Black National Anthem?

baddog

How racist can it be? What a slap in the face to all other races. I have had my fill. The NFL can take a flying leap. Be sure to click the West video.

NFL will play black national anthem prior to Week 1 games, report says

This is the hidden content, please

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at

This is the hidden content, please

Also it's only going to be played before the first game. Before "Star Spangled Banner" not replacing it. What's it really gonna hurt? Or is it going to make anything better? Will there even be a 1st game this season? This could be a non issue this fall. More division now is good for election purposes though.

Said it in another post I was really looking forward to watching the NFL this year.  It was going to be my first year back since the bench QB started kneeling.  I am still planning on giving them a shot the 1st game, but if half of what I’m reading is true - they’ve lost me for the rest of my life.  The media does a great job of dividing the country and keeping racial tension high.  

5 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Kap took a knee to protest what he believes in. Rather you agree or disagree it was a peaceful protest that harmed no one. If we just had let kap be. Nobody will still be talking about kap 3 years later. This most likely would be a dead issue but we didn’t now this is our new reality.

No one mentioned kaperjack. What about the black anthem? 

10 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Kap took a knee to protest what he believes in. Rather you agree or disagree it was a peaceful protest that harmed no one. If we just had let kap be. Nobody will still be talking about kap 3 years later. This most likely would be a dead issue but we didn’t now this is our new reality.

I tend to agree with you.  I have no problem with him having strong beliefs.  I have no problem with him expressing his beliefs wherever he wanted to - except at work.  The NFL should be a reprieve from life’s stress, politics and daily grind.  The previous sentence is what ruined ESPN.  My job strictly prohibits us from protesting, striking and espousing political views while on duty.  Having people with differing views, backgrounds and cultures is what makes OUR country great.  

1 minute ago, baddog said:

No one mentioned kaperjack. What about the black anthem? 

That’s where all this stems from . Before kap what athlete was demanding change on race relations. The NFL took a hard Stand and said no to kap. Now they will foolishly break they back to change the narrative. That’s why they will play black national anthem. PR.(look Nike bud light any other big company... no need to start pulling away money Wes gon play the black anthem.

15 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

No disrespect, but “harmed no one” is not true. Ask soldiers who lost limbs or eyes. Ask kids whose moms and dads never came home. Ask Parents who never get to see theirs sons or daughters again. If kneeling is harmless, then so are statues and flags and names of federal buildings or military bases. Harm isn’t just physical as I’m sure you will agree. It’s also perception and intent. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

No disrespect, but “harmed no one” is not true. Ask soldiers who lost limbs or eyes. Ask kids whose moms and dads never came home. Ask Parents who never get to see theirs sons or daughters again. If kneeling is harmless, then so are statues and flags and names of federal buildings or military bases. Harm isn’t just physical as I’m sure you will agree. It’s also perception and intent. 

Yes but kap has said many of times it was never about the flag and he got the idea to take a knee from a soldier. I honestly think the fans and politicians made the issue way bigger than it was. A peaceful protest.

3 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

That’s where all this stems from . Before kap what athlete was demanding change on race relations. The NFL took a hard Stand and said no to kap. Now they will foolishly break they back to change the narrative. That’s why they will play black national anthem. PR.(look Nike bud light any other big company... no need to start pulling away money Wes gon play the black anthem.

“Wes gon play”....... ain’t that cute. 

You have no room to call anyone a racist again  

My thing is, in the NFL they HAVE to talk to the media after every game. Kap or anyone else in the league could have talked about whatever they wanted during that time and brought their issues into the public eye...all without disrespecting the flag or our nation. That's my problem with the whole thing, back your cause, but don't disrespect America.

6 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Yes but kap has said many of times it was never about the flag and he got the idea to take a knee from a soldier. I honestly think the fans and politicians made the issue way bigger than it was. A peaceful protest.

So, if someone says the Rebel flag just looks cool to them and it doesn’t mean anything racial, is that ok? I think I know your answer. Just cuz Kap says it, doesn’t it make it any less disrespectful. While I may not agree with his message, I respect his right to peacefully protest. I would much rather he did it in a much less volatile and ill perceived way. March, give speeches, grow a bigger fro, move to Canada, write a song...just don’t cause the perception of disrespect to our armed forces, our good cops and Americans in general. I think he’s done pretty well for someone so downtrodden.