I saw this tweet from a DMN sports writer this morning.  It was a quote from UIL AD Dr. Susan Elza yesterday:

UIL AD Susan Elza at THSCA Coaching School: "We feel like we're going to have seasons. We're hopeful to have some sort of announcement this week. We're still in an approval process. There is no guarantee that there will be an announcement tomorrow."

1 hour ago, wo-s#1 said:

Can’t find anything on it but I guess you have to assume no baseball being that late??

I would think every sport will be played, just most would overlap.  Sort of like basketball and baseball does every year.  You can also throw soccer, track, and tennis in there too.  I believe Texas would just push the start of football out about a month if any.  It would coincide with the on-line schooling the TEA has spoke about.  I'm just ready for something, because its boring without sports.  My son has been playing summer baseball and its like a release for me and my family to actually get out.  Stay safe!!

47 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Apparently, Dr. Elza told ADs at the THCSA Coaching School that there would be no update from the UIL today.

I see two options now which have really been the only two from my point of view, Ethier pull the trigger with the best safety plan you have and let the chips fall where they may  or pull the plug and let's try again next year but all this stonewalling is getting us nowhere but burning daylight. Jmo

UIL is not stone walling. They have multiple plans in place and are constantly communicating with TEA and The governors office. They are constantly adapting as new info comes in. They will release a plan this week. But No plan this year will be a set in stone plan in terms of dates because there will have to be flexibility due to the unknown. 

5 minutes ago, Tyerman said:

UIL is not stone walling. They have multiple plans in place and are constantly communicating with TEA and The governors office. They are constantly adapting as new info comes in. They will release a plan this week. But No plan this year will be a set in stone plan in terms of dates because there will have to be flexibility due to the unknown. 

Ok 

You also have to wonder whether this from the Harris Co. judge caused some pause with the UIL:

This is the hidden content, please

Now, unlike the Dallas Co. order, this is just "urging" the district to close. But if they decide to do what Hidalgo has urged, it has some pretty big effects on some of our area teams.

8 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

You also have to wonder whether this from the Harris Co. judge caused some pause with the UIL:

This is the hidden content, please

Now, unlike the Dallas Co. order, this is just "urging" the district to close. But if they decide to do what Hidalgo has urged, it has some pretty big effects on some of our area teams.

A decision to not start in school learning to late October (which would mean no sports till November) would basically kill any possibility to play sports this fall.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

A decision to not start in school learning to late October (which would mean no sports till November) would basically kill any possibility to play sports this fall.

If that’s what happens it will kill all fall sports without a doubt. Spring took the hit last year, 2 years of no springs sports is a huge... 

3 hours ago, Tyerman said:

UIL is not stone walling. They have multiple plans in place and are constantly communicating with TEA and The governors office. They are constantly adapting as new info comes in. They will release a plan this week. But No plan this year will be a set in stone plan in terms of dates because there will have to be flexibility due to the unknown

Like the boogeyman or possibly aliens...

4 hours ago, Tyerman said:

They have to adapt to the cooked up numbers that come in so the economic and mental state of this State and country is suppressed. The unknown will become Crystal Clear on November the 4th. Say what you want but the political aspect of this stinks to high heaven!

Guest ECBucFan

Pretty cool. This will allow the elite 1a-4a players to finish up then transfer in time for at least the last four weeks of the 5a-6a season.