UIL will allow each school district to decide if students can play sports if they choose to do virtual learning

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Tyerman said:

Districts can still be more strict than this. Nothing really has changed. Districts can still create a policy that students have to attend in person classes in order to be in extra-curricular activities. I’ve already seen a few districts post their stance on both sides. Some will allow it and some won’t. 

You still can't transfer schools and immediately be eligible to play football can you? Now if the season is pushed back, that may be a game changer.

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

You still can't transfer schools and immediately be eligible to play football can you? Now if the season is pushed back, that may be a game changer.

No, the UIL has stressed that ALL regulations to be an eligible player (residency, no move for athletic purposes, 15 day rule) are all still in effect.

4 hours ago, LTFALCON said:

As much as I hate it, I am in agreement with you. I just dont see any way HS football takes place this fall. I dont even see NFL and COLLEGE football making a full season. 

I said this at the beginning but no body wanted to listen to me back then. But I guess its I can show you better than I can tell you in this day an age.  See it's not about starting, it's about sustainability and people are starting to figure out what's the use starting if we were pretty sure if were not even going to get close to finishing. People are going to be upset Ethier way but you cant think about this as a individual and what's in for me attitude because at the end of the day we gotta what's right as a whole. I don't think these kids should be know where near a school right now and when it gets worse when they allow it. well yall know the rest god bless.

2 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

I said this at the beginning but no body wanted to listen to me back then. But I guess its I can show you better than I can tell you in this day an age.  See it's not about starting, it's about sustainability and people are starting to figure out what's the use starting if we were pretty sure if were not even going to get close to finishing. People are going to be upset Ethier way but you cant think about this as a individual and what's in for me attitude because at the end of the day we gotta what's right as a whole. I don't think these kids should be know where near a school right now and when it gets worse when they allow it. well yall know the rest god bless.

Hey, I understand your concern. I’m concerned too. Idk if you have a school aged child. I do. The most awesome, handsome, funny, athletic, perfectly imperfect boy you’ll ever meet. I genuinely feel he would be better served both physically and mentally by going back to the classroom. I respect your views, but many are saying the ostrich approach is not a smart approach. I agree. Good luck to all. Good health and prayers. 

11 hours ago, KB24 said:

The entire state has to be on the same page. Some schools have already stated students will be able to virtually learn at home and still participate in sports and other activities.  Classrooms are not big enough to social distance a class of 25 or more students. Especially the schools with 1500+students. Just can’t be done. If a kids school says they have to be in class learning and the neighboring district says they don’t. Then the door does open for transfers. Which can be approved d/t COVID. So the majority will probably allow it. Until school actually starts they don’t even know how many students will be able to return. This pandemic has affected these students in more ways than one. I personally don’t think it will be a football season and if it is. It won’t be the same. They may only play district. Not much excitement there. IMO. 

Yea, they may only play district games, but most districts have 8 teams.  That’s still 7 games plus playoffs.  I know a lot of schools use pre-district as glorified scrimmages and don’t concern themselves of winning or losing. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

2nd wave? Hell i thought we were still in the first wave since ppl don't wanna listen & take precautions. 

Poor wording (somewhat)

I really meant to say are other countries locking down society again?

did other countries open up (lift restrictions)like USA did and then put restrictions back in place?

well more people are being tested and therefore more positive results.  But am I mistaken deaths have not changed/went down?

Based on my limited mathematical skills, only a little over 1% have been identified with, or have had, the Virus - 3,300,000.  Then there are some estimates that asymptomatic cases are another 40%, so round it up to 5 Million, and there’s 300 Million of us.   Essentially, barring a vaccine, or for whatever unknown reason, many of us have a natural immunity, this thing will have us in it’s grips for at least another two years, minimum, until..........

I’m not saying yea or nay, but we need to understand, this is not like hurricane season.   There’s no telling when we’ll be back to “normal”.  It’s depressing, I’ll tell you that.  Btw, anyone see’s where I’m wrong, please let me know.

