Game Video Broadcasts?

Rez Ipsa

The UIL, as most are aware, announced that regular-season game video broadcasts will be allowed this season due to COVID. Have there been any announcements as to what streaming services will be available, which schools will be participating, etc? Will TexanLive be involved? Have any schools said they will NOT be broadcasting? 

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

The UIL, as most are aware, announced that regular-season game video broadcasts will be allowed this season due to COVID. Have there been any announcements as to what streaming services will be available, which schools will be participating, etc? Will TexanLive be involved? Have any schools said they will NOT be broadcasting? 

Only local school I know of doing video broadcasts is Silsbee. Texan Live will be doing their games using SETXsports for the audio play by.

I had heard that BISD and PA Memorial were looking to do video broadcasts but nothing confirmed yet.

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The only concern I have with live stream. What are the UIL rules for scouting a team early? Has this been a problem in the past? Of course it would have been in the playoffs because this is new territory for regular season games.

Good point.  For instance, the other schools in 10-4AD1 could find out (gasp) that Vidor runs the ball 99.999999% of the time.  Unfair.  Cheatin’.  😂

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The only concern I have with live stream. What are the UIL rules for scouting a team early? Has this been a problem in the past? Of course it would have been in the playoffs because this is new territory for regular season games.

There is no UIL policy for teams scouting another team early. I have seen coaching staffs of teams scouting other teams 4-5 weeks before their game with that team.

I remember a WO-S coaching staff scouting a Silsbee game several years ago in week 3 and their game with each other was not until week 9 or 10.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Good point.  For instance, the other schools in 10-4AD1 could find out (gasp) that Vidor runs the ball 99.999999% of the time.  Unfair.  Cheatin’.  😂

I found out recently via iPad 😁 

Probably will be how I'll watch some broadcasts this season. 

5 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I wish local news stations would do the big game of the week Live on TV  or even a live video stream on their respective internet websites. Willing to pay to watch some of the games. They could do a price per game or even a season pass and you get all the games... 

There are buckets of money to be made by these schools if streaming were available full-time. 

7 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

PNG Coaches have been using their i - Pads to video for years! You know....to make them halftime adjustments!😂

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not as much money as you think there is. Trust me.

I'm curious as to why -- I believe you, I'm just wondering how the mechanics work. I have spent nearly all of my adult life living away from SETX, nearly always too far to drive in. I would happily pay a per-game price higher than stadium admissions to be able to watch the games live. I'd imagine there would be other people who would do so as well. The only thing I can think of is there not being enough people like me. I know it would not be in the millions, or even the thousands, but it could be higher than we might expect. And then throw in advertising dollars. Of course, not all fan bases are necessarily that big. But streaming PNG games would do "okay" - I'd at least like to see it tried out so we can have some raw numbers to compare vs cost of streaming. I'd guess streaming a game with good quality internet and good commentary (which isn't actually necessary, but it can be nice) isn't cheap, but with enough viewers AND the inevitable advertising benefits, it could be worthwhile for the schools. It is an opportunity to capture money from people who otherwise wouldn't be going to the games and spending money at all. 

I'm thinking, at a minimum, stream Mid-County Madness. They might not get a lot of viewers for other games, but I bet a LOT of people would pay to see that one every year. At least more than a thousand.