22 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Here is what I fear happening that would have a deeper impact on SETX games as currently scheduled.

This is the hidden content, please
:

issues emergency order: -Public/private schools can't do in-person learning until after Sept 7 -Sports + activities can't happen until in-person learning starts -Schools must develop & submit a plan to local health authority and make it public"

If Harris or Dallas County does this.  Football in September is toast.

Add Dallas County to that.

Believe me people I did not want this. But i when put it out there months ago I wanted to be so wrong. With the flu season creeping up on us I believe the powers to be are looking ahead now. We are on the brink of losing the season entirely and who's to say this will be better by the spring and I'm talking about everywhere not just texas. 

1 minute ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Believe me people I did not want this. But i when put it out there months ago I wanted to be so wrong. With the flu season creeping up on us I believe the powers to be are looking ahead now. We are on the brink of losing the season entirely and who's to say this will be better by the spring and I'm talking about everywhere not just texas. 

A question.  If football is moved to the spring, which sport(s) will be sacrificed?

13 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Houston ISD has not moved football to the spring. 

"If we need to play football in January, we can"

Correct. the HISD super just stated that with the games pushed back, the games could be pushed into January to complete its season, like the NFL does.

28 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

What about track and all that

Well, that was what I was trying to get at with the question that I asked you as practically every boys sport would be sacrificed if you delay football to the spring yet play a full schedule.

When you look at it that way, it is not going to be as popular a solution as some think.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Basketball? 

Yep.  If you keep a full football schedule from two a days to Week 11 starting on January 4th.  That would start boys basketball on March 15 with the state championships somewhere in mid July.  While I am sure the UIL would give leeway, I don't know if they would want sports extended to just a couple of weeks before the start of the 2021 athletic calendar.

37 minutes ago, CCRed said:

What’s that ?

I'm sure that there are many here that agree with that sentiment and thus have no problem with other sports being sacrificed.  However, as Matt Stepp just noted, those other sports that would be sacrificed bit the bullet during the 19-20 year.  Boys basketball, soccer and track lost their championships, baseball and softball lost nearly an entire season.  Some will probably argue that it is football's time to bite the bullet and that if they can't play this fall, they shouldn't play at all.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

None? Each student athlete will have decisions to make. How about no JV?

Would have to hire more coaches if football, basketball, and all the spring sports are going on at the same time. Can't coach all of those at the same time. Can't be in two places at once.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

I'm sure that there are many here that agree with that sentiment and thus have no problem with other sports being sacrificed.  However, as Matt Stepp just noted, those other sports that would be sacrificed bit the bullet during the 19-20 year.  Boys basketball, soccer and track lost their championships, baseball and softball lost nearly an entire season.  Some will probably argue that it is football's time to bite the bullet and that if they can't play this fall, they shouldn't play at all.

I agree. It's football's turn.

I'm saying that knowingly that takes money out of my pocket.

25 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Would have to hire more coaches if football, basketball, and all the spring sports are going on at the same time. Can't coach all of those at the same time. Can't be in two places at once.

How many coaches do they need? 2 places at once? There's 6 days in a week to sort out scheduling. I'm not saying it's a perfect scenario, but what is now days?