West Hardin Vs. Evadale/CANCELLED

3 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Let's hope the administration at both schools let them do it. 

Well, I don't mean to cast doubt on anyone's information, but are we sure that the early dismissal at Evadale was due to a positive COVID case?

The only reason I ask is that this is the only place that has reported a possible case.  Social media is SILENT!  Even the Enterprise's Jorge Ramos, who appears to cheer when a COVID case turns up at one of the area schools, has been quiet.

I know it was late in the school day, but usually they are all over it.

Just wondering.

8 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, I don't mean to cast doubt on anyone's information, but are we sure that the early dismissal at Evadale was due to a positive COVID case?

The only reason I ask is that this is the only place that has reported a possible case.  Social media is SILENT!  Even the Enterprise's Jorge Ramos, who appears to cheer when a COVID case turns up at one of the area schools, has been quiet.

I know it was late in the school day, but usually they are all over it.

Just wondering.

My (great) nephew said for sure a case, and his dad said they got a call from the Superintendent saying COVID-19 and they were going to clean the school. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Well the bigger districts just starting this week, hopefully things are still running smoothly next week. 

That's true, I guess I'm really thinking that it's crazy that Bridge City has been in for almost 2 and a half weeks and is fine. But The Dale was in for 2.5 days and is shut down. 

11 hours ago, NetCat said:

I find it crazy that the first school in the area to shut down is a really small one. 

I find it crazy that you close the whole school over one case.  If that’s the plan, why start school at all?   Kids may be less likely to catch it, and may not react as badly to it, but some are still going to catch it.   There could be extenuating circumstances that we’re not aware of, but on the surface, this appears to be an overreaction.   But I’ll admit to be uninformed of the State guidelines for school openings.   Appears we have a “Tiger by the tail”, and have no idea what to do with him.

13 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I find it crazy that you close the whole school over one case.  If that’s the plan, why start school at all?   Kids may be less likely to catch it, and may not react as badly to it, but some are still going to catch it.   There could be extenuating circumstances that we’re not aware of, but on the surface, this appears to be an overreaction.   But I’ll admit to be uninformed of the State guidelines for school openings.   Appears we have a “Tiger by the tail”, and have no idea what to do with him.

This^ 

Is what I think is going on. 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I've heard teachers saying there's no playbook for this. They've had 6 months to write one, but still insist on shutdowns. Can't blame people for being protective of children.

Yes, especially in a smaller school.  I just wonder in a school like North Shore, with over 4,000 students, how they will handle this?  Perhaps each School District has some latitude.  Again, I’m uninformed, and any call is a tough call.