LC-M says "We ain't scared!! Bring it Yates!"

On 7/24/2020 at 11:06 PM, SportsJunkie32 said:

The majority of Yates Fans are probably not familiar with LCM or what district they play in. Good to see a SETX team play in the Lions Den. To be political correct, it’s going to be an interesting game for a qtr. If you think the fans are nasty in SETX wait until you visit 3rd Ward. Yates doesn’t have a student section at their home games at the school. After the blowout stop by Frenchy’s Chicken, it’s a 3rd Ward thang. 

Save time & go to Popeyes across the street.  That parking lot and drive thru line at the new Frenchy's is terrible. 

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Yates 117 

LCM 61

BADSANTA, you have LCM actually scoring 61 pts, that's a pretty good offensive production on the road against a full court press for the entire game.  Remember the Coach for LCM agreed to play in The Lions Den where the fan's demand that we bust the clock regardless who the opponent is, there is no sportsmanship or mercy rule in the Lions Den just FYI.  Yes there is an entry fee (Cash Only) for all games at The Lions Den

16 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

BADSANTA, you have LCM actually scoring 61 pts, that's a pretty good offensive production on the road against a full court press for the entire game.  Remember the Coach for LCM agreed to play in The Lions Den where the fan's demand that we bust the clock regardless who the opponent is, there is no sportsmanship or mercy rule in the Lions Den just FYI.  Yes there is an entry fee (Cash Only) for all games at The Lion

We shall see

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Who does Yates have coming back?

Yates have 1 starter returning with Chuks, and Latrell will be a starter off the bench.  Yates also have several underclassmen that will be completing for a starting spot.  I have not seen or read on any social media sites about any transfers at this particular time.  I have read  on Twitter about kids that have transferred to Summer Creek, Legacy School of Sports Science, Westbury Christian. 

Wonder if Silsbee would ever consider paying Yates a visit before district starts?

It would of course have to be our full squad and not when half our guys are playing football. Wouldn't be any point in going if we're bringing Silsbee Lite.

I think the Tigers and Lions could play some competitive games again after this year is done.

11 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Wonder if Silsbee would ever consider paying Yates a visit before district starts?

It would of course have to be our full squad and not when half our guys are playing football. Wouldn't be any point in going if we're bringing Silsbee Lite.

I think the Tigers and Lions could play some competitive games again after this year is done.

I doubt it, Coach Wise usually doesn’t play teams In his classification (4A) during the pre-season, I was surprise when he agreed to play LC-M this year. 

Wonder if Silsbee and HJ will play this season sense they are in separate divisions. Those 3 games last year was must see thrillers. 

51 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I doubt it, Coach Wise usually doesn’t play teams In his classification (4A) during the pre-season, I was surprise when he agreed to play LC-M this year. 

Wonder if Silsbee and HJ will play this season sense they are in separate divisions. Those 3 games last year was must see thrillers. 

Separate divisions?? 

13 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

One game between Silsbee and HJ and it will be early in the season

14 hours ago, Basketballfan1 said:

@SportsJunkie32 If you don’t mind sharing, what is your thoughts/opinions on how good Yates will be next year, I know they lost some people, but I think they still have enough talent to be a top team in the state. Curious to hear your thoughts on the matter.

This years team will be solid for sure with Chucks & Latrell Moore retuning, our guard play should surprise some people this year. We should be highly ranked this season. We should have a deep team as usual and Yes we will press for 32 minutes. I have not heard or read about any transfers, so we will have to wait and see. With HISD starting the school year online we might not know of any transfers until the students return to class. I see Yates going deep (Regionals) in the playoffs. 

Faith Family should be ranked #1 with there returning players and transfers followed by Yates at #2. 

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

HISD has indicated that NO FANS are allowed to attend any basketball games played at any of their high schools.  LC-M is scheduled to play at Yates, ZERO Fans in attendance. Fans are allowed for the district games that are played at the stadiums.   

So much for the idea of showing up to see this one.  Hopefully Texan Live will stream the game.