Phone Scams

Hagar

Like most folks, I don’t answer unknown calls, and then block the numbers.  Got a new phone, but though new, it’s not a new model.  It does have a nice touch, keeping the phone from ringing for unknown calls.   But now the scammers have started texting me, which I don’t have an easy way to block, but figured out a way.

I get a lot of these text now.   You package from Amazon is delayed, and they have an attachment.  You’re new phone is ready for pickup, see details.  Used to seldom get these, now I’m getting 2-3 a day on average.  

Any of y’all getting these texts, or am I just lucky?   Most have NY area codes.

2 hours ago, NetCat said:

I don't get a ton, maybe 1-2 a week. 

Many of mine are addressed “Ashley this / Ashley that”.   I wonder if some dingbat (named Ashley)  just picked a number at random, and it was mine.  

I get texts from lefties thinking I am Emma ( my SIL) wanting my vote. I tell them I am not Emma and that they stole my phone number from somewhere. I also tell them I am a deplorable conservative, not a communist, and to take me off their list now. One answered back and said, “We are taking you off our list immediately”. Lmao