2020 SETXsports.com Team Previews - EVADALE REBELS

logo.png

2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PREVIEWSEvadale-62554141.png

EVADALE REBELS

2019 Record: 5-5 Overall; 3-2 District

3rd Place in District 12-2A-II

The Evadale Rebels have been one of the steadier programs in the area, and Mark Williams' Rebels qualified for the playoffs for the 14th year in a row.  To extend the streak to an even 15, the Rebels will count on six returning offensive starters and seven returning starting defenders.

COACHING

Head Coach: Mark Williams

Assistant Coaches: Danny Conner, Wade Williams, Jerrod Herrington, Kenneth Riedinger, Matthew Terry, Trevor Morgan

OFFENSE

Six starters return to the Evadale offense in 2020.  Leading the way in the Rebel backfield will be senior running back Tyler Ferguson.  Junior wide out Chase Smith (2nd team all-district) will lead a receiver corp which will feature senior receiver T.J. Boles and sophomore Jody Isbell.  Senior offensive lineman Jacob Moore (1st team all-district) will lead an offensive line which will also include juniors Braden Montalvo and Drake Hart.

DEFENSE

Seven starters return to the Evadale defense in 2020.  Moore (1st team all-district) and junior defensive end Nathan Ingleman will lead things up front in the Evadale 4-3 along with Montalvo and Hart (both 2nd team all-district picks).  Ferguson, junior linebacker Trenton Lyles and sophomore linebacker Casey Lewis will man the linebacker positions.  Boles (1st team all-district) and Isbell (2nd team all-district at outside linebacker).

SPECIAL TEAMS

Special teams assignments will be finalized at fall practice.

SCHEDULE

Aug. 28 - TBD

Sept. 4 - Warren, 7:00 pm

Sept. 10 - Merryville (LA), 7:00 pm

Sept. 18 - at Cushing, 7:00 pm*

Sept. 25 - Frost (Crockett), 7:00 pm*

Oct. 2 - OPEN

Oct. 9 - High Island, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 16 - at Hull-Daisetta, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 23 - Deweyville, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 30 - Sabine Pass, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 6 - at Burkeville, 7:00 pm*

STADIUM INFORMATION

Name: Rebel Field

Address: Hwy. 105 South, Evadale

Capacity: 800

Turf: Grass

Helmet Image Courtesy of texasfootball.com:

This is the hidden content, please

Stadium Information Courtesy of TexasBob.com Texas Football Stadium Database:

This is the hidden content, please

Unless something changes it could be Isabell. He was the backup last year and did a good job while in there. They have lost a lot of players and not sure if got any others to replace, so this roster is going to be crazy. I heard Braden Montalvo transfer was not accepted this year so he may not be in Evadale. There were a lot of transfers that were not accepted this year from what I heard.

1 hour ago, TigerAlumni85 said:

Unless something changes it could be Isabell. He was the backup last year and did a good job while in there. They have lost a lot of players and not sure if got any others to replace, so this roster is going to be crazy. I heard Braden Montalvo transfer was not accepted this year so he may not be in Evadale. There were a lot of transfers that were not accepted this year from what I heard.

Crap losing Montalvo would hurt bad. The O-line is down already. 

Do you think Isabell could throw good enough to play on Friday? I know he's quick so that helps. 

On 7/24/2020 at 3:05 PM, NetCat said:

Crap losing Montalvo would hurt bad. The O-line is down already. 

Do you think Isabell could throw good enough to play on Friday? I know he's quick so that helps. 

I have seen him throw passes on the run but they were more short passes. Not sure how he is on sitting in pocket then air it out.

1 minute ago, TigerAlumni85 said:

I have seen him throw passes on the run but they were more short passes. Not sure how he is on sitting in pocket then air it out.

Well if they lost Montalvo then I don't know how much sitting in the pocket is going to happen anyways! Lol. 

that's true.. I was shocked when I heard there were several transfers not accepted by Evadale and that he was one of them.... I was shocked about that , my son said it was true. Not sure if someone is going to try to get that changed but I guess we will see. I have no idea who they all were but heard there were several.

