1 minute ago, WOSgrad said:

And depending what decisions those students make, especially in 4A and below, you are essentially sacrificing some sports.

That would be their choice. It's for the kids anyway. Not our place to dictate what these students would prefer. I feel bad for my boss's son at BC, senior year championship season... all was lost.

34 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

How many coaches do they need? 2 places at once? There's 6 days in a week to sort out scheduling. I'm not saying it's a perfect scenario, but what is now days?

Need at least 6 for football, more if you want to have a better team. 2 or 3 for basketball, 1 or 2 for track, 2 or 3 for baseball. Also have to have guys for golf, tennis, power lifting, cross country, and soccer. These are all just estimates...

And almost all the coaches do 2, 3, or more sports. 

What I'm saying is that all of it cannot happen at the same time during the spring, some things are going to have to be cut. 

Or you have to get more coaches to run practices and be at all those different games. 

24 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Need at least 6 for football, more if you want to have a better team. 2 or 3 for basketball, 1 or 2 for track, 2 or 3 for baseball. Also have to have guys for golf, tennis, power lifting, cross country, and soccer. These are all just estimates...

And almost all the coaches do 2, 3, or more sports. 

I understand multiple coaches. Practices would only have 1 or 2, not 6. Those other coaches would be wherever they're needed. I'm also saying spread it out thru the week. "Saturday" Night Lights?

The data and science that is out there doesn’t warrant the insanity of school closures. Just about every civilized nation in the world is opening or already has opened their schools. The damage of the lockdown will far exceed the the damage of the virus. I don’t need the government to keep my family alive so they can keep us from living. Stop with the reindeer games an let we the people govern our selves. The political aspect of how the Texas government is reacting to this virus is sickening! 

This is the hidden content, please

26 minutes ago, Realville said:

The data and science that is out there doesn’t warrant the insanity of school closures. Just about every civilized nation in the world is opening or already has opened their schools. The damage of the lockdown will far exceed the the damage of the virus. I don’t need the government to keep my family alive so they can keep us from living. Stop with the reindeer games an let we the people govern our selves. The political aspect of how the Texas government is reacting to this virus is sickening! 

This is the hidden content, please

Sounds great! Please elaborate on how a 2 week lock down will exceed the damage of the virus? We are setting daily records with COVID cases and deaths. I totally get............let me govern themselves. The problem is PEOPLE are not! Instead of wearing s simple mask and practicing social distancing, we have IDIOTS fighting when asked to back the hell up or NO MASK NO SERVICE. Then folk dont wanna wear their mask, call the police, and they cant even enforce it. Lord and if they do, there is 15 stupid a$% cell phone cameras taping every move. So over it!

7 minutes ago, LTFALCON said:

Sounds great! Please elaborate on how a 2 week lock down will exceed the damage of the virus? We are setting daily records with COVID cases and deaths. I totally get............let me govern themselves. The problem is PEOPLE are not! Instead of wearing s simple mask and practicing social distancing, we have IDIOTS fighting when asked to back the hell up or NO MASK NO SERVICE. Then folk dont wanna wear their mask, call the police, and they cant even enforce it. Lord and if they do, there is 15 stupid a$% cell phone cameras taping every move. So over it!

Not without getting in trouble for it anyway. 

16 minutes ago, LTFALCON said:

I am talking about the lockdown as a whole. Not just 2 weeks. You totally distorted my post. Did you read the link? Probably not. At what point does these mini lockdowns stop. Believe me I am so done with this nonsense also. I’ve lost 65% of my business that took me 14 years to buildup only to have it wiped out in a 2 week period in March. Most of my accounts has already went out of business. All of these experts making theses decisions haven’t lost a paycheck so we’re not all in this together. When everyone throws in 65% of their income or all of their income into a care fund then maybe I’ll feel like we’re all in this together. I feel for the ones that have lost all of their business at least I have a little bit left. Rant over!

21 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Not without getting in trouble for it anyway. 

Sheriff’s all over Texas have said their not going to enforce the mask issue. That should tell you something. Like maybe they don’t want to get sued because it’s not a justified legal law that has any solid science behind it. If you feel like you should wear one then wear one if you feel like you don’t need one then don’t wear one. Stopping the virus from spreading is like trying to stop a leaky bucket with a 1000 holes in it with 10 fingers. Ready for this to be over with for sure. 

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I understand multiple coaches. Practices would only have 1 or 2, not 6. Those other coaches would be wherever they're needed. I'm also saying spread it out thru the week. "Saturday" Night Lights?

I get what you're saying but 1 or 2 coaches can't run a good football practice, especially at bigger schools. 

As for playing on Saturday, I'm in but I still don't think there's enough days in the week to play all the games. 

