UIL will allow each school district to decide if students can play sports if they choose to do virtual learning

WOSgrad

9 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

some people don't want these teachers pushing their liberal agenda on their kids but still want them to play sports.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Most teachers barely have the time to teach the test much less have an agenda.

Most teachers (high school) I ever met (or had) were pretty conservative also.

Now those college professors on the other hand...

Boy I tell ya, being away for  4 months at a time and coming home and just have time to get a hair cut and kiss the grandbaby is really getting old. But as I was repackaging lastnight getting rid of all my winter clothes out my bags before my flight this morning my daughter came up and said I'm glad you were home even if it was just for a few days. I said don't worry once I'm done with school I'll have a job alot closer. She said I know then she said I know its tearing you up inside about what's going on with high school football and college and nfl. I well babygirl I look at this way at least I may not have too worry about the raiders stinking up the new stadium!! Because we still hot trash on a Texas summer day and she busted out laughing but I didn't think it was to funny. And I look if you wanna cheer and go to school I'm leaving that totally up to you and your mom I know she a teacher and she feeling some type of way about going back. she said daddy what do you want us to because you the one thats in the environmental business so its your call. I well it's my job not to look out for just you the family safety, its my to look out for everyone the best I can. But it's still up to u guys I'm not going to get in the way and I'll will support the decision yall make. But I answer her question I said if it was me I would go to school and play if football if they let's and if not I would just go to school but like I said that's what I would do so dont base your decision on mine. She well I'm on the fence about it but thank you for the support Ethier way. With all that being said as we flew over all the schools and empty stadiums its really getting hard to believe that it might look like this for the fall I broke down for a few.

50 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Boy I tell ya

Great conversation, thanks for sharing. I can't imagine leaving my family for that long, especially during all this. Much respect for you, and everyone else that has difficult decisions to make. Faith, family, football... in that order. Anything more than the first two is just icing on the cake.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Great conversation, thanks for sharing. I can't imagine leaving my family for that long, especially during all this. Much respect for you, and everyone else that has difficult decisions to make. Faith, family, football... in that order. Anything more than the first two is just icing on the cake.

I've been on the road since 98 my friend but I always the old man on kogt on Friday nights to keep me sane. Really hope to hear his voice at some point this year.

Guest ECBucFan

If it REALLY is too dangerous to go to shcool, then shut down the Friday Night Lights. If its OK for sweat drenched players to tackle each other, and breath heavy on each other, they need to get their butts back in the classroom, too.  

5 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

This is the first of the dominoes to start falling... 

I hate to sound like a broken record but I been preaching this from the beginning. It would be one thing if we were improving day by day but its the exact opposite. I'm sorry but from a safety stand point this is the right move. But we did this to ourselves by not following the rules. Just  because the governor open things up didn't mean go crazy and stop following the safety guidelines but unfortunately most did not just in Texas everywhere and our kids are paying for it. I don't know any other way to put it. 

30 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

I hate to sound like a broken record but I been preaching this from the beginning. It would be one thing if we were improving day by day but its the exact opposite. I'm sorry but from a safety stand point this is the right move. But we did this to ourselves by not following the rules. Just  because the governor open things up didn't mean go crazy and stop following the safety guidelines but unfortunately most did not just in Texas everywhere and our kids are paying for it. I don't know any other way to put it. 

No, we did this to ourselves by letting everyone fool us into thinking there was a reason to shutdown in the first place. You are right. Our kids are paying for it. They’re being led like cattle right behind their mamas and daddies. 

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

No, we did this to ourselves by letting everyone fool us into thinking there was a reason to shutdown in the first place. You are right. Our kids are paying for it. They’re being led like cattle right behind their mamas and daddies. 

And I'm hearing that you guys might having another mandatory stay at home by Friday? I'm in Tallahassee so I'm just found about it have u heard anything.

Just now, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

And I'm hearing that you guys might having another mandatory stay at home by Friday? I'm in Tallahassee so I'm just found about it have u heard anything.

Haven’t heard anything yet. I’m out of the country. Been trying to keep up with local news.