Don (the godfather Trump ) commute Stone

PAMFAM10

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

We true conservatives are a constant source of information for the young bucks as well as the old bucks!

I've never seen a list like that before. Had no idea that there were that many people being pardoned. Thought only a few people would get pardoned by an outgoing potus towards the end of his term. Is this typical, or a new Obama style tradition?

22 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I've never seen a list like that before. Had no idea that there were that many people being pardoned. Thought only a few people would get pardoned by an outgoing potus towards the end of his term. Is this typical, or a new Obama style tradition?

Nothing new, but Obama set them bar very high in numbers.

12 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Serious questions as a man in a free country free to think as he choose. You don’t find anything fishy about Trump freeing stone? If Obama did the same would you be ok with it. This is not a d vs r thing. Many republicans feel same way Mia love a favorite on here feels same way. Is freeing stone draining the swamp.

I guess we forgot what obama/holder did concerning the new black panthers when they were found GUILTY of voter intimidation?!   After they were found guilty -- obama/holder DROPPED the charges!!   From the article:  "Bartle Bull, who worked as a civil rights lawyer in the south in the 1960's and is a former campaign manager for Robert Kennedy, said it was the most blatant form of voter intimidation he had ever seen."   So, I guess some are so far to the left that they can't smell "this" true and evil fishy smell from there!!

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

I guess we forgot what obama/holder did concerning the new black panthers when they were found GUILTY of voter intimidation?!   After they were found guilty -- obama/holder DROPPED the charges!!   From the article:  "Bartle Bull, who worked as a civil rights lawyer in the south in the 1960's and is a former campaign manager for Robert Kennedy, said it was the most blatant form of voter intimidation he had ever seen."   So, I guess some are so far to the left that they can't smell "this" true and evil fishy smell from there!!

Yet you did not answer the question 

15 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Serious questions as a man in a free country free to think as he choose. You don’t find anything fishy about Trump freeing stone? If Obama did the same would you be ok with it. This is not a d vs r thing. Many republicans feel same way Mia love a favorite on here feels same way. Is freeing stone draining the swamp.

Let's see what the left's other hero did.  From the article:  "She (Susan Rosenberg) spent 16 years in jail, during which she emerged as an author and AIDS activist, and President Bill Clinton pardoned her on his final day in office on January 20, 2001.   'Susan Rosenberg, who handles their (BLM) finances is a convicted terrorist who was involved with the Black Panthers who used to slaughter police officers,' Giuliani said on the show. 'This convicted terrorist was sentenced to 58 years. Clinton’s corrupt last hour pardon set her free."  

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Of course they’ve all granted pardons, clemency, and sentence commutations. 

I just can’t recall an instance where the pardon was for an individual (Stone) who was so closely aligned with the person granting it.  It seems like Trump is thanking Stone for keeping his mouth shut. 

Am I understanding you correctly?  As long as a person is an "appropriate distance" from the President, all is ok but if the president knows the person being pardoned, it is unacceptable?   I can assure you that many of Obamas pardons involved people who were close to his minions or "the cause"

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

Am I understanding you correctly?  As long as a person is an "appropriate distance" from the President, all is ok but if the president knows the person being pardoned, it is unacceptable?   I can assure you that many of Obamas pardons involved people who were close to his minions or "the cause"

No.... if a person is headed to federal prison for "helping" the President's campaign and then the same President pardons him, it's unethical by any objective standard. 

Most of the time the President will pardon someone after they've served an amount of time.  Kinda like Blagojevich, Scooter Libby, etc... I can't think of another instance where a person was pardoned before even making to prison.  Much less a person whose crimes involved the person (Trump) granting the pardon.

If you think there's nothing wrong with the scenario, you're not being objective. 

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

No.... if a person is headed to federal prison for "helping" the President's campaign and then the same President pardons him, it's unethical by any objective standard. 

Most of the time the President will pardon someone after they've served an amount of time.  Kinda like Blagojevich, Scooter Libby, etc... I can't think of another instance where a person was pardoned before even making to prison.  Much less a person whose crimes involved the person (Trump) granting the pardon.

If you think there's nothing wrong with the scenario, you're not being objective. 

Stone never looked shooked it’s like he knew The pardon was coming. This is just a bad look. I personally feel no president should have the right to pardon anyone. Leave that to a judge a jury and appeals courts and then governor. 

20 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I don’t think Marc Rich served any prison time.

40 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

January 17, 2017. During his 4th to last day in office, Obama pardoned James Cartwright, who was awaiting sentencing for giving false statements to federal investigators, and Willie McCovey was pardoned for tax evasion.

14 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Stone never looked shooked it’s like he knew The pardon was coming. This is just a bad look. I personally feel no president should have the right to pardon anyone. Leave that to a judge a jury and appeals courts and then governor. 

I think the President should.  It's what Ford did when Nixon resigned.  People didn't like Nixon getting off, but it was for the good of the country.  I wasn't kidding when I said that I felt like Trump should have pardoned Hillary just to keep us all moving forward.  We're all gonna wish that somebody had pardoned Trump before it's all over with, too, IMO.

Also, the governor a state can't pardon a federal crime... those have to go through the President.

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

January 17, 2017. During his 4th to last day in office, Obama pardoned James Cartwright, who was awaiting sentencing for giving false statements to federal investigators, and Willie McCovey was pardoned for tax evasion.

Good to know.... what was Cartwright making false statements about?

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Good to know.... what was Cartwright making false statements about?

just found this:   On October 17, 2016, he pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI regarding an investigation into the source of leaked classified information; He had been scheduled to be sentenced on January 31, 2017, but was pardoned and had his security clearance restored by President Barack Obama on January 17, 2017.

58 minutes ago, stevenash said:

just found this:   On October 17, 2016, he pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI regarding an investigation into the source of leaked classified information; He had been scheduled to be sentenced on January 31, 2017, but was pardoned and had his security clearance restored by President Barack Obama on January 17, 2017.

All this is wrong I do not understand why a president is granted the power to pardon this is not checks and balance. The president d or r is not a king why even have a judicial branch.