Say Football on Saturday. Basketball and Baseball play twice a week (or more if tournaments are allowed), Track once a week, Power lifting once a week, tennis once a week, golf once a week, and soccer once a week. 

And that's just games, gotta run practices during that same time period.

The numbers just don't add up. 

Something will have to be cut, or they are going to hire more coaches. 

And add that to the fact that at the smaller schools (3A down) many times the coaches are also Jr high coaches. So are we sacrificing Jr high sports? (Personally I think yes on this because it's needed for the seniors)

8 minutes ago, Realville said:

I am talking about the lockdown as a whole. Not just 2 weeks. You totally distorted my post. Did you read the link? Probably not. At what point does these mini lockdowns stop. Believe me I am so done with this nonsense also. I’ve lost 65% of my business that took me 14 years to buildup only to have it wiped out in a 2 week period in March. Most of my accounts has already went out of business. All of these experts making theses decisions haven’t lost a paycheck so we’re not all in this together. When everyone throws in 65% of their income or all of their income into a care fund then maybe I’ll feel like we’re all in this together. I feel for the ones that have lost all of their business at least I have a little bit left. Rant over!

Little brother Rant On! Man seems alot of us posting on here if therapeutic! LOL I apologize you have lost $$. Praying for all of you guys and your families recovery. 

5 minutes ago, Realville said:

Sheriff’s all over Texas have said their not going to enforce the mask issue. That should tell you something. Like maybe they don’t want to get sued because it’s not a justified legal law that has any solid science behind it. If you feel like you should wear one then wear one if you feel like you don’t need one then don’t wear one. Stopping the virus from spreading is like trying to stop a leaky bucket with a 1000 holes in it with 10 fingers. Ready for this to be over with for sure. 

Lawd ME 2! 

1 hour ago, NetCat said:

And add that to the fact that at the smaller schools (3A down) many times the coaches are also Jr high coaches. So are we sacrificing Jr high sports? (Personally I think yes on this because it's needed for the seniors)

Agree seniors need to have their chance for scholarships. Small schools would be hit harder as far as the coaching. Maybe some of the individual sports only need a teacher/administrator.

16 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Agree seniors need to have their chance for scholarships. Small schools would be hit harder as far as the coaching. Maybe some of the individual sports only need a teacher/administrator.

For tennis, golf, or power lifting. Could do it I guess, but those kids would be losing out on any advise or techniques from the coaches. Basically be letting the kids coach themselves. 

2 hours ago, NetCat said:

I get what you're saying but 1 or 2 coaches can't run a good football practice, especially at bigger schools. 

As for playing on Saturday, I'm in but I still don't think there's enough days in the week to play all the games. 

Say Football on Saturday. Basketball and Baseball play twice a week (or more if tournaments are allowed), Track once a week, Power lifting once a week, tennis once a week, golf once a week, and soccer once a week. 

And that's just games, gotta run practices during that same time period.

The numbers just don't add up. 

Something will have to be cut, or they are going to hire more coaches. 

It’s going to be extremely hard for these school districts to hire more coaches when they have a unexpected cost to sanitize everything down, hire more custodians and etc to keep the non athletes safe for learning... plus school districts to hire more coaches Sounds great on paper, But where would all these coaches and teachers come from...? There is already a teacher shortage in this state let alone in this country... 

7 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

It’s going to be extremely hard for these school districts to hire more coaches when they have a unexpected cost to sanitize everything down, hire more custodians and etc to keep the non athletes safe for learning... plus school districts to hire more coaches Sounds great on paper, But where would all these coaches and teachers come from...? There is already a teacher shortage in this state let alone in this country... 

Yeah that was my point, that you can't just move all the sports to spring and expect it to work. Something will have to be cut. 

Football for TAPPS:

Football
September 8 - Strength and Conditioning only (August 3 pushed forward to this date)
September 15 - Full pads are allowed for students
September 21 - Full pads and scrimmage. One scrimmage only.
September 28 - First week for interscholastic games.

1 minute ago, WOSgrad said:

Football for TAPPS:

Football
September 8 - Strength and Conditioning only (August 3 pushed forward to this date)
September 15 - Full pads are allowed for students
September 21 - Full pads and scrimmage. One scrimmage only.
September 28 - First week for interscholastic games.

Crap what is that like week 5 or something? 

If multiple sports were to be played in the spring along with football, there will not be enough officials to cover the games. I know of very few officials that only call 1 sport. Most do at least two and some do three and one guy I know does 4. So far TASO is conducting business like there will be some sort of fall sports. A one month delay could be the answer. Looks like TAPPS has a good plan. 

Just now, WOSgrad said:

A one month delay wouldn't hurt that bad.  You could still reasonably complete a full athletics calendar with that.  Beyond that, then decisions will have to start being made.

I know, it's probably the best decision, but ugh