15 minutes ago, TigerAlumni85 said:

that's true.. I was shocked when I heard there were several transfers not accepted by Evadale and that he was one of them.... I was shocked about that , my son said it was true. Not sure if someone is going to try to get that changed but I guess we will see. I have no idea who they all were but heard there were several.

Who knows what they're thinking?! 

On 7/24/2020 at 10:35 AM, NetCat said:

Let's go Rebs! 

Just don't know who the quarterback is this year. Anyone know who did it for the JV last year? 

Isbell is the correct spelling and a friend of mine is his dad.  I saw him QB in junior high and he threw the ball very well downfield (passes more than 20-30 yards) so his ability to throw the ball in and out of the pocket is definitely there for the varsity level.  

3 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

Isbell is the correct spelling and a friend of mine is his dad.  I saw him QB in junior high and he threw the ball very well downfield (passes more than 20-30 yards) so his ability to throw the ball in and out of the pocket is definitely there for the varsity level.  

Well that's good, hope they have a great season this year.

On 7/24/2020 at 10:35 AM, NetCat said:

Let's go Rebs! 

Just don't know who the quarterback is this year. Anyone know who did it for the JV last year? 

They didn't play any JV games last year not enough kids.  They are looking at a couple to fill the spot of QB Sr TJ Boles, Juniors Chase Smith and Trenton Lyles , or maybe Soph Jody Isbell.  As far as transfers go no one left , there was a letter sent out, superintendent revoked it and all are coming back. 

12 hours ago, Rebel041482 said:

They didn't play any JV games last year not enough kids.  They are looking at a couple to fill the spot of QB Sr TJ Boles, Juniors Chase Smith and Trenton Lyles , or maybe Soph Jody Isbell.  As far as transfers go no one left , there was a letter sent out, superintendent revoked it and all are coming back. 

That's good news, cause Montalvo is needed. 

14 hours ago, Rebel041482 said:

Not quite sure I follow. What letter? What does the superintendent have to do with transfers? Shouldn't that be a DEC matter?

Evadale may be an open enrollment school district but UIL residency protocols still have to be followed to be ruled eligible for athletics.

These matters cannot be handled "in house".

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not quite sure I follow. What letter? What does the superintendent have to do with transfers? Shouldn't that be a DEC matter?

Evadale may be an open enrollment school district but UIL residency protocols still have to be followed to be ruled eligible for athletics.

These matters cannot be handled "in house".

He's talking about denying transfers that were already in the school. Not letting them back supposedly. 

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

??

On what grounds were they going to be denied even after they were enrolled?

That's a good question, some of the kids that got letters have been going there since elementary. 

Word I got a minute ago was the letter was sent out before it went thorough the right channels. 

Just glad it didn't happen

3 hours ago, NetCat said:

That's a good question, some of the kids that got letters have been going there since elementary. 

Word I got a minute ago was the letter was sent out before it went thorough the right channels. 

Yes quite a few have been there for several years, the reasons for denied transfers ranged from too many absences,  behavioral issues, grades, ect.... As a transfer you should work above the rest to earn your spot in that school . 

3 hours ago, NetCat said:

That still doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, Rebel041482 said:

Yes quite a few have been there for several years, the reasons for denied transfers ranged from too many absences,  behavioral issues, grades, ect.... As a transfer you should work above the rest to earn your spot in that school . 

😳 Huh??

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

That still doesn't make sense.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

😳 Huh??

I think it comes down to small school politics. Somebody didn't like some of the kids and tried to get rid of them. 

Word I got was the board never approved or saw the list. 

Least that's what one of the families were told on why they got a letter...

I dunno, wish somebody would clear it up a little more honestly. My nephew had no idea it happened and he's friends with a couple of the kids that got the letter. 

2 hours ago, Rebel041482 said:

Honestly without transfers Evadale would be a 1A within 5 years. Just my opinion. 

50 minutes ago, NetCat said:

I think it comes down to small school politics. Somebody didn't like some of the kids and tried to get rid of them. 

Word I got was the board never approved or saw the list. 

Least that's what one of the families were told on why they got a letter...

I dunno, wish somebody would clear it up a little more honestly. My nephew had no idea it happened and he's friends with a couple of the kids that got the letter. 

It still doesn't make sense.

3 hours ago, Rebel041482 said:

That's more like suspension or expulsion, not denying transfer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1