28 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This should not happen. Why not give up tickets for 4 years to parents who need them?

NISD should give the parents of football,band, and cheer first dibs on tickets before releasing the rest to the public. Come on Big Ned! take care of the parents and season ticket holders first.

4 hours ago, Michele said:

I have been trying to buy season tickets for 18 YEARS!!!! In the meantime, two of my kids have graduated (2012 & 2018) and my youngest (in band) is a SENIOR this year.  In line every year just to be told those infamous words " SOLD OUT "

The thought of missing any of the games for his SENIOR year breaks my heart, especially SENIOR NIGHT recognition.

Get there real early and sit in the stands before anyone gets there. You’ll be ok. No one should have to miss that. 

4 hours ago, Michele said:

I have been trying to buy season tickets for 18 YEARS!!!! In the meantime, two of my kids have graduated (2012 & 2018) and my youngest (in band) is a SENIOR this year.  In line every year just to be told those infamous words " SOLD OUT "

The thought of missing any of the games for his SENIOR year breaks my heart, especially SENIOR NIGHT recognition.

Just dress up as a EMT an walk on in they’ll never notice. You want even have to pay. 😎

10 hours ago, Michele said:

that is a lot of years to fail.  

34 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I believe all senior parents should be able to see their child perform... but breach of contract would be the grounds of it

Idk if that would work... Do you really sign a legally binding contract with terms and conditions?

10 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Idk if that would work... Do you really sign a legally binding contract with terms and conditions?

For Nederland’s season tickets yes you actually do... when my grandfather passed I had to show his will and bring his death certificate for the tickets to pass them down. It was a mess. 

33 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

it would be one thing if the games were cancelled.

if they play the games and they decided they would rather let someone else attend the games instead of a person who had purchased a ticket there is going to be issues.

how would you like it if you purchased front row tickets to your favorite band.  a month before the show before the show they send you an email that says the bands family is going to be in town for that show and they are going to be sitting in your seats so your tickets are no good.

now do you see the issue

46 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

it would be one thing if the games were cancelled.

if they play the games and they decided they would rather let someone else attend the games instead of a person who had purchased a ticket there is going to be issues.

how would you like it if you purchased front row tickets to your favorite band.  a month before the show before the show they send you an email that says the bands family is going to be in town for that show and they are going to be sitting in your seats so your tickets are no good.

now do you see the issue

Do you get your money back at least?

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

I believe all senior parents should be able to see their child perform... but breach of contract would be the grounds of it

My wife’s mother was in ICU at Baptist Hospital about a month ago for 2 weeks. But due to the panicdemic not one family member was allowed in to see her for the two weeks. An no she wasn’t in because of Covid. But she could have died in there without a family member by her side. Luckily she’s back home doing well. Should we have sued?

3 minutes ago, Realville said:

My wife’s mother was in ICU at Baptist Hospital about a month ago for 2 weeks. But due to the panicdemic not one family member was allowed in to see her for the two weeks. An no she wasn’t in because of Covid. But she could have died in there without a family member by her side. Luckily she’s back home doing well. Should we have sued?

Baptist and St. E would have let a family member(s) in for child birth, hospitalized children, and end of life care situations as long they didn’t have fever upon entering the hospital. They didn’t seem to think that was the case obviously with you saying she is now back at home. So why would you sue? You didn’t sign any legal documents stating that you are allowed access into the facility. Baptist hospital would have granted access on a need be basis. 

9 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Baptist and St. E would have let a family member(s) in for child birth, hospitalized children, and end of life care situations as long they didn’t have fever upon entering the hospital. They didn’t seem to think that was the case obviously with you saying she is now back at home. So why would you sue? You didn’t sign any legal documents stating that you are allowed access into the facility. Baptist hospital would have granted access on a need be basis. 

I was just making an analogy and being facetious. I would find it silly to sue the school district. Band,cheer, and football are extracurricular activities, they are not being forced to participate. Should the school district sue the parents for not making their kids come to school instead of doing school from home  online because of the panicdemic? But I am sure the district will make sure all band,cheer and football parents get tickets first and then season ticket holders come 2nd. 

1 minute ago, JasperDAWG said:

lol. reading all the posts so far leads to exactly what I was saying when I started this thread. GOD bless Texans and our passion for the BEST highschool football in the country!

Yes Sir!

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

lol. reading all the posts so far leads to exactly what I was saying when I started this thread. GOD bless Texans and our passion for the BEST highschool football in the country!!

On 7/31/2020 at 10:20 PM, THE DUDE said:

that is a lot of years to fail.  

Yes it is, but I keep trying.  When you are up against people "Willing" them to their family members for generations ..... well .... it seems unfair.  It should not be allowed.

1 hour ago, Michele said:

Yes it is, but I keep trying.  When you are up against people "Willing" them to their family members for generations ..... well .... it seems unfair.  It should not be allowed.

I understand your position. And I can definitely sympathize. But I think it’s things like the willing of the tickets that keep people excited about the game. If there is such a demand, why don’t they just add more reserved seating? As I said before, get there early and you won’t even have to pay. If life were fair, I wouldn’t look like I do... Lol.