How will Football Look?

BADSANTA

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I hope the COVID-19 numbers have spiked and we can get this thing down. These kids deserve a right to earn a scholarship but have to consider their saftey 1st. Again I could see a scenario where there isnt any football until late September.

You may be correct on that. Looks like that’s one of a few possibilities. 

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

I hope the COVID-19 numbers have spiked and we can get this thing down. These kids deserve a right to earn a scholarship but have to consider their saftey 1st. Again I could see a scenario where there isnt any football until late September.

they should do away with ALL athletic scholarships and only give scholarships for academics.  

Many of the more intellectuals are against Sports of any kind.   Could some kids playing football get Coronavirus?   Sure.  Could they get it anyway?   Sure.   And who’s the least likely to have adverse affects from it - a teenager in good physical condition.   

If I thought HS football would be more dangerous from a Covid aspect, I’d be against it, but I don’t see it.  But hey, I’m just another Yahoo with an opinion.  Kids are going to be around other kids.

31 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

they should do away with ALL athletic scholarships and only give scholarships for academics.  

Athletics bring in more review than professors. Why do that? Texas, Ohio St, Bama, and Clemson football bring in the money to that makes the school go. I would vote to pay kids $2500 a game. 

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Athletics bring in more review than professors. Why do that? Texas, Ohio St, Bama, and Clemson football bring in the money to that makes the school go. I would vote to pay kids $2500 a game. 

you can still have sports. just do give athletic scholarships.  you have athletes at colleges that can't pass a basket weaving 101

2 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

you can still have sports. just do give athletic scholarships.  you have athletes at colleges that can't pass a basket weaving 101

If you arent giving sports scholarships, they star kids wont come. They dont come, your team is trash. Team is trash no televised games. Zero sponsorships. There will never be a time that college doesnt pay for athletic talent. That's your revenue generation. 

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

If you arent giving sports scholarships, they star kids wont come. They dont come, your team is trash. Team is trash no televised games. Zero sponsorships. There will never be a time that college doesnt pay for athletic talent. That's your revenue generation. 

Yep! This ⬆️

11 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

and that is the root of the problem. 

The high school athletes playing is the most important thing. They must find a way to have a season, even if it is delayed.  Even if there are no fans allowed. No doubt I would be disappointed in not seeing high school football this year.  I have only missed 4 total PNG football games in 55 years.  I could survive not seeing the games, but the players need the opportunity to showcase their talents.  Praying God will overcome this virus, quickly!

5 minutes ago, Realville said:

Sitting here watching my 7th grade son at his first Football Conditioning Camp for the Junior High an they have them running wind sprints with their mask on!  WTH!

Is the school running that? 

Because football isn't supposed to start till August 3rd right? 

Guest ECBucFan
On 7/14/2020 at 6:43 PM, BADSANTA said:

These kids deserve a right to earn a scholarship but have to consider their saftey 1st.

They have a right. Excell in the classroom = scholarships.

Real life > HS football. (And that comes from a die hard HS Football fan)  

Guest ECBucFan
On 7/14/2020 at 11:43 PM, BADSANTA said:

They dont come, your team is trash. Team is trash no televised games. Zero sponsorships.  

That is exactly what is ruining HS Football.