Franklin H.S. needs week 1 game

11 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

No disrespect to Franklin. I'd be OK with playing down just to get a game. But this is not our normal operating procedure. After a few teams didn't want none, we have to take what's available 

None takin from franklin folks we usually play up... Lorena, Waco Connally,  Navasota, ect... Are teams we have played in the last 4 years... The boys play hard and give it their all against anyone

14 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

No disrespect to Franklin. I'd be OK with playing down just to get a game. But this is not our normal operating procedure. After a few teams didn't want none, we have to take what's available 

I'd have no problem with them playing.  Year in and year out, Franklin has shown itself to be a quality 3A-I program who would give WO-S the test it needs.

I just hope it gets done as I don't want either team to be on the sidelines for week 1.

48 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I'd have no problem with them playing.  Year in and year out, Franklin has shown itself to be a quality 3A-I program who would give WO-S the test it needs.

I just hope it gets done as I don't want either team to be on the sidelines for week 1.

I agree i want us to be tested early and adding WOS with the likes of Cameron Yoe and a loaded #9 Troy in 3ad1 could help us make another run at state even more so with us dropping back down to 3ad2... Plus i think we could make WOS better we bring back 9/8 and skill position could be some of the best we have ever had... #3 WOS vs #8 Franklin make it happen

25 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Conroe looks like halfway. Would that be an option?

16 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Probably so.  It couldn't be anywhere in Harris Co.

But will they let you use their facilities with COVID going on? 

15 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Who's left?

That is the issue.  In this area, the only option for a Week 1 game would be Evadale (no, I'm not kidding). Statewide, the picture does n't look any better.  So Franklin, absent some of these programs who are now able to restart, might be the last best option for WO-S for a Wk 1 game.

2 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Well if you were Lumberton...you could call Evadale, think they're open week one. 

🤣🤣🤣

Oh, I exchanged messages with Coach Williams and as of late last week, Evadale was still looking for a Week 1.  It is not a favorite choice of Coach Thompson, but he has indicated that he is willing to play anyone to get another game in......remember KIPP Northeast. And Coach Williams has proven that he is not afraid of lining up against a much bigger school....the game you referenced is sufficient evidence of that.

On second thought, who knows, it may happen. LOL!

1 minute ago, WOSgrad said:

Oh, I exchanged messages with Coach Williams and as of late last week, Evadale was still looking for a Week 1.  It is not a favorite choice of Coach Thompson, but he has indicated that he is willing to play anyone to get another game in......remember KIPP Northeast. And Coach Williams has proven that he is not afraid of lining up against a much bigger school....the game you referenced is sufficient evidence of that.

On second thought, who knows, it may happen. LOL!

😂😂😂

Stranger things have happened...

And you're right, apparently Coach Williams ain't scared! 

29 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

There is a write up in The Orange Leader that says WOS and LaVega have been in talks for a while?? Evidently not agreed on yet!

That probably got put on hold due to the McLennan County order that shut down schools in the county, including La Vega and Connally, until just about a couple of hours ago after the county rescinded their order.