We're a few days in...

NetCat

22 minutes ago, Hagar said:

If the whole team is quarantined when one player/coach/trainer tests positive (and don’t forget all the false-positive test), it’ll be almost impossible to have a football season.   Obviously I didn’t understand the rules for Covid.  

If one comes in contact (or close contact) with one who has tested positive for Covid, then one will have to quarantine for 14 days from the day of contact. 

My wife and I had to quarantine for 14 days after my oldest son tested positive for Covid. We were over at his house helping him do some work on his house and he started feeling bad that evening. Started running fever and went and got tested and it came back positive.

We went and got tested and it came back negative but we still had to quarantine for 14 days.

If one player, coach, manager, etc. catches Covid, then I can see the whole team having to shut down for a minimum of 14 days.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If one comes in contact (or close contact) with one who has tested positive for Covid, then one will have to quarantine for 14 days from the day of contact. 

My wife and I had to quarantine for 14 days after my oldest son tested positive for Covid. We were over at his house helping him do some work on his house and he started feeling bad that evening. Started running fever and went and got tested and it came back positive.

We went and got tested and it came back negative but we still had to quarantine for 14 days.

If one player, coach, manager, etc. catches Covid, then I can see the whole team having to shut down for a minimum of 14 days.

Yep. My wife had to shut it down twice. It was AWESOME! Lol. She had to stay home and cook dinner for two weeks straight. I wonder who forces the quarantining for 14 days? Some places only say 10 days. 

Hope son is doing well.  

31 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yep. My wife had to shut it down twice. It was AWESOME! Lol. She had to stay home and cook dinner for two weeks straight. I wonder who forces the quarantining for 14 days? Some places only say 10 days. 

It's up to each district to enforce quarantine. And like you said, it's different some places. I just hope most places are enforcing some of the rules. Saw a picture from the Evadale vs Bridge City volleyball game and nobody was wearing masks in the stands. 

1 hour ago, NetCat said:

It's up to each district to enforce quarantine. And like you said, it's different some places. I just hope most places are enforcing some of the rules. Saw a picture from the Evadale vs Bridge City volleyball game and nobody was wearing masks in the stands. 

I saw that video as well.

It's posted in the Lamar forum.

We do have other forums here besides this high school football forum. Not all news and info have to be posted in this forum.

I didn't even know Lamar was in that conference. But that does make that its in the college form my mother had mentioned it too me I didn't think about looking on here for it.

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

What I saw said none were showing symptoms. That is more disturbing than numbers.

So...you’re concerned about a virus that has infected 35 kids without any symptoms? 

That’s what we used to call “not sick at all” or “not sick” or maybe “feeling pretty good.”

There are 550+ active cases in Hardin County right now with 13 hospitalized. None on respirators. Nobody passed away this week. That’s not a epidemic or a pandemic. That’s a nasty cold.