(1) La Vega vs. (3) WOS

On 8/14/2020 at 8:18 PM, WO-S 89 said:

My bad I thought y’all were talking the  about Alabama kid. 

No. They're talking abt Dylan spencer.kid was apart of that freshman class that was real gud.the kid from Alabama will start at DT for us. Spencer will get offers by his Jr year. But W.o. is so loaded at the skills position they want miss him.for some that don't recognize this name Jaron Jones. He is just a junior. He is fixing to have a tremendous year.

14 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Is there any news about tickets being sold at the gate?

I have not seen any announcements by WOS about tickets sales for this game, or any others. Although the local shoe salesman has been told by many players parents that WOS will only allow families to attend this season. I hope that's not the truth. But with @Texanlive covering all home games, I may just stay in.

I just left a message with Madisonville ticket sales dept. Hope I can get a call back about sales at the gate. Maybe I will have news soon.

Are you still going to the scrimmage vs vidor tonight? I'll be there for sure.

15 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I have not seen any announcements by WOS about tickets sales for this game, or any others. Although the local shoe salesman has been told by many players parents that WOS will only allow families to attend this season. I hope that's not the truth. But with @Texanlive covering all home games, I may just stay in.

I just left a message with Madisonville ticket sales dept. Hope I can get a call back about sales at the gate. Maybe I will have news soon.

WO-S Athletic Secretary Thereze Sichko posted this in a Facebook WO-S closed group in response to the very question of ticket sales:

"There will not be any season ticket sales. All seats will be general admission with a limited capacity of tickets being sold. Football athletes families and season ticket holders will be able to purchase first, then the remainder will go on sale to Public and then remainder of tickets sent to gates on Friday nights for home games........ticket sales will be the same day and hours as before for the public. Thursday 9-12 & 1-3pm and Friday 9-12 only. Then whatever is unsold of our capacity will be sent to the gate."

9 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

No Friend not for the Vidor game I'm working until 4:30 but, I will go next Friday to Madisonville

Wos better figure something out because lastnight wont cut it against anyone. Dropped passes terrible blocking blown assignments and the play calling was trash. I saw alot of players giving half efforts out there also. I see no fight in these kids if the get behind, I see a bunch of individuals winey moma boys out there no men at all.  If Vidor had any kind of a passing they might have scored 2 or 3 times on west orange. Vidor was very physical every play and we weren't. They better tighten up quick or it will be along sore ride back home next Friday night.

19 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Wos better figure something out because lastnight wont cut it against anyone. Dropped passes terrible blocking blown assignments and the play calling was trash. I saw alot of players giving half efforts out there also. I see no fight in these kids if the get behind, I see a bunch of individuals winey moma boys out there no men at all.  If Vidor had any kind of a passing they might have scored 2 or 3 times on west orange. Vidor was very physical every play and we weren't. They better tighten up quick or it will be along sore ride back home next Friday night.

Remember when I saw Jack Dallas in his first scrimmage.I thought boy are we in trouble.As Paul Harvy would say you know the rest of the story.Scrimmages are to find where you need work, change personal and such but you know this.Coach T saw what you saw and will fix it in time.Be patient.

52 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Remember when I saw Jack Dallas in his first scrimmage.I thought boy are we in trouble.As Paul Harvy would say you know the rest of the story.Scrimmages are to find where you need work, change personal and such but you know this.Coach T saw what you saw and will fix it in time.Be patient.

With a possible storm approaching the gulf. Glad we got that new indoor practice area. Time is short this week. La vega game is not the end, only the beginning. It's long road ahead to the ultimate goal in December.

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

No this is different,  these guys talk about themselves than playing as a team. the proof is in the pudding.

Don’t put a lot of stock in scrimmages.   Coach T & Matthews will use it to get things working.  Both Teams defenses played well.  D always ahead of O at this point.   I remember back when Tom Landry used to Coach the Cowboys.  Wasn’t unusual for them to lose every pre-season game.   Whole nuther story when the season started.

1 hour ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

No this is different,  these guys talk about themselves than playing as a team. the proof is in the pudding.

Coach T will take care of that pretty quick.They ain't no me in WOS football.You don't get on bored you don't play.

44 minutes ago, BobcatDad said:

I thought the Defense look pretty good. Offensive line needs to work on their run blocking but that was expected with the season ending knee injury to the center Courtney Davis. And with 3 new starters on the line

Defense can't pitch shutouts for 16 weeks and score. Chumps better get together quick or pop and  the backs will be running for their life the whole 4 quarters