CNN - Jesus Wasn’t Perfect

Hagar

16 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

If you weren't so stupid I would read your posts.

6 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

What makes you or this board or anyone here so important that I got to answer?   

Why ask me anything? Apparently I'm not very bright. 

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

"Jesus probably had to beg forgiveness of his parents."

The Pope said Jesus needed to beg forgiveness of his parents .  You only beg forgiveness if you have done something wrong.  Ergo the Pope is saying that Jesus sinned.  There are all sorts of quotes where he insinuates that Jesus is less than perfect.

Besides that, you twist and manipulate words.  That's the MO here.   Which is why I don't answer.   You just side around, feeling all pious & holy because you consider yourself conservative and above reproach.

So, doing anything wrong is a sin.   I come to a crossroads where I’m suppose to turn left, but I turned right.  I did a wrong, but I doubt it’s a sin, lol.   You’re taking everything out of context.  He’s a child.  He’d beg forgiveness for upsetting his parents, not for what he did.   Talk about “twist & manipulating words”.

I will give you a bit of advice.   If you like your denomination, and want more members, try talking to others with compassion, not from a position of “We’re right & everyone else is wrong”.   When you denigrate other denominations, you merely alienate most looking for a place of worship.  Anyone that has to put down others to make themselves feel self righteous, is very insecure.

13 hours ago, Hagar said:

So, doing anything wrong is a sin.   I come to a crossroads where I’m suppose to turn left, but I turned right.  I did a wrong, but I doubt it’s a sin, lol.   You’re taking everything out of context.  He’s a child.  He’d beg forgiveness for upsetting his parents, not for what he did.   Talk about “twist & manipulating words”.

I will give you a bit of advice.   If you like your denomination, and want more members, try talking to others with compassion, not from a position of “We’re right & everyone else is wrong”.   When you denigrate other denominations, you merely alienate most looking for a place of worship.  Anyone that has to put down others to make themselves feel self righteous, is very insecure.

I never mentioned deomonations butt head!  You did.

14 hours ago, NetCat said:

Are you against Baptists? 

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Out of the 10,000 or so organized religions, I was so fortunate to be born into the only one that got it right. 

Out of the 10,000 or so organized religions, I was so fortunate to be born into the only one that got it right. 

I mentioned that the current pope stated that Jesus sinned.  Which he did say that.   All that denomination crap came from Hagar or what ever his name is.   The pope promotes himself and an international leader.  Actually he is both a church leader and a political leader.  So what he says matters, whether it be ecclesaticl or secular.  Denomination ain't got nothing to do with it.  If he doesn't want people to comment on what he says then don't say it.

7 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I mentioned that the current pope stated that Jesus sinned.  Which he did say that.   All that denomination crap came from Hagar or what ever his name is.   The pope promotes himself and an international leader.  Actually he is both a church leader and a political leader.  So what he says matters, whether it be ecclesaticl or secular.  Denomination ain't got nothing to do with it.  If he doesn't want people to comment on what he says then don't say it.

I wasn’t being critical of you...

I believe what I believe, but I’m also humble enough to ask for forgiveness if it turns out I’ve got it all wrong  when it’s all said and done. 

It’s the basic foundation of our Christian belief. God’s son who never sinned was sacrificed on our behalf. If it’s believed that Jesus sinned, then his sacrifice is no different than any other martyr’s death and we’ve all got this plan of salvation wrong.  

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I never mentioned deomonations butt head!  You did.

The topic was about CNN saying Jesus wasn’t perfect.   You attacked The Pope and Catholicism, blaming them in defense of CNN.  Catholics are a denomination of Christianity, just like Baptist, Episcopals, Pentecostal, Methodist, and yes, Seventh Day Adventist (and many others).   

Crawl out of your bubble and look at it from others perspective.   Instead of criticizing CNN, you choose to criticize another Christian denomination in your defense of CNN.   Think about that.  About how that looks to other Christians.  Defending CNN by criticizing people, in their own way, trying to follow Christ’s teaching.   

I disagree. 

I believe what I know, but I remember an old Catholic lady that lived across from the Church on Procter. She was across the street every day saying prayers, etc.... I’m confident that she had it all messed up, but I just can’t believe that God will eternally punish that good and faithful servant of his. 

42 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I disagree. 

I believe what I know, but I remember an old Catholic lady that lived across from the Church on Procter. She was across the street every day saying prayers, etc.... I’m confident that she had it all messed up, but I just can’t believe that God will eternally punish that good and faithful servant of his. 

Don’t know the lady and I am not judging her.  

just remember God is a merciful God but also a just God. He does not contradict himself. 

4 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Don’t know the lady and I am not judging her.  

just remember God is a merciful God but also a just God. He does not contradict himself. 

That’s just how I feel. I can’t imagine God saying “oh, wow... you tried to be Christlike, you paid your tithes, repented of your sins, tried to help others and believed..... but I see here that you were baptized in the “name of Jesus” instead of “the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.” It’s off to the Fiery Lake with you!”

That’s just how I feel. I can’t imagine God saying “oh, wow... you tried to be Christlike, you paid your tithes, repented of your sins, tried to help others and believed..... but I see here that you were baptized in the “name of Jesus” instead of “the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.” It’s off to the Fiery Lake with you!”

What we imagine makes no difference.... are we following the gospel? Is our practices in accordance to the first church?

there will be good and sincere people in hell due to not following the gospel and false practices 

10 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

What we imagine makes no difference.... are we following the gospel? Is our practices in accordance to the first church?

there will be good and sincere people in hell due to not following the gospel and false practices 

Who do you think this of? Just curious. 

10 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Like I said.... you’d better hope that your church is the only one that got it right, then. Or you’re gonna be really, really disappointed.