CNN - Jesus Wasn’t Perfect

Hagar

For the  record God will judge whether individuals are saved by what they do with the light given them. So if someone is in a particular denomination, and they are living up to all they know, it will be favorable for them in the judgement.  If a person has been given much light but they are not living  up to what they know, that will be frowned upon.  Maybe they don't go.   So saints from all churches can and will have a chance to go to heaven.  

1 hour ago, NetCat said:

Who do you think this of? Just curious. 

There s more to being a Christian than just Being good and sincere.  A non believer can Be a good and sincere person....but according to God s word it takes more than being good and sincere other wise what would ve been the point in Jesus’s sacrifice.

It’s not who I think this of, but what God tells us about the gospel and who will or will not enter. 

I learned a long time ago that I had to take it upon myself to study my bible for myself.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Like I said.... you’d better hope that your church is the only one that got it right, then. Or you’re gonna be really, really disappointed. 

Well no one was perfect before Christ or after. We all fall short.

and yes there will be many disappointed

that why I said people better take it upon themselves to study God s word.

8 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

There s more to being a Christian than just Being good and sincere.  A non believer can Be a good and sincere person....but according to God s word it takes more than being good and sincere other wise what would ve been the point in Jesus’s sacrifice.

It’s not who I think this of, but what God tells us about the gospel and who will or will not enter. 

I learned a long time ago that I had to take it upon myself to study my bible for myself.  

I thought you meant a specific denomination or something. 

That's why I asked. 

38 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

So do you believe good and sincere people will join Christ in heaven if they don’t believe in him and the gospel?

Because its impossible to live without sin, one must accept that Christ died for our sins in order to proceed into the kingdom of heaven. I think that are still some people on earth that haven't heard the gospel, but still live in a righteous way. They should have the opportunity to accept christ as their savior at the gates. But I'm no biblical scholar, just another opinion.

Edit: I asked a preacher I work with. He said I was wrong. There is only one way, thru Christ.

10 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Because its impossible to live without sin, one must accept that Christ died for our sins in order to proceed into the kingdom of heaven. I think that are still some people on earth that haven't heard the gospel, but still live in a righteous way. They should have the opportunity to accept christ as their savior at the gates. But I'm no biblical scholar, just another opinion.

I guess if you were unfortunate enough to be born down in a jungle and never even heard His  name, you never even had a chance, and God’s plan wasn’t meant for you.

I wonder if God will at least apologize to them before banishing them to hell?

You won’t convince me that God sent his Son to die for just the ones of us who heard the right message, knowing that all those who never heard it would be lost anyways. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I guess if you were unfortunate enough to be born down in a jungle and never even heard His  name, you never even had a chance, and God’s plan wasn’t meant for you.

Did you see my edit? I even asked him about babies... they go straight to heaven.

He said all those people that never heard the word, enter an age of accountability. When the little voice inside your head tells you what's right and wrong. Depending on their actions, they can go to hell, but not enter heaven. For heaven is only for the believers. Which is why so many missionaries go around the world spreading the message.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I wonder if God will at least apologize to them before banishing them to hell?

You won’t convince me that God sent his Son to die for just the ones of us who heard the right message, knowing that all those who never heard it would be lost anyways. 

God takes care of that in Romans 1: 19-20

On 7/12/2020 at 5:29 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Edit: I asked a preacher I work with. He said I was wrong. There is only one way, thru Christ.

Reminds me of a discussion I had long ago.   Guy said you had to be baptized to go to heaven.   I ask him, what if a guys dying in the desert (no water around) and wants to accept Jesus as his Savior?   He said, Well he should’ve gotten baptized when he was around water.   Big eye roll from me.  There endeth the discussion.