10 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Agree 100%

Now from a safety stands which means take preventable measures which is what the ivy league is doing better safe than sorry. No one is knocking is that at all because August is only a couple a weeks away so I'm pretty sure they will not drop dramatically by then. Now uil is planning on starting the season on time with the players wearing mask underneath their which is a very bad Idea. It hard too work in those mask outside in the heat and I've been doing it since April everyday 12 hours a day. Everybody from  the ages from 21 to 30 was struggling and quit but for those of us that have Bill's fought through it but it's still hard. So playing full speed for 3 plus hours is going to be brutal. I believe a clear visor that covers all the bars on the face mask should do the trick. We switched the face shield in the field and it still hot with a face shield down but it's alot easier to breathe and nobody has quit since the switch. Tell the uil to suit up in full pads and run around mask for 3 hours and then make decision on which is better. 

10 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Now from a safety stands which means take preventable measures which is what the ivy league is doing better safe than sorry. No one is knocking is that at all because August is only a couple a weeks away so I'm pretty sure they will not drop dramatically by then. Now uil is planning on starting the season on time with the players wearing mask underneath their which is a very bad Idea. It hard too work in those mask outside in the heat and I've been doing it since April everyday 12 hours a day. Everybody from  the ages from 21 to 30 was struggling and quit but for those of us that have Bill's fought through it but it's still hard. So playing full speed for 3 plus hours is going to be brutal. I believe a clear visor that covers all the bars on the face mask should do the trick. We switched the face shield in the field and it still hot with a face shield down but it's alot easier to breathe and nobody has quit since the switch. Tell the uil to suit up in full pads and run around mask for 3 hours and then make decision on which is better. 

I thought they only had to wear a mask until they suited up. 

I am a Maintenance Supervisor for a plant on the channel. We require face protection at all times unless sitting at your desk alone. When the techs are outside working 8 hours a day in the heat, the biggest complaint they have is NOT being able to breathe. We have had incidents where techs have shortness of breath, headaches and  dizzy due to breathing exhaled carbon dioxide. Now these guys are working hard in the heat and exert themselves somewhat. I have a difficult time thinking players and officials will be able to run up and down the field for 3 hours and not experience some of the same symptoms if not greater than these techs! 

I can NOT believe its going to be August in 20 plus days! 

49 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I thought they only had to wear a mask until they suited up. 

Actually I see where  they mentioned the face shields.

1 minute ago, LTFALCON said:

I am a Maintenance Supervisor for a plant on the channel. We require face protection at all times unless sitting at your desk alone. When the techs are outside working 8 hours a day in the heat, the biggest complaint they have is NOT being able to breathe. We have had incidents where techs have shortness of breath, headaches and  dizzy due to breathing exhaled carbon dioxide. Now these guys are working hard in the heat and exert themselves somewhat. I have a difficult time thinking players and officials will be able to run up and down the field for 3 hours and not experience some of the same symptoms if not greater than these techs! 

I can NOT believe its going to be August in 20 plus days! 

Yep.  

On 7/12/2020 at 6:22 PM, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Yes sir I'll take anything right about now  other than canceling but with greg Abbott talking about another possible lockdown there is a great disturbance in the force.

I was told that lockdown pt.2 thing was a rumor.

I'm starting to really see what other states are doing or potentially doing in the coming weeks, 2020 is weird overall but the first qtr of 2021 as far as sports might be weirder. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I was told that lockdown pt.2 thing was a rumor.

I'm starting to really see what other states are doing or potentially doing in the coming weeks, 2020 is weird overall but the first qtr of 2021 as far as sports might be weirder. 

This is the hidden content, please

On 7/8/2020 at 8:49 PM, Chuckwagon said:

No one cares about the Ivy League as long as Texas High School Football is going! All that matters.

Normally I would agree with you but my unc coaches the  yale the mens basketball team so I have to show some concern plus he gave me sweet seats when they played north Carolina in December last year. And one if my  buddy has a son that plays football for yale also.

5 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Is it true that Houston ISD is not doing school or sports till October? Anyone else hear this???

My cousin that teaches that way said he handnt heard anything but I did see they already canceled the rose parade and in Philadelphia no large gathering for at least 4 months I believe so the eagles will have no fans if the nfl starts.

20 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

They’ll be like the Texans after all their “smart” personnel moves. 

20 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

They’ll be like the Texans after all their “smart” personnel moves. 

Yes and I was wrong the philly governor said no large gathering through February. I thought it just was 4 months. And Walmart and Sam's across the u s is requiring mask for everyone but I was already doing that.