Rcssports- 2021 Texas Rankings- couple of area players

Legacy opened a few years ago and they are in the local TCAL district with Bob Hope, Tekoa, Beaumont Harmony etc.

The school from what I understand specializes in getting their students prepared for careers in sports. Anything from sports medicine to coaching to sports broadcasting. I believe all of their coaches played either college or professionally. They have 2 teams, a national travel team that also competes at the TCAL 6A level and a 3A squad that plays in our district. Basically their JV team but that JV team is still very talented. They played for the state championship last year after going undefeated in district play. That group had quite a few that could dunk and I believe we played them closer than anyone else in district and we still lost both games by 20 points (both scores were around 80-60). They beat Tekoa in one of their games something like 120-95. Both of those teams just run up and down the floor and play 0 defense

Yates played Legacy last season, they are building a very nice team this year. Several school districts have indicated that they will not play Legacy because of there open recruitment of local players. Legacy has received several local transfers for this coming season., Legacy will have a talented team on paper, will be interesting to see if they can play together. I doubt if Yates will be given permission to play Legacy this season. Legacy doesn’t appear to be afraid to step out there and play a National Schedule.

Does anyone know if any teams from SETX has them on their schedule this year ??? 

On 8/9/2020 at 1:39 PM, SportsJunkie32 said:

TxHoops, will your alumni take on the challenge of playing this Legacy School this year??? My alumni Yates I believe have been told by the Athletic Director for HISD that we can not play Legacy. 

Not sure what alumni you are speaking of?  I don’t think Shaka would be interested in playing a high school team. 

On 8/7/2020 at 1:06 PM, Southeastxsports2020 said:

In the rankings!!! Harvey kid is a stud, figured he would be higher. 

This is the hidden content, please

He'll get tested in district this year for sure with HJ and HF joining in their district. I saw him this summer, elite shooter. The question will be can he create and defend, or just shoot. He was locked down in the playoffs last year by HF guards

I wouldn’t read much into those.  They are pretty bad at times.  If you look at the 2020 list, which Hicks does (not Jones), they are hard to figure out.  If they are about who the best college prospects are, you can’t have Lampkin behind bigs that are mid major because he had a LOT of high major offers and went power 5.  Same thing with Hefner.  He held tons of high major offers and went A&M, and they have him behind low mid majors.  

If it’s about who the best HS players are, then Bush has to be 1 (2 at the lowest if you want to put Cryer in front of him).  But I didn’t see anyone, including LJ, that was a better HS player than Bush.   So, that list just doesn’t make any sense. 

As for Harvey, I agree with your assessment.  We played against him a few weeks ago in Houston and he didn’t score a point.  And I couldn’t have been more impressed.  He’s strong with the ball, every pass is crisp, and he never takes a defensive possession off.  Everyone knows he can shoot the ball but even in a game where he wasn’t getting a ton of looks and the ball wasn’t falling when he did, he still positively impacted the game.  Those are the ones I really enjoy watching. 

• 2 weeks later...