PAM vs PNG

I think both sides were able to take away good things from this game. PNG's defense certainly was not ready for game speed, but seemed to come together better as things moved on. I was impressed (mostly) with the PNG offensive line, though there were plenty of plays where the Memorial D-line totally blew past them. Bost continues to show a lot of skill. Memorial needs to cut down on the ball-handling mistakes -- They literally handed PNG the ball to help PNG come back. And of course PNG's fumble cost them a chance at the win. PNG has to improve its tackling (something we've been begging for for 11 years) but there were some moments where PNG showed some good open field takedowns. A lot to learn from. It's the kind of loss that doesn't feel too bad, the more I think about it. It will help us get ready for district, we got to try some things out, and had some weaknesses exposed. I think Memorial should feel good about the win. For whatever reason, they weren't favored, and those late penalties had to have been demoralizing, but they held it together. I think Memorial needs to open up the offense more -- They took their feet off the gas after getting up by 20, and tended to run more or less the same two or three plays on most series. Granted, it got them a win, but that might not work in district. 

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If the foot touches the pylon first, it is ruled a TD. Pylon is field of play.

I thought that applies to a player that already established possession of the ball and is diving for the endzone. I didn't think you could use the plyon to establish possession.

1 minute ago, Yeoj said:

I thought that applies to a player that already established possession of the ball and is diving for the endzone. I didn't think you could use the plyon to establish possession.

you are correct.

Player Out of Bounds

ARTICLE 1. a. A player is out of bounds when any part of his person touches anything, other than another player or game official, on or outside a boundary line (Rule 2-27-15) (A.R. 4-2-1-I and II).

1. An out-of-bounds player who becomes airborne remains out of bounds

until he touches the ground in bounds without simultaneously being out

of bounds.

2. A player who touches a pylon is out of bounds.