PAM vs PNG

35 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

Could anyone imagine what Faircloth could do if he was at PAM with all them athletes ? If both of these teams had the same coaches then PAM would win by a landslide

Says a lot for Coach Faircloth that he has winning programs year in & year out regardless of the quantity of athletes, across the board.  PNG has great participation among the student body going out for football, the desire & effort of the individual athlete is as important as the overall quality of the athlete.  Great coaches make for Great Teams!  PNG is truly blessed to have Coach Faircloth.  I do know that their are some PNG fans that want him replaced.  Those fans are entitled to their opinions, as I am entitled to mine.

2 hours ago, Fizz At said:

Could anyone imagine what Faircloth could do if he was at PAM with all them athletes ? If both of these teams had the same coaches then PAM would win by a landslide

We wouldn't have a defense that could compete consistently. That's what would happen. 

Landslide: lmao 😂 ok. 

Ceiling would be 3rd round, oh wait what did Png do when all world QB was there with the best WRs in SETX? 3rd round too. Hmmm. 

Maybe just maybe other teams are better in some years and in some areas 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

I think Fairchief would have better success in DFW. Just my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

We wouldn't have a defense that could compete consistently. That's what would happen. 

Landslide: lmao 😂 ok. 

Ceiling would be 3rd round, oh wait what did Png do when all world QB was there with the best WRs in SETX? 3rd round too. Hmmm. 

Maybe just maybe other teams are better in some years and in some areas 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

I think Faircloth would have better success in DFW. Just my opinion. 

Defensive coordinator for PNG coaches defense.  If coordinator is sub-par, so is defense.  Faircloth literally has nothing to do with coaching the defense, other than hiring the coordinator.  His blame is in the hiring on defense, not the coaching.  Reverse the situation with our prior coach, Matt Burnett, he was a great defensive coach, but our offense became predictable & ineffective. 

I'll take winning & playoff appearances over just trying to compete for a district championship, anytime!

I think its a toss up. PNG has a D Coord. that has zero experience. So my expectation is the usual on that side of the ball. Offensively, our O line will need to block much better than the scrimmage game IMO. It would not surprise me either way. The key for PNG is to rotate these younger players in and get them some experience. The sophomores in this group are extremely fast and talented, just need to get used to the game speed and a little experience under their belts. I look for a slow start to the season, and by the end, contending for a playoff spot.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:17 AM, png9mon said:

Says a lot for Coach Faircloth that he has winning programs year in & year out regardless of the quantity of athletes, across the board.  PNG has great participation among the student body going out for football, the desire & effort of the individual athlete is as important as the overall quality of the athlete.  Great coaches make for Great Teams!  PNG is truly blessed to have Coach Faircloth.  I do know that their are some PNG fans that want him replaced.  Those fans are entitled to their opinions, as I am entitled to mine.

There will always be people everywhere that want their head coach replaced. If he isn't being talked about, he isn't doing something right imo. I remember the list of candidates for that PNG job. They did their research before hiring him. I remember him bringing donuts to the admin building for fans camping out for the png-ned game. That's how you get the community bought in. He's done a great job. 

47 minutes ago, Broncos2447 said:

There will always be people everywhere that want their head coach replaced. If he isn't being talked about, he isn't doing something right imo. I remember the list of candidates for that PNG job. They did their research before hiring him. I remember him bringing donuts to the admin building for fans camping out for the png-ned game. That's how you get the community bought in. He's done a great job. 

And all this time I thought all you had to do was beat Nederland every year to get the community bought in.....

1 hour ago, RoschonsBigBro said:

This thread aint what it used to be lol. Seems melancholic. 

39 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Yeah well, Shug is gone!!!!! 

I think with the storms, Covid & general craziness nationally, we are all melancholic, frustrated, perplexed & overwhelmed.  Still I got to love that  PNG Indians football. (Even the Shug free version!!!) We now have the Bost with the Most version, it's cool!😄

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

What would he have to say about the PNG Football Team? Now that he's been educated at university.

Obviously, he would be appreciating the incredible high end education he received, along with the comradery of his fellow Indian teammates, that he received while at Port Neches-Groves High School.  Thus preparing him mentally & emotionally for success in his University Classes & Life.  It it why PNG has a special spirit with it's alumni. 👍