We're a few days in...

NetCat

6 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Completely cancelled, what a shame. Small 2a school, I wonder if some of these kids could transfer out and play elsewhere or is too late?

According to the article, Ben Bolt ISD is going virtual learning until October 3rd and having no extracurriculars during the time that they are doing virtual learning.  That means the first practice they could have and the first game would not be until November 6....that is the Wk 11 (or the last week of the regular season) for 4A-1A schools.

Essentially, the Houston ISD 4A schools are in the same boat as their first practice wouldn't be until mid October with the first week they would be able to play a game would be Nov. 13......that is bi-district week for 4A-1A schools.

Now will these two instances alone grind the season to a halt?  Doubtful.  But it bears watching to see how many follow suit.

29 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Not really.  And even if they did, I don't know that they are a mind to.  They have already cancelled DII and DIII fall championships.

But to tie this back to Texas high school football, even if all of the conferences cancel, I don't think it will be a death knell to high school sports this fall. 

But this could:

This is the hidden content, please

Its getting dicey.

7 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

According to the article, Ben Bolt ISD is going virtual learning until October 3rd and having no extracurriculars during the time that they are doing virtual learning.  That means the first practice they could have and the first game would not be until November 6....that is the Wk 11 (or the last week of the regular season) for 4A-1A schools.

Essentially, the Houston ISD 4A schools are in the same boat as their first practice wouldn't be until mid October with the first week they would be able to play a game would be Nov. 13......that is bi-district week for 4A-1A schools.

Now will these two instances alone grind the season to a halt?  Doubtful.  But it bears watching to see how many follow suit.

So if the season starts and games are played for some schools as I expect our local schools to be among the first to start. Is that it, no going back, no shutting it down or moving the season to spring at that point? Or do you think there could be a start, stop, postpone or cancel scenario once we get going?

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

So if the season starts and games are played for some schools as I expect our local schools to be among the first to start. Is that it, no going back, no shutting it down or moving the season to spring at that point? Or do you think there could be a start, stop, postpone or cancel scenario once we get going?

At this point, anything is possible.

Just now, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Two things wos band canceled band practice to but I don't it was for any medical reason. And the big 10 has officially move to the spring. So what would happen to 2021 football season.

I dont blame them. Nothing that can't be done once classes start. After seeing png's purple pride on the news the other night. This is the correct decision.

8 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Me neither, nor any cases from any high school fall practices.

Fingers crossed.

Well, I shouldn't have said anything, darn it!

Kountze football's twitter announced that a player has been tested for COVID.  Camp is suspended pending the results of that test. 

Just now, SmashMouth said:

Dang! Those freakin tests can take a week too!

That depends, I took one today in Houston to be cleared for a cardiac catheterization on Friday (nothing wrong, annual caths are routine for heart transplant recipients) and results are expected in 24-48 hours.

43 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

That depends, I took one today in Houston to be cleared for a cardiac catheterization on Friday (nothing wrong, annual caths are routine for heart transplant recipients) and results are expected in 24-48 hours.

Yep. I know some can go quicker. My wife has been tested 3 different times in Beaumont. All were negative thank goodness. Quickest was 7 days. That was just 3 weeks ago. Had strep. No COVID. 

9 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, I shouldn't have said anything, darn it!

Kountze football's twitter announced that a player has been tested for COVID.  Camp is suspended pending the results of that test. 

I guess we shouldn't have said anything, crap. 

9 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

My prayers go out to you.  I just had a cath done on my renal arteries.  They were clear. 

Okay so this is my take and no one else. First i am not a republican nor a democrat, i am a Christian and i hate all political parties cause they are like lawyers. Second i am anti Allopathic medicine, Pasteur was a fraud bought out by millionaires and billionaires seeing a good investment. Fear is the entire purpose of this whole pandemic. I am not saying there is not a flu virus by any name, there is. Just like there has been for thousands of years. The masters of fear began with predictions of deaths, followed by a lot of deaths, though many were caused by extreme measures of murderous--i mean political line toting governors who had a hand in over a third of all early deaths while hospitals made off with big $ by claiming wasp sting deaths were actually Covid caused. Once the public caught on it switched after rioting to CASES, CASES--what the heck is a case. Funny how no one has ever explained because the term case is even more ambiguous than the cause of death fiasco. Since no virus can be seen, virologists check often for antibodies produced to serve as evidence for presence OR former presence as some virus experts say that if you had a flu shot the past ten years. There is a test for existence of viruses called Koch's Postulate that is a systematic testing to isolate the virus for proven existence. It was NEVER done for this--some experts were besides themselves, yet their rants were hidden by the media, kinda like the Stanford professor, Noble Prize winner for Chemistry has been CRITICAL of the lockdown and everything dealing with this Corona thing. Google, Facebook, and twitter have basically deleted all of his objections.   THE PURPOSE of my post here is that IF all school districts would test all their football players, band members -all fall participants, there would be a lot of positive results--kids sick--NO, but positive results and everything would shut down. Why because we are reacting out of media driven emotion instead of logical interpretation. The reason Europe is doing so much now is NOT because everyone wore a mask, but because they understand the definition of case AND they do not have an impending election. Could i be wrong, yes, in my 34 years of coaching i have been wrong a lot and i have gotten better cause i corrected my mistakes. I first look at the log in my eye rather than the speck in my players cause i have control over who plays. Sorry for the long rant but i have been off social media and computer since about 3-29-20. I have a little time now in between virtual teaching , so i thought i would visit the old SE Texas football forum before i make my move to southern Montgomery County. Ya'll take care and hopefully we get to play ball.

