Some changes to high school basketball per UIL

5 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

No tourneys but will host state tourney.. very head scratching choice.. 

I assume because site is large enough to social distance and it's not till March.

I am very upset with the no tourney policy because I will miss all those great hospitality rooms!!

31 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I assume because site is large enough to social distance and it's not till March.

I am very upset with the no tourney policy because I will miss all those great hospitality rooms!!

Which makes me think the Alamodome could possibly be the home of the state championship games for football... if they can find a way to issue tickets via like only sold at the schools playing and X amount tickets allowed. Student athletes first dibs on them 

19 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

My condolences go out to you on the hospitality rooms. I did a moment of silence in your honor. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Keeping my fingers cross that by March 2021 we will have this virus under total control and The UIL would reconsider on Huntsville. It was nice and convenient to see all 4 teams playing  at one location. Having the opportunity to see the 2 teams that will play Saturday on Friday Night at one location is nice and it cuts down on travel and lodging. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 8:56 AM, BS Wildcats said:

Heard Big Sandy is only going to allow 2 fans per player.  If the mask works, why not just make everyone where a mask period.  If they work, why social distance.  

That seems to be the program. Some gyms will allow NO fans is what I’m hearing. Piney Woods Academy isn’t big enough for people to social distance.  Sad. Hoping this changes after the election. 

17 minutes ago, no-look said:

That seems to be the program. Some gyms will allow NO fans is what I’m hearing. Piney Woods Academy isn’t big enough for people to social distance.  Sad. Hoping this changes after the election. 

Both of us.  I still say MAKE everybody wear the mask, and open the gym.  Not to hard to enforce for the smaller schools.