Silsbee basketball 2020-21

I believe this could be a great year for the Tigers. I would guess that there will be two freshmen, two sophomores and one other player on the starting unit. The freshman group is very impressive but you must remember that there were five freshman on the varsity last year and the two groups match very well. Between the two groups they pretty much have a player for every slot and almost can fill every slot on the second team. If they get to play they will have a years experience by play-off time. 

Really want to see what Harper and Jones do for their sophomore year. Jones keeps growing. He looks a little leaner and more athletic looking from a year ago. This could be Harper's team now. He just needs to shoot the ball better and he could easily average 15 - 20 points a game. That and stay out of foul trouble.

Some of our freshman can shoot lights out from the 3, in particular Bottley.

Another positive is I don't think we'll be undersized against most the teams we play this year. Was quite frustrating watching some teams get as many rebounds as needed to scored on us early in the year.

I think 3 or 4 rounds deep seems like reasonable expectations. If the region ends up being really weak like it was last year, Huntsville ain't completely out of the question.

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I saw some Instagram highlights of a  incoming freshman for Silsbee👀👀. I will say he has a nice jump shot and is extra long and athletic. I saw a drive down the lane one hand dunk! Wow!!! It wasn't Miller either. He will have alot of help!! 

Yes...he will be trouble. Was VERY good last year and looks like he grew quiet a bit over the summer.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Got a look at Hardin-Jefferson's basketball schedule.

Let's just say, "they ain't scared".

Is it possible that Hardin-Jefferson will play opponents that are ranked high (top 10 in TX) or play teams above their classification (5A, 6A, or Private).  If they play private, they might have to play teams that recruit. Can't wait to see their schedule.  

Hardin-Jefferson schedule

This is the hidden content, please

Open with Barbers Hill, followed by Silsbee and then Lufkin. All home games.

Play at Nederland on 11/24, followed by at Beaumont United and then home against PA Memorial.

Then on 12/10, 12/11 and 12/12, games at Tatum, Bullard and Longview.

Just saw out schedule as well although not entirely completed yet... We have home games against Martin's Mill, Navasota, Shepherd, Bridge City, Columbia and 2 unnamed opponents (I'm hearing Huntsville and Livingston) away against Madisonville, Bay City, West-Orange Stark, Orangefield, Leggett, and Crockett so far in non-conference play

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Hardin-Jefferson schedule

This is the hidden content, please

Open with Barbers Hill, followed by Silsbee and then Lufkin. All home games.

Play at Nederland on 11/24, followed by at Beaumont United and then home against PA Memorial.

Then on 12/10, 12/11 and 12/12, games at Tatum, Bullard and Longview.

6-3 or 5-4 possible?