drive from one to the other in 20 minutes, depending on how fast you can get through Lumberton.   Don't even mention what the private schools like FFA, Bellaire Episcopal, Strake Jesuit, et al  are doing.  Or that home school fakery that resulted in state championship up in Bridgeport a few years ago.  They haven't take that away so it still stands.

A lot of good DNA has moved from Silsbee to Beaumont.  That has been going for 30 or 40 years.  I talk to classmates and friends and they are all in Beaumont.  The current BU team has a definite Silsbee flavor.   One or two players come back home to Silsbee in the past five to seven years and somebody wants to make federal case.   Give me a break.

And in all fairness, that  Silsbee would be just what this Silsbee team needs right now while also not hurting BU much...

2 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

The rednecks or whatever they are don't have to explain their racist innuendos why should I have to explain mine.   throwing out bigoted stereotypes like "he should win cause he got a bunch of running, athletic studs.  Call it straight across the board.

So Hardin-Jefferson ISD is your opposition? How?

Do you see Silsbee ISD the same?