27 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Well there a families that are teaming up with others families making pandemic pods and paying the teachers to come to them for several hours a day every teaching there kids.

Ok... so why are the teachers demanding payment when they’re already being paid a full time salary? One that got a 5g raise last year? 
If you ain’t scared to work your side hustle, you ain’t to scared to go to class.

period. 

1 hour ago, Realville said:

You mean your students parents helped you earn that money for March, April, and May. Your Welcome. Hope you get to get back in the classroom to teach.

No. I created and graded assignments.  I was available for video conference at a set time every day. I was available via email 24/7. 

I do not have to back up to the pay window. I do my job and I do it well.

38 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Is anybody claiming that an hour or two of online instruction is a suitable replacement for in-classroom instruction?

Thought they were all going to video learning? Like it was going to be a full day where the kids had most of the classes? Maybe I'm crazy though. 

2 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

No. I created and graded assignments.  I was available for video conference at a set time every day. I was available via email 24/7. 

Thank you

The NYC mayor announced that the city will be providing childcare for 100k NYC children this fall. It will use community centers and organizations, libraries and other space to set up care.  The number could increase in the fall. 

It’s too dangerous for the TEACHERS to go back to school, so they’ll be opening these big childcare facilities (like schools) for the kids to attend while school is cancelled. 
You can’t make this insanity up. 

This is the hidden content, please

10 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

So you’re gonna sit there and hand to God say your job is equally demanding even though you don’t have to go, don’t have to deal with behavioral issues, and instead of presenting lessons you’re available for a video conference for an hour or so each day.? 

If video teaching works so well, we need to fire every teacher out there except one and just pay him to log on for an hour a day. Hell, I’d give that one teacher a raise.  

2 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

It is not like the teachers created this scenario.  The vast majority of us would prefer to be in the classroom with our students.  Please don't generalize us, and what is happening in New York is not what is happening in Texas if you haven't noticed.

Ummmmm....If you’re part of the TSTA, then your leader called for the same thing yesterday. 

At the end of the day the governor will give districts a lot of leeway, and then the real politics can take over at the local level.    Districts are all over the place right now and there doesn't seem to be any clear understanding as to where we are going from here.  Probably just like the rest of the country:  big cities will do one thing and rural areas will do another with a few exceptions here and there.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Ok... so why are the teachers demanding payment when they’re already being paid a full time salary? One that got a 5g raise last year? 
If you ain’t scared to work your side hustle, you ain’t to scared to go to class.

period. 

I don't know I'm just telling you what I am reading, it doesn't say if they volunteered to pay them or if they requested it. But it's a way to educate their children by a teacher that's all I'm saying.

6 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

I don't know I'm just telling you what I am reading, it doesn't say if they volunteered to pay them or if they requested it. But it's a way to educate their children by a teacher that's all I'm saying.

I’m sorry if you thought I was being critical of you. 
It’s just silly to pay a teacher to educate your kids, except they “can’t” because of Covid, so parents are forced to HIRE the same teachers they’re already paying to come out and educate their kids. 
It’s like having a yard guy under contract, except he won’t come cut your grass, but there’s this whole thing of the contract so you’re stuck paying him, and now you’re stuck hiring a new lawn guy while you’re still paying the old one, except the new one shows up and it’s the first yard guy in the same truck using the same mower, but with a different name.  And you pay him twice to mow your yard once. 

I cancelled my housekeeper for two months while we were doing stay at home. For starters, I didn’t want to break quarantine, and I also was sitting around the house anyways. I still paid her, though, because I was the one calling her off. 
Now, if she had told me that she wasn’t coming, but I still demanded that I her because of our agreement, we’d have had a problem. Even if she did offer to FaceTime me and tell me how to clean my toilets. 

Well, rather than debate the value of teachers in a virtual teaching situation, let's address the situation as it stands now and how it potentially could if the UIL follows TAPPS lead on Monday.

The TAPPS plan that comes down today knocks:

Legacy down to 5 games:

Oct. 2 - Deweyville, 7:00 pm

Oct. 9 - OPEN

Oct. 16 - at League City Bay Area Christian, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 23 - Houston Lutheran North, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 30 - at Houston Westbury, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 6 - Pasadena First Baptist, 7:00 pm*

Kelly down to 4:

Oct. 2 - at Tyler Grace Community, 7:00 pm

Oct. 9 - at Addison Trinity Christian, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 16 - at Carrollton Prince of Peace, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 23 - Houston The Village, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 30 - TBA

Nov. 6 - TBA

Baytown Christian down to 5 games (losing 1 district game):

Oct. 2 - at Bellville Faith, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 9 - Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 16 - TBD

Oct. 23 - OPEN

Oct. 30 - at Houston Grace, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 6 - Alvin Living Stones, 7:00 pm*

The TAPPS plan also affects area UIL schools. 

