Silsbee basketball 2020-21

On 10/21/2020 at 5:31 PM, SportsJunkie32 said:

I ready like your prediction, but Yates Lost by far All of their Scoring.  This year's team will struggle to score and defend.  I see Yates having no problem winning the division (HISD WEAK) but it will be a fight once the playoffs start.  The transfer portal was down this year at Yates, I guess the transfers wanted to play 5A & 6A ball this year.  

Faith Family up 69-36 against Desoto after 3 quarters.   Against Desoto.  And people down here get butt hurt because a kid wants to move from a private school where his dad coaches to the school where he’s zoned.  

I have said the kids in Dallas play tougher, a more inner city-type brand of basketball.  But that’s not the only reason DFW dominates the state tournament.  Look no further than FFA. 

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Faith Family up 69-36 against Desoto after 3 quarters.   Against Desoto.  And people down here get butt hurt because a kid wants to move from a private school where his dad coaches to the school where he’s zoned.  

I have said the kids in Dallas play tougher, a more inner city-type brand of basketball.  But that’s not the only reason DFW dominates the state tournament.  Look no further than FFA. 

Come on man!!!  Just cuz they cheat in dallas don't mean they can cheat down here!  

4 hours ago, Elvis Presley said:

Come on man!!!  Just cuz they cheat in dallas don't mean they can cheat down here!  

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I don’t see anyone in 4A beating Faith Family this year. I blood Yates but this is not our year, Yates is too young and don’t have a outside shooter and the guard position is very weak. I don’t believe there’s a team in SETX that can out score or defend Faith Family this year, Faith Family is too deep and seasoned. Silsbee is too young, HH, and HF doesn’t score enough points and the HJ coach will complain and cry after they get whipped by a team that recruits.  

12 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I’m not sure attending school where you are zoned is “cheating.”  But let’s just say the metroplex “welcomes” competition. 

I thought the boy at fannett should be allowed to play too.  Those dudes in dallas ain't from there though.  You call it competition and I call it cheating.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

IMO, Faith Family shouldn't be playing 4A.

Come on guys, we y’all know the rules for classification and enrollment. I don’t hear any 4A schools complaining when they beat the brakes off Yates in football or baseball. What goes around comes around in high school athletics. Silsbee Back2Back Boys BB Team was so loaded they should have been playing in 5A ??? 

6 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Come on guys, we y’all know the rules for classification and enrollment. I don’t hear any 4A schools complaining when they beat the brakes off Yates in football or baseball. What goes around comes around in high school athletics. Silsbee Back2Back Boys BB Team was so loaded they should have been playing in 5A ??? 

Any charter school should have to play in highest classification. That's my opinion.

12 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Strake Jesuit and Dallas Jesuit have to play 6A football due to recruiting. Similar rules should apply to FF. There was a Dallas article about FF buying the Cedar Hill coaching staff and the reasons stated were very obvious.

I really wanna know how many kids was Desoto missing due to football?

If the answer is very few or none, there's not even gonna be any competition for the 4A state title this year.

and believe it or not, those Silsbee teams only had one kid for one year that wasn't a Silsbee person.

11 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Strake Jesuit and Dallas Jesuit have to play 6A football due to recruiting. Similar rules should apply to FF. There was a Dallas article about FF buying the Cedar Hill coaching staff and the reasons stated were very obvious.

If the answer is very few or none, there's not even gonna be any competition for the 4A state title this year.

and believe it or not, those Silsbee teams only had one kid for one year that wasn't a Silsbee person.

Desoto is 6A.  My guess is they are missing few, if any, due to football. 

1 hour ago, Elvis Presley said:

I thought the boy at fannett should be allowed to play too.  Those dudes in dallas ain't from there though.  You call it competition and I call it cheating.

Jahmi’us Ramsey led Duncanville to the 6A state title a couple of years ago and was just drafted by Sacramento.  Duncanville was the third school he attended...HIS SENIOR YEAR. 

The point is that the UiL, which is as broken and dysfunctional as the NCAA, ALLOWS these DECs to make those decisions.  As evidenced by the Ardoin kid, the appellate process is pretty much a perfunctory joke as well.  So you have one end of the spectrum where you have DFW where the “let them play” mantra rules supreme.  And then the other where you have ADs or Sups or coaches voting kids down who should qualify just to improve their own school’s chances of success.  I would argue that the latter is more disgusting but certainly not trying to justify the former.  

But then you have people hammering HISD (and Yates usually is the whipping boy) about transfers, etc.  But when Dallas has been doing it FOR YEARS and the uil relies on self-governance, is Houston just to concede the championships to Dallas?  Granted FFA is the most egregious I’ve seen (importing a whole coaching staff and team).  

Until the uil gets off its behind and fixes the system (which would take a lot more money and resources than it has), this is what we are stuck with.  If it were me, I would punish the bad actors on both sides - the Faith Family’s AND Huffman’s of the world. 

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Jahmi’us Ramsey led Duncanville to the 6A state title a couple of years ago and was just drafted by Sacramento.  Duncanville was the third school he attended...HIS SENIOR YEAR. 

The point is that the UiL, which is as broken and dysfunctional as the NCAA, ALLOWS these DECs to make those decisions.  As evidenced by the Ardoin kid, the appellate process is pretty much a perfunctory joke as well.  So you have one end of the spectrum where you have DFW where the “let them play” mantra rules supreme.  And then the other where you have ADs or Sups or coaches voting kids down who should qualify just to improve their own school’s chances of success.  I would argue that the latter is more disgusting but certainly not trying to justify the former.  

But then you have people hammering HISD (and Yates usually is the whipping boy) about transfers, etc.  But when Dallas has been doing it FOR YEARS and the uil relies on self-governance, is Houston just to concede the championships to Dallas?  Granted FFA is the most egregious I’ve seen (importing a whole coaching staff and team).  

Until the uil gets off its behind and fixes the system (which would take a lot more money and resources than it has), this is what we are stuck with.  If it were me, I would punish the bad actors on both sides - the Faith Family’s AND Huffman’s of the world. 

The UIL needs to be dissolved and everyone relieved of their duties. UIL is broken and the powers to be are power hungry. That’s my opinion 

5 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

The 2 years they won State?

2 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

The 2 years they won State?

I'm referring to one kid not from Silsbee for those 2 years they won State. If that's what your talking about then thats wrong...Silsbee had 1 kid attend four different Highschools with Silsbee being the last but resided in another city. They had 1 kid move to Silsbee after jr year for reasons resulting from issues with there home and 1 kid who's always lived in another city and attended school there since 8th grade. If the powers to be allow it then so be it. When was the last time a team with all homegrown talent won State where all the kids resided in the city. I cant think of any that I know of in the last 20 years besides the groups from Kountze in there better years.