Should Port Neches Change Their Mascot

BADSANTA

9 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

First off, as a black person, you have no clue what the terms mean to Indians or "Native Americans" or "Indigenous people."

Secondly, you have no idea what that flag means to white southern Americans, so you need to just shut up.  My rights don't end where your opinion comes in.

Just sit over there and keep dropping n-bombs on all of your boys and then get all butthurt if a whiteboy says it.  The word doesn't bother you, white people do. 

They're won't be any hypocrites in Heaven, either.  So you need to make some changes, Santa. 

I'm sorry sir but you may have me mistaken with some show you are watching. Yes, I'm an African American who has 2 degrees, been a District Manager in Oil & Gas for 8 years before that DM with Enterprise Rent A Car for for 10 years. I'm married to a beautiful black woman who has a degree (academic scholarship from Texas A&M no loan paybacks). She has been a principal in Cy Fair for 11 years! I dont recall the N word being used in my home or me calling one of my fellow African Americans the N-word at all. See sir you are a stereotype. You live in a bubble called Bridge City which is less than 2% minority. I'm sure there are more people of color on my street than in the entire town you live in. Im far from ignorant and far from what you would call a (typical negro). I'm sure all you have been exposed to is what you have lived in that small town. Your ways of thinking have never changed. I have been in several conversations in my travels to Arizona and have meet many Native American. I have not met one who has said the term "Indian" isnt offensive. Its similar to call me the N-Word. I would challange you to read more or have a diverse group of friends outside of the ones you sit with in the losing section of Bridge City. Matter of fact Bridge City is one of the most racist towns in Texas. Didnt you guys just post some racist post about some WOS kids? Tell me Cardinalbacker, what time is the rally tonight? A town that is 95% white has no comments on what another should feel. 

1 hour ago, png9mon said:

Oh cool, a multiple level question: 

1) First, to clarify, The Stars & Bars, which is the original Confederate Flag is not the Battle Flag of Northern Virginia, which is the flag we associate with the Confederacy now. (Please read your history carefully.)  I do not believe we need to honor the flag that is accepted as the Confederate Flag, now.  

2) I see no "tribes" suffering from the traditions of PNG.  If the mascot name offends, I welcome visitors from every tribal nation to come & study & observe how we keep our traditions.

3) I have no control, currently as to how, or why people are promoted.  i am aware of selective preference in the past, & I am sure it still occurs.  I appreciate the work efforts of anyone who places their job performance as a priority.

4) Once again, please check your history, African American people, (or as you call them "black") already have the vote & may exercise that right within the law.

5) Equal pay will always depend on performance, not whether, or not you are a man, or woman.  Once again injustice occurs, however, I assure you I am one of only 3 men in an office with 10 other women.  These ladies are professional, hard working & well-paid for their performance.

6) Yes, I do agree with the term Scalp 'em.  it was the last act of the Plains area Native Americans over their enemies (Be that enemy native, hispanic, or white.)  It symbolizes the PNG victory over our nemesis, or opponent in the terms of our Spirit & Tradition.

7) I in no way consider the term "Indian" racist unless it is being used to degrade a culture.  At PNG we honor that culture & are proud to do so!

😎 According to my DNA profile, I am 40% German, 23% French, 17% polish, 10% East African & 10% Black Foot Lakota  (Native American)

Please feel free to ask more questions, if you are confused.  Thank you for the survey.  I am going home from work now.

Good Day!

Ma'am in layman's terms your white. The glad is racist, the term "Indian" is racist, Port Neches, Vidor, and Bridge City are some of the most racist towns in the United States. If your town still has less than 2% African American and people of color fear to live there due to your past, there isnt much change from 1862-2020. 

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Ma'am in layman's terms your white. The glad is racist, the term "Indian" is racist, Port Neches, Vidor, and Bridge City are some of the most racist towns in the United States. If your town still has less than 2% African American and people of color fear to live there due to your past, there isnt much change from 1862-2020. 

Wow. And to think I used to have respect for you bad Santa.

