WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN A GIFT, LET'S NOT MESS THIS UP!!!

WOSgrad

As we start the 2020-2021 season with our football and volleyball players taking to the field and the court tomorrow, we need to realize what we have been given.

We have been given a gift......a gift to play, coach, and follow high school football and volleyball.  While some might think it should be a given, other states have shown, whether you agree or not, that it is not.

By the dialogue on here, that gift is a very precious one, but is also a very fragile one.  A gift that can be destroyed by a single misstep by a player, coach, staff member, member of the player's family or even friends or fellow students. 

We ALL know the protocols...not all of them are pleasant...many don't agree with them.  But if we do not follow them and destroy this gift we have no one to blame but ourselves...no politicians, no doctors, no nothing, just ourselves.

I may be the eternal optimist, but I believe in these kids, these coaches and these communities to do what is needed to guide this precious gift along.  Some don't agree with that either, but I have seen some pretty serious sacrifices made to allow this gift to proceed in the past.  Let us root that they will be able to do so this year as well.

And let us all pray for our boys and girls, our coaches, teachers and administrators as they lead us long this treacherous path that is the 2020-21 school year.

11 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

As we start the 2020-2021 season with our football and volleyball players taking to the field and the court tomorrow, we need to realize what we have been given.

We have been given a gift......a gift to play, coach, and follow high school football and volleyball.  While some might think it should be a given, other states have shown, whether you agree or not, that it is not.

By the dialogue on here, that gift is a very precious one, but is also a very fragile one.  A gift that can be destroyed by a single misstep by a player, coach, staff member, member of the player's family or even friends or fellow students. 

We ALL know the protocols...not all of them are pleasant...many don't agree with them.  But if we do not follow them and destroy this gift we have no one to blame but ourselves...no politicians, no doctors, no nothing, just ourselves.

I may be the eternal optimist, but I believe in these kids, these coaches and these communities to do what is needed to guide this precious gift along.  Some don't agree with that either, but I have seen some pretty serious sacrifices made to allow this gift to proceed in the past.  Let us root that they will be able to do so this year as well.

And let us all pray for our boys and girls, our coaches, teachers and administrators as they lead us long this treacherous path that is the 2020-21 school year.

Too bad the sport writers up north don't think like you do.

1 minute ago, WOSgrad said:

I do have a thought on that, but I want to keep this thread as positive as possible so I will hold up typing it out.

Agreed!! that's y I hate what I do sometimes but it pays the bills. And check this out I just came from pizza hut here in ohio and when I was walking back into the hotel a guy seen my west orangestark t shirt and said he like the MUSTANGS but he was talking about the Allen east mustangs up here and I told him buddy we are talking about two different programs I almost dropped my pizza trying to show him the rings I have on my phone and when he saw them he said WOW!! yep we are talking about two very different programs. I look them up when first got here over a year ago their not good in any sport ever aleast 5 to 7 years back.

1 hour ago, LEEROY Jenkinss said:

Stay home and stay away from others if you are sick and don't get tested.  A positive test will only bring things to a screeching halt.  There's nothing you can do about it anyway.  This pandemic is going to be just like the flu.  Things will get better November 4th.

Horrible advice. Lol. I get your point, but you have taken the other extreme. There is a middle ground. 

Just saw Ch 6 interviewing Coach T.   Although he didn’t come out & say it, his response, I thought, was directed at the other Coaches & Schools about taking every precaution possible.

Gift?   Absolutely.   Fragile, to be handled with care.   

it's a gift and a risk.  This is not the flu.  People need to understand and follow the precautionary rules.  Less is known about this very contagious virus than people think.  Lets help these kids have the season they totally deserve, but be safe about it. 

On 8/3/2020 at 10:05 AM, LEEROY Jenkinss said:

Stay home and stay away from others if you are sick and don't get tested.  A positive test will only bring things to a screeching halt.  There's nothing you can do about it anyway.  This pandemic is going to be just like the flu.  Things will get better November 4th.

You evidently don't know someone who has died from COVID-19.  Until this weekend, that was the case for me as well.  It isn't anymore:

This is the hidden content, please

14 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Don't get me wrong, I do think that there has been some overreaction to this crisis, perhaps on some level politically involved,  and that some facets of life, including many businesses, schools and high school sports, can continue safely.  At the same time, to assert that this pandemic is some sort of politically induced hoax borders on the idiotic.

Couldn't agree more, but I will say that the response to this pandemic has been and continues to be a politically induced hoax.