Should Port Neches Change Their Mascot

BADSANTA

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Looks as though the Cherokee Nation no longer supports PN-G.

This is the hidden content, please

I would say oh well.

they ve been the Indians since I think 1925.....  so why now all of the sudden?

these so called “woke” people.... stand your ground png and this will go away and that goes for many of the issues going on right now...

1 minute ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I would say oh well.

they ve been the Indians since I think 1925.....  so why now all of the sudden?

these so called “woke” people.... stand your ground png and this will go away and that goes for many of the issues going on right now...

Yep.... it will go away November 4th! 😂😂

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I'm sorry sir but you may have me mistaken with some show you are watching. Yes, I'm an African American who has 2 degrees, been a District Manager in Oil & Gas for 8 years before that DM with Enterprise Rent A Car for for 10 years. I'm married to a beautiful black woman who has a degree (academic scholarship from Texas A&M no loan paybacks). She has been a principal in Cy Fair for 11 years! I dont recall the N word being used in my home or me calling one of my fellow African Americans the N-word at all. See sir you are a stereotype. You live in a bubble called Bridge City which is less than 2% minority. I'm sure there are more people of color on my street than in the entire town you live in. Im far from ignorant and far from what you would call a (typical negro). I'm sure all you have been exposed to is what you have lived in that small town. Your ways of thinking have never changed. I have been in several conversations in my travels to Arizona and have meet many Native American. I have not met one who has said the term "Indian" isnt offensive. Its similar to call me the N-Word. I would challange you to read more or have a diverse group of friends outside of the ones you sit with in the losing section of Bridge City. Matter of fact Bridge City is one of the most racist towns in Texas. Didnt you guys just post some racist post about some WOS kids? Tell me Cardinalbacker, what time is the rally tonight? A town that is 95% white has no comments on what another should feel. 

You’re a clown. 

As everybody here knows, I was born in raised in Port Arthur and I raised my kids in BC because it’s a great place for your kids to get an education. I don’t even live there anymore, and haven’t for years. Nice job on the assumptions, Genius. 

You’re right... we weren’t very diverse in Bridge City.... but if you (and all of your obvious intelligence) can point me towards a community that is 95% black that can compare to BC in regards to quality of life, academic success, property values, crime rates, etc.... I’ll move there myself. The mosquitos were bad in BC, and it’s not very scenic.

And your illustration of the twitter posting just proves my point. The black community pretending to be upset by a word they all use every day. Trust me. You use that word to describe your own who haven’t applied themselves like you have. We all know it, lol.  

I’m a WO-S guy so this  probably will be my only post on this thread as I don’t have a dog in this fight, but this is complete nonsense. I’ve seen many WOS-PNG games going back to the early 80s and I’ve seen PNG play in other games as well and nothing they do dishonors, discredits or demeans the American Indian. Political correctness will be the death of us all eventually. Why don’t we all just forget about mascots, traditions and team logos. I know some of you will disagree with me and say I’m ignorant or racist or whatever, well let me say I’m none of the above. Like I said this isn’t my fight but this is stupidity at its highest level. I’m calling it as it is and It is what it is. I hope PNG family stands firm. They have my support. I’m done, over and out. 

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

We did come back and win that game in the 2nd half. It was a good game

Games are won and lost each year.  Most forgettable.  But folks will remember the night the teddy bear form-tackled the feather wearing kid and the PNG fans losing their sh__ over it.  

The Cherokee Nation has nothing to withdraw except an opinion. About 41 years ago a Cherokee chief said that he supported what PNG was doing and now another comes along as says that he doesn’t.

PNG did not request nor need the CN’s consent to name their team the Indians in the 1920s. They are the PNG Indians, not the PNG Cherokees  

Whether they remain the Indians is up to them. The CN has the right to voice their opinion and have done so.   

40 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

The Cherokee Nation has nothing to withdraw except an opinion. About 41 years ago a Cherokee chief said that he supported what PNG was doing and now another comes along as says that he doesn’t.

PNG did not request nor need the CN’s consent to name their team the Indians in the 1920s. They are the PNG Indians, not the PNG Cherokees  

Whether they remain the Indians is up to them. The CN has the right to voice their opinion and have done so.   

I’m a fan of PNG football and I think their school tradition is cool but it would be horrible for them to take on the attitude you exhibited with this post. You can’t use a group of people’s culture as you see fit then be completely indifferent when they have an opinion about it. That’s disrespectful. They should at least consider changing something or doing something to appease the people of whom’s culture they are using or else that may be why they feel they are bein mocked. The fact that you said they never requested or needed their consent in the first place comes off really disrespectful and if that’s the vibe they’ve gotten from the school I understand the actions they are taking now 

6 hours ago, tvc184 said:

It must be the Cherokee Nation’s liberal brain washed kids causing all this nonsense. “If fascism ever comes to America , It will come in the name of liberalism “ - Ronald Reagan 

Stand your ground PNG

21 minutes ago, Realville said:

It must be the Cherokee Nation’s liberal brain washed kids causing all this nonsense. “If fascism ever comes to America , It will come in the name of liberalism “ - Ronald Reagan 

Stand your ground PNG

I don’t totally disagree, but at the same time I have to laugh. I was “sparring” back and forth with @png9mon about the topic to show that racial insensitivity is not really a big deal unless it’s a black vs white thing. While I didn’t disagree with @png9mon totally, I kept giving him the beans to see his reaction AND to see how others reacted. By and large, he reacted defensively never conceding his wrongs and few others commented one way or the other to him, as I suspected. Also, and I have spoken very highly of PN-G’s program and fan support, I bet there are kids, parents, teachers, faculty over there who are ready to paint BLM on the sidewalks and probably have a moment of silence for George Floyd at half time but won’t budge on the Indian issue. We shall see. 

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I don’t totally disagree, but at the same time I have to laugh. I was “sparring” back and forth with @png9mon about the topic to show that racial insensitivity is not really a big deal unless it’s a black vs white thing. While I didn’t disagree with @png9mon totally, I kept giving him the beans to see his reaction AND to see how others reacted. By and large, he reacted defensively never conceding his wrongs and few others commented one way or the other to him, as I suspected. Also, and I have spoken very highly of PN-G’s program and fan support, I bet there are kids, parents, teachers, faculty over there who are ready to paint BLM on the sidewalks and probably have a moment of silence for George Floyd at half time but won’t budge on the Indian issue. We shall see. 

I always thought it was png@mom.  I was like “when did she start using he/him pronouns?”

16 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

It wasn’t an attack. It’s a fact. By your own admission even. You just don’t see your racist tendencies. 

Quitters never win. Winners never quit. I win! 😎
Sorry you got your feelings hurt. Wasn’t personal ...

This thread will stay civil or it will be locked.  Anyone continuing to personally attack other posters will face consequences.