Livingston loses its 8/28 game vs. Concordia Lutheran

Burkeville loses its 8/28 game vs. Legacy

Evadale loses its 8/28 game vs. Kelly

Huffman loses its 9/4 game vs. Concordia Lutheran

Vidor loses its 9/4 game vs. Houston St. Pius X

Hardin loses its 9/11 game vs. Kelly

Tenaha loses its 9/11 game vs. Brook Hill and its 9/18 game vs. Tyler Grace

Kountze loses its 9/11 vs. Legacy and its 9/18 game vs. Kelly

Sabine Pass loses its 9/18 game vs. Frassati Catholic

Chester loses its 9/18 game vs. Baytown Christian

On 7/15/2020 at 6:13 PM, WOSgrad said:

Lumberton/Waltrip on 8/28

Splendora/North Forest on 8/28

Nederland/Austin on 9/4

Cleveland/North Forest on 9/4

Hamshire-Fannett/Wheatley on 9/4

Baytown Sterling/Washington on 9/10

West Brook/Lamar on 9/11

Barbers Hill/Heights on 9/11

I have to add 1 to this list to make it 9:

Anahuac/Furr on 9/3

If the UIL follows the lead of TAPPS, it will not only mean no non-district games for all of our UIL districts with the exception of 10-4A-II (Jasper) and 13-1A-II (Chester), it also means that in the vast majority of districts will not be able to play all of their district games absent some bending of certain rules by the UIL.

21-6A would lose 1 district game (with the exception of Summer Creek who has a bye on 9/25) meaning West Brook would not have its game against North Shore.

8-5A-I would lose 3 district games (with the exception of Caney Creek who has a bye on 9/11, New Caney who would have a bye on 9/18 and Waller who would have a bye on 9/25, who would lose only 2). Cleveland would lose district games vs. Waller and Magnolia West.

9-5A-I would lose 1 district game.  GCM would lose their district game vs. Ball, Lee would lose their game vs. Friendswood, Sterling vs United would be lost, as well as PA Memorial vs. La Porte.

12-5A-II would lose 1 district game.  BH/Kingwood Park, Crosby/Dayton, Santa Fe/Texas City, and PN-G/Nederland would be lost (THAT'S RIGHT, NO MID COUNTY MADNESS).

10-4A-I would not lose any district games.

10-4A-II would not lose any district games.

11-4A-II would lose 1 district game (with the exception of Bridge City, who has a bye on 9/25). H-F/WO-S, HJ/Liberty and OF/Silsbee would be lost.

9-3A-I would lose 1 district game (with the exception of Coldspring-Oakhurst who has a bye on 9/25). Diboll would lose their game vs. Trinity.

10-3A-I would lose 1 district game (with the exception of Kirbyville who has a bye on 9/25).  Anahuac/Tarkington, Buna/Woodville and EC/Hardin would be lost.

12-3A-II would lose 1 district game (with the exception of New Waverly who has a bye on 9/25).  Anderson-Shiro/Warren, Corrigan-Camden/Hemphill and Kountze/Newton would be lost.

12-2A-I would lose any district games.

11-2A-II would lose 1 district game (with the exception of Mt. Enterprise who has a bye on 9/25).  Colmesneil/Overton, West Sabine/Cushing and Lovelady/Tenaha would be lost. 

12-2A-II would not lose any district games.

13-1A-II would not lose any district games.

Thus if the UIL does follow the same calendar as TAPPS, they would probably have to waive the 5 day rule to allow several districts, here and around the state, to complete a full district schedule.

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

The NYC mayor announced that the city will be providing childcare for 100k NYC children this fall. It will use community centers and organizations, libraries and other space to set up care.  The number could increase in the fall. 

It’s too dangerous for the TEACHERS to go back to school, so they’ll be opening these big childcare facilities (like schools) for the kids to attend while school is cancelled. 
You can’t make this insanity up. 

This is the hidden content, please

What’s even better is these child care workers will begin replacing the police force once the kids go back to school. Their dumbarse of a mayor believes in taking a more humane approach to crimes like homicide, rioting, etc. 

13 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

So you’re gonna sit there and hand to God say your job is equally demanding even though you don’t have to go, don’t have to deal with behavioral issues, and instead of presenting lessons you’re available for a video conference for an hour or so each day.? 

If video teaching works so well, we need to fire every teacher out there except one and just pay him to log on for an hour a day. Hell, I’d give that one teacher a raise.  

Nope. Not saying that at all. We need to be in the classroom.  Let's go. I'm ready today.

10 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Uh, folks.  I am not saying that these post do not contain important issues, but many of them are starting to take a political bent. 

There is a thread down in the political forum for posts like this.  I have even done you the courtesy of posting the link to that thread here:

Two questions 1st  is tapps allowing fans. Second if there are playoffs and state championships games   will there be a limit to the stadium use? Like I said earlier college and pro sports don't want outside events other than their own if there is a season 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

All I have to say is TAPPS and if UIL follows the same better hope a hurricane/tropical storm doesn’t come and disrupt anything. We tend to get the major hurricanes in September/October... 

Ugh don't even say things like that! 

Guest ECBucFan

Time to shut the season down. If the classroom is too dangerous, then football surely is too. BTW baseball and graduation was lost last year, but Life went on.