Would a player that only wants white teamates be tolerated?

Guest ECBucFan

5 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Race has been an issue forever. White America get uncomfortable when you mention it or try to point out how people of color are mistreated even in 2020. Man it will take everyone working together to make the world a better place. 

Racism has been an issue pretty much forever. It’s not just black and white, either. It’s just so much more convincing when it’s played with a Southern accent. 
The other side of your argument is this. Black America get uncomfortable when you mention that maybe things aren’t as bad in 2020 as people of color have been taught to believe. But you’re right... we’re all going to have to concede some or this thing is never gonna work out for everybody... but you do realize that you’ve got to come away from your beliefs, too.... right?

You mentioned your education, your background, and your financial success. You also mentioned your wife’s success. I don’t know you, but I can tell that you’re an intelligent dude. You haven’t mentioned kids that I recall, but if you do, I’m confident that they are good kids.

It sounds to me like you see yourself as a success, in spite of a biased system that holds your community down. I see you as a guy that’s made good decisions and is reaping the benefits of those decisions....Proving that racism isn’t an insurmountable obstacle here in the US&A. A guy that proves everyday that HE is the reason for his own success. An good example for young people who need some positive influences. 

Seriously, tho... is that ODB In your profile pic?

51 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

1. Race has been an issue forever. 2. White America get uncomfortable when you mention it or try to point out how people of color are mistreated even in 2020. 3. Man it will take everyone working together to make the world a better place. 

1. Probably always will be

2. It makes me zero uncomfortable - that is an unfair stereotype 

3. You said it. Most important thing in this entire thread

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Jesus was black 

Regardless of the color of Jesus’s skin he taught Forgiveness. I find the color of his skin irrelevant.
Matthew Chapter 18 

Verse 21 - Then Peter came to him, and said, Lord, how oft Shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Verse 22 - Jesus said unto him, I say not unto thee,  Until seven times: But, seventy times seven.

Keep on beating that dead black horse. Good grief are going to start complaining about the black olives being oppressed in a metal can instead of getting to be in a see through jar like the green olives! I am beginning to think you don’t even like yourself. Hope you find Utopia one day.

57 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Jesus was black 

I don’t know what Jesus looked like, nor anyone else. If I had to guess, he looked more like a Galilean Jew...a middle easterner, but the Bible only says his appearance was non distinct. Instead, it’s probably a good idea to concentrate on His spiritual teachings instead of His appearance; otherwise, they probably would have been more descriptive in the Bible.

14 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I don’t know what Jesus looked like, nor anyone else. If I had to guess, he looked more like a Galilean Jew...a middle easterner, but the Bible only says his appearance was non distinct. Instead, it’s probably a good idea to concentrate on His spiritual teachings instead of His appearance; otherwise, they probably would have been more descriptive in the Bible.

Revelations 1:14-15 is the only physical description I’m aware of but your right. His flesh wasn’t important. It’s the spirit of The Most High that was within him that makes him the Son oh God. 

12 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Good point , kind of ironic while we are dealing with race issues ,I don't think it matters what color Jesus is as long as we make it to heaven. We can not let these things be our demise.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I think you said it right there.

That's why most experts agree he looked middle eastern. He looked like an average Jewish man of that time. 

I mean, the Romans had to get an informer to point him out in the group of disciples. They looked so similar that the Romans couldn't tell them apart. 

Just now, PAMFAM10 said:

The Bible clear as day described them as so I’m not saying African American black but clearly black darker hue bronze feet. As out a furnace whooly hair. 

To be clear, I don't think it matters, Jesus is still my Lord and Savior.

But I want to know why this is thought.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:10 AM, CardinalBacker said:

Racism has been an issue pretty much forever. It’s not just black and white, either. It’s just so much more convincing when it’s played with a Southern accent. 
The other side of your argument is this. Black America get uncomfortable when you mention that maybe things aren’t as bad in 2020 as people of color have been taught to believe. But you’re right... we’re all going to have to concede some or this thing is never gonna work out for everybody... but you do realize that you’ve got to come away from your beliefs, too.... right?

You mentioned your education, your background, and your financial success. You also mentioned your wife’s success. I don’t know you, but I can tell that you’re an intelligent dude. You haven’t mentioned kids that I recall, but if you do, I’m confident that they are good kids.

It sounds to me like you see yourself as a success, in spite of a biased system that holds your community down. I see you as a guy that’s made good decisions and is reaping the benefits of those decisions....Proving that racism isn’t an insurmountable obstacle here in the US&A. A guy that proves everyday that HE is the reason for his own success. An good example for young people who need some positive influences. 

Has been the profile pic for 10 years. You just noticed?

On 7/10/2020 at 9:10 AM, CardinalBacker said:

I come from not a family full of great athletes but of educators and people who worked hard for everything they have. My siblings and I were raised to do your job and out work the next person to get ahead. I do have a few family members who were great athletes and a NFLer in our family but that's far few in between. My mother cleaned homes with her mom as a child and graduated from Waldo Frazier Mathews in Silsbee not Silsbee High. We have a long way to go before everyone can be viewed equal. Always put yourself in a situation and ask, if the shoe was on the other foot, how would this look. Is it the color of the skin or is it their character? Ignorance has no color. 

4 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Moses was black they all where black the Bible describes them as black Jesus too. Some just refuse to accept it.

To keep me from my ignorance, quote the book(s) verse(s) where it describes them as black. I’m not saying it doesn’t, I just can’t find it anywhere. 

6 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Has been the profile pic for 10 years. You just noticed?

No... I’ve noticed it for years. I’ve just never asked. 

Curious, though... why would you idolize a pimp who openly defrauded the welfare system by pulling up in a limo to get his food stamps? Among many, many other things that would show a pretty complete lack of good character.

Doesn’t seem like something a guy with your background would typically support. 

7 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Revelation 1:14-15

That's not what that means...not that it matters what color His skin was, but Revelation is much deeper than earthly appearance.

Revelation 1:16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

I guess He also literally had a sword for a tongue and His face was yellow light.

Like I said, it doesn't matter, but you can't draw conclusions based on these verses  It it was important, it would have been made crystal clear.

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

That's not what that means...not that it matters what color His skin was, but Revelation is much deeper than earthly appearance.

Revelation 1:16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

I guess He also literally had a sword for a tongue and His face was yellow light.

Like I said, it doesn't matter, but you can't draw conclusions based on these verses  It it was important, it would have been made crystal clear.

It doesn’t matter what color Jesus was But that description was a dead on description. Honest question do you study your bible. Do you know when it’s metaphors or not? . The region the time frame the location. Jesus was black. What  kind of black is in question. He clearly isn’t white.