LC-M says "We ain't scared!! Bring it Yates!"

If you get a chance to play the #1 team in the state, you take it.  Playing these Silsbee teams the last several years showed us where we stood relative to the elite teams in the state and that's an opportunity we didn't want to pass up.  We've also got a home game schedule with Wheatley on January 2.  Really excited/hopeful to play this year!

2 minutes ago, Bear Cave said:

If you get a chance to play the #1 team in the state, you take it.  Playing these Silsbee teams the last several years showed us where we stood relative to the elite teams in the state and that's an opportunity we didn't want to pass up.  We've also got a home game schedule with Wheatley on January 2.  Really excited/hopeful to play this year!

Storied Houston Wheatley coming to The Grove. I'll be there!

When you go to Yates, just don't get caught up in their chant. It's easy to do.

"Ooo Ahh, Third Ward High!!!"

52 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Would have been more ballsy of them to have done it this past year.

What does Yates even have at the moment? They lost a lot, I think.

I don’t think I’ve seen an LCM player other than Jason Throop who would have gotten significant minutes for any Yates team in the past 20-30 years.  This year is no different.  

The majority of Yates Fans are probably not familiar with LCM or what district they play in. Good to see a SETX team play in the Lions Den. To be political correct, it’s going to be an interesting game for a qtr. If you think the fans are nasty in SETX wait until you visit 3rd Ward. Yates doesn’t have a student section at their home games at the school. After the blowout stop by Frenchy’s Chicken, it’s a 3rd Ward thang. 

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Storied Houston Wheatley coming to The Grove. I'll be there!

When you go to Yates, just don't get caught up in their chant. It's easy to do.

"Ooo Ahh, Third Ward High!!!"

This is not the storied Wheatley Team, the community, alumni and fan base does not support this basketball program. You no longer hear that famous chant of Wheatley, Wheatley, Wheatley during their games. The full court press is non-existence doing their games. 

Ooo Ahh, Third Ward High All Day 

21 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

This is not the storied Wheatley Team, the community, alumni and fan base does not support this basketball program. You no longer hear that famous chant of Wheatley, Wheatley, Wheatley during their games. The full court press is non-existence doing their games. 

When did the Wheatley folks stop supporting their squad? I remember back in the day they had some nickname, Purple Power or something like that, they were REALLY good. 

10 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I know Wheatley isn't what they used to be but the name still is storied.

Loved watching them as a kid when they were coached by legendary Jackie Carr.

11 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

The majority of Yates Fans are probably not familiar with LCM or what district they play in. Good to see a SETX team play in the Lions Den. To be political correct, it’s going to be an interesting game for a qtr. If you think the fans are nasty in SETX wait until you visit 3rd Ward. Yates doesn’t have a student section at their home games at the school. After the blowout stop by Frenchy’s Chicken, it’s a 3rd Ward thang. 

I have a daughter that lives in 3rd ward.  (TSU) Timmy Chan’s is my stoping place after any trip to 3rd ward...

18 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Should be a lot of fun games this year with no tourneys I’m sure people are playing people that really wouldn’t normally play!! Can’t wait to the schedules. 

True. I will miss the tourneys but most of them have the same teams every year. Time to expand the horizon. Lol

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

When did the Wheatley folks stop supporting their squad? I remember back in the day they had some nickname, Purple Power or something like that, they were REALLY good. 

I would say in the last 10 years, let me be clear when I say Wheatley folks have stop supporting the team as far as their fans attending the games, student athletics that are zoned to Wheatley are going to other local schools.  The rich basketball tradition at Wheatley sadly does not exist.