UIL Medical Advisory Committee to Hold Emergency Meeting in the Morning

WOSgrad

This committee should be meeting every week to evaluate whatever recent developments have happened. Because we are in uncharted water, we can't just continue to push forward without reassessing the situation. After the first week of two a days, it's understandable that they may want to institute new safety guidelines. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed. Hope it goes well.

1 minute ago, WOSgrad said:

Nothing really happened, the UIL medical advisory committee merely passed a motion that a positive student needed clearance from a physician before returning to extracurricular activities including sports.

That is all.

I also saw where if someone living in the same household with a student athlete tests positive, then that athlete will have to quarantine for 10 days.

31 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Pleasantly surprised.   A little tweak, but nothing like the snafu it could have been.  They get an Attaboy.

That's a tweak that should have been understood along time ago. We should be way past telling people if u sick or test positive sick home or if someone at your how is sick or positive stay home for 10 or 14 days etc . It's like we stuck in the same gear. Heck any other Time the finding they ways to get out of practice or school when this wasn't going so why come now unless you trying to get people sick on purpose. And what's the about superintendents saying that they don't have to report positive test. THEY SHOULD BE FIRED AND ARRESTED IF THATS TRUE!

19 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

That's a tweak that should have been understood along time ago. We should be way past telling people if u sick or test positive sick home or if someone at your how is sick or positive stay home for 10 or 14 days etc . It's like we stuck in the same gear. Heck any other Time the finding they ways to get out of practice or school when this wasn't going so why come now unless you trying to get people sick on purpose. And what's the about superintendents saying that they don't have to report positive test. THEY SHOULD BE FIRED AND ARRESTED IF THATS TRUE!

I don’t know guy.  The different 💩 we hear from everyone has my head spinning around.   Like you said, just use a little common sense.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I wonder how they can enforce that?!?!

Should not have to, the parents should be considerate enough to tell their child not to do something and the child should obey. If they cant do they then it's a problem. And if the player cares enough about his or her team then they wouldn't go anyway.