7 minutes ago, coach bear said:

Okay so this is my take and no one else. First i am not a republican nor a democrat, i am a Christian and i hate all political parties cause they are like lawyers. Second i am anti Allopathic medicine, Pasteur was a fraud bought out by millionaires and billionaires seeing a good investment. Fear is the entire purpose of this whole pandemic. I am not saying there is not a flu virus by any name, there is. Just like there has been for thousands of years. The masters of fear began with predictions of deaths, followed by a lot of deaths, though many were caused by extreme measures of murderous--i mean political line toting governors who had a hand in over a third of all early deaths while hospitals made off with big $ by claiming wasp sting deaths were actually Covid caused. Once the public caught on it switched after rioting to CASES, CASES--what the heck is a case. Funny how no one has ever explained because the term case is even more ambiguous than the cause of death fiasco. Since no virus can be seen, virologists check often for antibodies produced to serve as evidence for presence OR former presence as some virus experts say that if you had a flu shot the past ten years. There is a test for existence of viruses called Koch's Postulate that is a systematic testing to isolate the virus for proven existence. It was NEVER done for this--some experts were besides themselves, yet their rants were hidden by the media, kinda like the Stanford professor, Noble Prize winner for Chemistry has been CRITICAL of the lockdown and everything dealing with this Corona thing. Google, Facebook, and twitter have basically deleted all of his objections.   THE PURPOSE of my post here is that IF all school districts would test all their football players, band members -all fall participants, there would be a lot of positive results--kids sick--NO, but positive results and everything would shut down. Why because we are reacting out of media driven emotion instead of logical interpretation. The reason Europe is doing so much now is NOT because everyone wore a mask, but because they understand the definition of case AND they do not have an impending election. Could i be wrong, yes, in my 34 years of coaching i have been wrong a lot and i have gotten better cause i corrected my mistakes. I first look at the log in my eye rather than the speck in my players cause i have control over who plays. Sorry for the long rant but i have been off social media and computer since about 3-29-20. I have a little time now in between virtual teaching , so i thought i would visit the old SE Texas football forum before i make my move to southern Montgomery County. Ya'll take care and hopefully we get to play ball.

Good Lord I wish I could give 1000000 likes. 

Latest information of the Texas Health and Human Services COVID dashboard: Out of over 9,000 confirmed fatalities the amount of deaths of people under 20 isn’t enough to even register. Shows as zero. Of the 9,000 almost 8,300 were older than 50 with majority of that over 70.  Trends seen at the start of this deal have not changed.  I really believe if this had happened 20 maybe even 10 years ago we would be talking about the lives lost from the virus but shutting down business, schools and anything else would not have even been a consideration. Maybe an isolated events, but nothing this widespread effecting this much of the country.  What I am seeing from college coaches, players and high school coaches and players is acknowledgment of the disease and acceptance that precautions are needed. But the desire to play far outweighs assumed risk of the virus.  Hopefully we can get to a point where people have a chance to make decisions for themselves again.

14 hours ago, OutdoorsGuy said:

Latest information of the Texas Health and Human Services COVID dashboard: Out of over 9,000 confirmed fatalities the amount of deaths of people under 20 isn’t enough to even register. Shows as zero. Of the 9,000 almost 8,300 were older than 50 with majority of that over 70.  Trends seen at the start of this deal have not changed.  I really believe if this had happened 20 maybe even 10 years ago we would be talking about the lives lost from the virus but shutting down business, schools and anything else would not have even been a consideration. Maybe an isolated events, but nothing this widespread effecting this much of the country.  What I am seeing from college coaches, players and high school coaches and players is acknowledgment of the disease and acceptance that precautions are needed. But the desire to play far outweighs assumed risk of the virus.  Hopefully we can get to a point where people have a chance to make decisions for themselves again.

Man these guys didn't even make it out the Fieldhouse tomorrow nights game for Bingham- weber miners in Utah  canceled because three of the players test positive for covid. So that's probably at least 2 game missed. I'm I correct?

If the whole team is quarantined when one player/coach/trainer tests positive (and don’t forget all the false-positive test), it’ll be almost impossible to have a football season.   Obviously I didn’t understand the rules for Covid.