Paxton says health authorities can't close schools to prevent covid

Bobcatfan4life

Read this yesterday and it seems factual.

Iowa HS Baseball season ends tonight (only state where HS sports have taken place since pandemic)

It wasn't exactly smooth sailing with Covid but:

-94% of teams were unaffected

-96% finished season

-all infections reportedly mild

-fans were allowed all season

I know it's Iowa but I still see this as good news.  

4 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Elementary school school shutdown for two weeks after 2nd grader test positive for covid on the first day of school  in GEORGIA. Stopping and starting is not helping Ethier. When will enough be enough that my only question now.

While I can somewhat understand your frustration, this country needs to go on with life! Everything cannot be stopped or shut down due to fear, the consequences of doing that for the short time it was done are already devastating. Businesses are closing and many good people have lost their jobs, with no other jobs to be found. Where does it end? What will people have to go back to if the country is shut down again as you suggest it should be? The fact is, that in the long run, more lives will be negatively effected and lost due to the consequences of the shut down (or an additional one) that have been effected by the virus itself. At some point a line has to be drawn. 

4 minutes ago, gogo1734 said:

While I can somewhat understand your frustration, this country needs to go on with life! Everything cannot be stopped or shut down due to fear, the consequences of doing that for the short time it was done are already devastating. Businesses are closing and many good people have lost their jobs, with no other jobs to be found. Where does it end? What will people have to go back to if the country is shut down again as you suggest it should be? The fact is, that in the long run, more lives will be negatively effected and lost due to the consequences of the shut down (or an additional one) that have been effected by the virus itself. At some point a line has to be drawn. 

But the federal reserve said another 6 week shutdown mabe needed  to help the economy for some reason.

1 hour ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Actually it saids to save the economy. But I don't see how.

This is the hidden content, please

From the article...

“I mean if we were to lock down really hard, I know I hate to even suggest it,” said Kashkari. “People will be frustrated by it, but if we were to lock down hard for a month or six weeks, we could get the case count down so that our testing and our contact tracing was actually enough to control it the way that it's happening in the Northeast right now.”

Kashkari continues, “If we don't do that and we just have this raging virus spreading throughout the country with flare-ups and local lockdowns for the next year or two, which is entirely possible, we're going to see many, many more business bankruptcies, small businesses, big businesses, and that's going to take a lot of time to recover from to rebuild those businesses and then to bring workers back in and re-engage them in the workforce. That's going to be a much slower recovery for all of us.”

59 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

From the article...

“I mean if we were to lock down really hard, I know I hate to even suggest it,” said Kashkari. “People will be frustrated by it, but if we were to lock down hard for a month or six weeks, we could get the case count down so that our testing and our contact tracing was actually enough to control it the way that it's happening in the Northeast right now.”

Kashkari continues, “If we don't do that and we just have this raging virus spreading throughout the country with flare-ups and local lockdowns for the next year or two, which is entirely possible, we're going to see many, many more business bankruptcies, small businesses, big businesses, and that's going to take a lot of time to recover from to rebuild those businesses and then to bring workers back in and re-engage them in the workforce. That's going to be a much slower recovery for all of us.”

Somebody here at work said the same thing 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

From the article...

The Northeast has had the worst results with the virus by a landslide. That's not really debatable. This Kashkari guy has a ridiculous take IMO.

38 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Somebody here at work said the same thing 

I don't think a full lockdown now is the solution. In the spring it slowed the spread, but only temporarily. We needed it then to get testing in place and stock up on medical supplies. Then we opened up early around Memorial day and too many people didn't take the proper precautions. Numbers continue to rise because of more testing. Recovery rates are still high for the majority of the population without underlying conditions. My coworkers sister in law had diabetes and lost her battle with the virus last week. There will be many more. That's a fact of life now more then ever. Nothing is guaranteed.

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

From the article...

Couldn't disagree more with this guy, he acts like there are no consequences to shutting down for six weeks...smh.

I'm sure he'll be drawing a check during that time, or rich enough to weather it out.