Just now, Mytwocents3788 said:

Please name 1 flipping thing that Vidor, as a town, has done that is racist? Don’t worry I’ll wait.

Let see the history of racism is as strong as the smell of the paper mill in Evadale. 

Whites only After Dark sign that hung in the town until the late 90s. 

Cross burning on the field after the Central football game 

The KKK Meetings held monthly 

-

2 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Is Indian offensive?

Their national advocacy group in American government is the Bureau off Indian Affairs. 
www.bia.gov

Their main rights organization is the National Congress of American Indians. 
www.ncai.org

NAACP - but don’t say colored people

N word. Snoop can say it but you can’t. 
I think it follows the same line from what I’ve read. 

5 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

NAACP - but don’t say colored people

N word. Snoop can say it but you can’t. 
I think it follows the same line from what I’ve read. 

I don't think I ever said I agree when Snoop says it. White people cant say it anywhere. The word is hateful and derogatory. Here are some movies I ask you to watch sir. If you watch these movies and give me feedback on them, I will paypal you money for season tickets for your school. These are on Netflix: 

-I'm Not Your Negro 

-When They See Us 

-13th 

-12 Years a Slave 

-The Butler 

-Self Made 

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

Not sure. Ask yourself since you gave us both the racial slur. 

Just poking fun at the fact the we ALL have a little learning to do. Meant no offense. If I’m being honest, cuz I’m white, I didn’t no the reference “Indian” was a racial slur til recently. I didn’t know I could sing the N word with Eazy E and NWA til one of my black friends told me it wasn’t my word to say even if I wasn’t calling somebody one. It’s tough going through life as an ignorant white guy who genuinely just doesn’t know any better. 

Just now, SmashMouth said:

Just poking fun at the fact the we ALL have a little learning to do. Meant no offense. If I’m being honest, cuz I’m white, I didn’t no the reference “Indian” was a racial slur til recently. I didn’t know I could sing the N word with Eazy E and NWA til one of my black friends told me it wasn’t my word to say even if I wasn’t calling somebody one. It’s tough going through life as an ignorant white guy who genuinely just doesn’t know any better. 

Sir your only ignorant until you have seen and shown better. After that, it's in you! 

Just now, BADSANTA said:

I don't think I ever said I agree when Snoop says it. White people cant say it anywhere. The word is hateful and derogatory. Here are some movies I ask you to watch sir. If you watch these movies and give me feedback on them, I will paypal you money for season tickets for your school. These are on Netflix: 

-I'm Not Your Negro 

-When They See Us 

-13th 

-12 Years a Slave 

-The Butler 

-Self Made 

I was responding to TVC about the I-word. I’ve seen a few on that list. 

56 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Is Indian offensive?

Their national advocacy group in American government is the Bureau off Indian Affairs. 
www.bia.gov

Their main rights organization is the National Congress of American Indians. 
www.ncai.org

It’s only offensive to people looking for racism and victim hood. Guess what you call people from India? You got it Indian! Or should I say Asian Indians not to get them confused with American Indians. 

17 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

This is ridiculous....people gotta stop giving in to this ludicrous liberal agenda.

too many are being infected With this indoctrination.

hey Nederland you better change your name.  Bulldogs have rights too and are probably offended.  Where’s peta at?

Agree 💯%. The hypocrisy of liberals is laughable! Did you know that liberals can even read into men and women’s hearts and minds! Even a whole town!😂

12 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I get that. Who named them that? And why Indians?

The word Indian came to be used because Christopher Columbus repeatedly expressed the mistaken belief that he had reached the shores of South Asia. Convinced he was correct, Columbus fostered the use of the term Indios (originally, “person from the Indus valley”) to refer to the peoples of the so-called New World.

Just now, Realville said:

The word Indian came to be used because Christopher Columbus repeatedly expressed the mistaken belief that he had reached the shores of South Asia. Convinced he was correct, Columbus fostered the use of the term Indios (originally, “person from the Indus valley”) to refer to the peoples of the so-called New World.

Exactly. Why don’t the Indians get to name themselves?