About the rules!

WOSgrad

2 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

That's always my complaint when removing a user. The discussion disappeared. Was it just the topics don started? Or others that he had intruded upon too?

I agree. With this new type of message board software that we are now using, it doesn't give us that option to just ban a member without their posts and topics they started being removed.

I own or moderate 4 forms. Each of them has a no profanity rule.

I understand doing a face-to-face heated argument or even some casual conversations, people would let profanity slip even unintentionally.

I have no idea why people cannot type out a response and do so without using some kind of profanity. A hunting forum that I belong to, people will use the £%#@ disguise are they were actually type out the word knowing that the forum program will block it with ****.

2 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I’ve done that. Click post..... and poof. 

I was highly upset because my reply contained some of the most eloquent, uplifting, though-provoking ideas that would have been jaw dropping to everyone on this board. Then again, it could have been just trite drivel. I'm gonna stick with the first one. 😀

1 minute ago, tvc184 said:

I own or moderate 4 forms. Each of them has a no profanity rule.

I understand doing a face-to-face heated argument or even some casual conversations, people would let profanity slip even unintentionally.

I have no idea why people cannot type out a response and do so without using some kind of profanity. A hunting forum that I belong to, people will use the £%#@ disguise are they were actually type out the word knowing that the forum program will block it with ****.

Sometimes a little profanity is an excellent enhancement to a story.  Jokes just don’t have the same pop when you say “fudge.”

But I get it. It doesn’t bother me as long as it’s not directed towards others. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Sometimes a little profanity is an excellent enhancement to a story.  Jokes just don’t have the same pop when you say “fudge.”

But I get it. It doesn’t bother me as long as it’s not directed towards others. 

I have no issue with profanity. I worked around 100+ police office for over 35 years… I’ve definitely heard a few words. It is on occasion humorous and sometimes gets the point across.

But, if I was talking about your statement that I am quoting, it is acceptable to say I don’t agree with you or even I think you have a stupid opinion (but I don’t). But I should be able to get my point across without saying... you are one stupid #%+€ ?€+=.

There is a difference.

6 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I have no issue with profanity. I worked around 100+ police office for over 35 years… I’ve definitely heard a few words. It is on occasion humorous and sometimes gets the point across.

But, if I was talking about your statement that I am quoting, it is acceptable to say I don’t agree with you or even I think you have a stupid opinion (but I don’t). But I should be able to get my point across without saying... you are one stupid #%+€ ?€+=.

There is a difference.

In this instance, the aforementioned "bannee" often states/implied that his intellect was far superior to anyone else on this board.

What was particularly galling in this situation was that I warned him about the same thing not more than a couple of hours before.

So not only was he violating forum rules, he was in essence giving me the finger.

When that happens, this happens:

48 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

What was particularly galling in this situation was that I warned him about the same thing not more than a couple of hours before.

So not only was he violating forum rules, he was in essence giving me the finger.

When that happens, this happens:

A police standard..... along with Underdog.