Silsbee basketball 2020-21

That could realistically happen.

Perfect scenario would be the Hawks beating Silsbee in the regular season, only for the Tigers to knock them out in the playoffs. Don't think our young cats could handle Yates this year. Next year it'll be on though.

Crazy how taller Harris has gotten. I swear he still looked like a little kid less than a year ago.

22 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Perfect scenario would be the Hawks beating Silsbee in the regular season, only for the Tigers to knock them out in the playoffs. Don't think our young cats could handle Yates this year. Next year it'll be on though.

Crazy how taller Harris has gotten. I swear he still looked like a little kid less than a year ago.

OK, I look your scenario 

On 9/11/2020 at 8:57 PM, Tigers94 said:

OK, I like your scenario

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 7:47 PM, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Just saw out schedule as well although not entirely completed yet... We have home games against Martin's Mill, Navasota, Shepherd, Bridge City, Columbia and 2 unnamed opponents (I'm hearing Huntsville and Livingston) away against Madisonville, Bay City, West-Orange Stark, Orangefield, Leggett, and Crockett so far in non-conference play

Scratch Livingston off... Huntsville is confirmed and we also picked up Willis for a home game

2 hours ago, BlueOwl said:

My prediction is Sig will probably get out coached by Davis once again this year. Davis always seems to do more with less, especially against Silsbee.

IMO, last year HJ had the better overall team. Silsbee just had the best player.

So why did the better overall team lose two out of three to Silsbee?

59 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

IMO, last year HJ had the better overall team. Silsbee just had the best player.

So why did the better overall team lose two out of three to Silsbee?

HJ will have the better overall team this year.  Not last year.  I will agree they were deeper but we are talking 4A basketball and Silsbee had one is the best HS players in the state.  With him and the supporting cast, they were the best team in that district.  Similar to people doubting Lumberton’s ability to make the playoffs this year...when you have a legit D1 player at that level, you are going to win a lot of games.  And Bush was more than a legit D1 player.  He was a SETX all time team type player. 

I will agree it was close last year.  Probably very close.  But if I had my choice of coaching one of those teams, give me Bray and the Tigers.  This year I would take the Hawks all day long. 

On 9/11/2020 at 8:05 PM, SportsJunkie32 said:

After reading the comments, it is safe to assume both teams should have their complete teams (If there are No injuries or No Pass, No Play Rule) in the Quarterfinals of the playoffs. 

My Playoff Dream Match Ups For 2021

Silsbee vs HJ Winner Plays Yates

Hightower vs Beaumont United 

Silsbee is very very young. 2 years they dominate 4A.

38 minutes ago, DXTR said:

Football over...full team. Who are the projected starting five for Silsbee? The 8th grade I saw play last year was well oiled. Looked like a JV team. I’m sure a few of them will be starting on Varsity this year. 

Of the freshmen, I expect Harris and Miller to start.