I can't seem to understand how a student decides to stay home to be taught virtual because of safety issues with covid but is okay will playing contact sports? Or how an ISD or UIL see's a difference in staying home for schooling but at school for athletics. Makes zero sense to me.

Either you go to school or you don't, including athletics.

23 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I can't seem to understand how a student decides to stay home to be taught virtual because of safety issues with covid but is okay will playing contact sports? Or how an ISD or UIL see's a difference in staying home for schooling but at school for athletics. Makes zero sense to me.

Pretty common sense

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I kinda agree, I'm sure Coaches would rather know who and what kids are around and doing during the day? Also players will be required to attend athletic period, as that is part of their practice time, so they might as well attend school. I think players will attend school, as with most kids, their best meals of the day are at school.

But as much as I would love for these kids to get going, I can see it now, first kid with an underlying heart or lung condition dies of this virus, player or not, UIL will drop the hammer on the whole thing. 

The political fallout will be Beto elected Gov, and I'm on the first flight to Mars. lol

2 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

I kinda agree, I'm sure Coaches would rather know who and what kids are around and doing during the day? Also players will be required to attend athletic period, as that is part of their practice time, so they might as well attend school. I think players will attend school, as with most kids, their best meals of the day are at school.

But as much as I would love for these kids to get going, I can see it now, first kid with an underlying heart or lung condition dies of this virus, player or not, UIL will drop the hammer on the whole thing. 

The political fallout will be Beto elected Gov, and I'm on the first flight to Mars. lol

I feel for those seniors that haven’t received looks/offers that have the capability to play at the next level and showcase their talent.

And I ll be moving to Wyoming.  Have been scoping it out since early 2000s

Texas is slowly turning.

14 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Hey, I understand your concern. I’m concerned too. Idk if you have a school aged child. I do. The most awesome, handsome, funny, athletic, perfectly imperfect boy you’ll ever meet. I genuinely feel he would be better served both physically and mentally by going back to the classroom. I respect your views, but many are saying the ostrich approach is not a smart approach. I agree. Good luck to all. Good health and prayers. 

Yea and some say confidence is a fool substitute for intelligence. But to each is own. I have one left at the all time winningest program In the state of Texas school but I told her already she won't be doing any splitz this year and trying to get a refund from the cheer coach. 

1 hour ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Yea and some say confidence is a fool substitute for intelligence. But to each is own. I have one left at the all time winningest program In the state of Texas school but I told her already she won't be doing any splitz this year and trying to get a refund from the cheer coach. 

Has nothing to do with sports. Or being a fool. Look at the stats. Your baby girl gonna be fine. To each his own is right. Luckily my son won’t ever have to think his dad was a trembling coward. 

40 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

I guess the ivy league jump started the process. Big ten is going conference only, Sooner or later everyone will do this. As far high school I'm good with starting with district games if that's the way we going, anybody feels this way?

PAC too. It's better than nothing. I'll be there if fans are allowed. But it's all about the kids. Don't let @SmashMouth get you gassed up. We all got our own opinions. It's something that they can't take from us. Like you said, to each his own. Stay positive my friend.

19 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

PAC too. It's better than nothing. I'll be there if fans are allowed. But it's all about the kids. Don't let @SmashMouth get you gassed up. We all got our own opinions. It's something that they can't take from us. Like you said, to each his own. Stay positive my friend.

I wasn’t gassing him up. He stated my confidence was a fool substitute for intelligence. Meaning I’m stupid... I may be stupid, but it was probably a poor choice of words unless he wants to get some back. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I wasn’t gassing him up. He stated my confidence was a fool substitute for intelligence. Meaning I’m stupid... I may be stupid, but it was probably a poor choice of words unless he wants to get some back. 

Sorry, didnt see that part. 

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." Bruce Lee

^ not directed to either of you. Just saying...